Cricket

coxyhog

18 hours ago, Painter said:

Disappointed by the ending of the women's one day game at Lords.... I know its in the rules, but what happened to "gentlemanly conduct" and issuing a warning first? Feel for Charlie Dean - she was doing brilliantly with the number 11....

Mind you, good on her for shaking hands with the opposition afterwords. 

Great day out at Lord's yesterday,low scoring match and a bowler's pitch.

Congrats to India, they were the best team over the series.

Agreed, should of been more lenient with the rules.

• Like 1

On 9/24/2022 at 6:10 PM, Painter said:

Disappointed by the ending of the women's one day game at Lords.... I know its in the rules, but what happened to "gentlemanly conduct" and issuing a warning first? Feel for Charlie Dean - she was doing brilliantly with the number 11....

Mind you, good on her for shaking hands with the opposition afterwords. 

Just been reading about this as it has a quote from Deepti Sharma who was bowling. She said Charlie was warned repeatedly by the Indian team, and when she was run out it was the 72nd time in her innings she had left the crease early.

So seems she chose to risk being run out.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, galenkia said:

Just been reading about this as it has a quote from Deepti Sharma who was bowling. She said Charlie was warned repeatedly by the Indian team, and when she was run out it was the 72nd time in her innings she had left the crease early.

So seems she chose to risk being run out.

Except...

https://www.skysports.com/amp/cricket/news/12123/12705648/charlie-dean-mankad-dismissal-heather-knight-accuses-india-bowler-deepti-sharma-of-lying-over-warnings-claim

This could get ugly, but I hope it doesn't. 

• Thumbs Up 1

26 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Another great finish. Bowled really well last over. Seen many a bowler smashed to pieces in the last over. 

Not least Stokes against the Windies in the T20 word final. 

Agreed, great finish, but anyone think we threw that away early on in the innings?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

51 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

Anyone else find it strange that we're playing all these games in Pakistan when the WC takes place in Australia?

Surely completely different pitches?

Hadn't though about that. At least there are very competitive games. Also some fringe players being given a chance, albeit they can't be promoted to the WC squad unless an originally selected player drops out with an injury.

I just assume now with the crazy amount of international fixtures being played it's all about the money

• Like 1