Seven Dangerous Days ....

Stillearly

The volume of traffic is very high as well with enormous traffic jams around and north of Bangkok.

I am driving to Mae Sot tomorrow but I am considering leaving after watching the gooners beating Chelsea tonight but that timing is when the drunks are on the road.

I do very little driving at night these days ?

Motorway or good dual carriageway the whole 660 klms.

Decisions, decisions.

13 minutes ago, Jambo said:

I do very little driving at night these days ?

Me too mate, after a couple of near misses that could have wiped out wifey and i. I don't mind night driving locally but out on the open roads with all the lorries and loonies, nahh i'll give it a miss. You'll be much safer leaving in the morning.

• Like 2

I really don't like driving at night over here, even locally. Far too many without mirrors, driving too fast, tanked up on Laokow and just to complete the circle of lunacy, the F**kwits take the back lightbulbs out so "pee" can't follow them home on the motorbikes. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Stillearly said:

0AA20C76-0786-47D6-A409-547E8E9624EA.jpeg

It will be a few more dangerous days this year as most folks are off until Sunday the 5th. 

Roads to Isaan are gridlock currently; it took someone 16 hours to get to Brum which is normally a 5 to 6 hour drive. 

2 hours ago, Esco said:

It will be a few more dangerous days this year as most folks are off until Sunday the 5th. 

Roads to Isaan are gridlock currently; it took someone 16 hours to get to Brum which is normally a 5 to 6 hour drive. 

That is what is worrying me about my journey tomorrow.

I did this same drive for New Year three years ago and it took forever and that was very much day time driving. I seem to recall that the inevitable break downs and the odd accident made matter infinitely worse.

I do this drive regularly and I usually leave at 5:00 am from Bangsaray and there is always stop/start traffic at the "Bang-Pa-In" interchange  which I normally reach at 7:30 am so it will be much worse tomorrow.

I think I will leave at 4:00 am as a compromise as it will be getting light at 6:30.

159 people killed, 1549 injured so far in Thailand New Year’s seven deadly days of driving road toll

Singhaburi-accident-696x327.jpg?v=157693

BANGKOK (NNT) – The Road Safety Operation Center (RSOC) is maintaining its concentration on screening for drunk driving along every route and in festival areas.

On Monday (Dec 30), at the Department of Disaster Prevention and Mitigation. Pol. Lt. Gen. Damrongsak Kittiprapat, Assistant Commission–General, Royal Thai Police, chaired the announcement of the Road Safety Operation Center’s progress.

A summary of road accidents on 29th December 2019 recorded 531 accidents, with 47 deaths, and 560 injured. The total number of accidents since the first day of the campaign (27-29 December 2019) is 1,504, with 1,549 injured, and 159 killed.

Consequently, the RSOC has adjusted its checkpoint setting’s strategy to correlate with the cause of an accident, as well as implementing an area-based mechanism to target hazardous behavior. Especially, the risk of drunk driving among youths under 20 years of age; when identified, they must prosecute such offenders along with their guardians and the shop that sold liquor to the minor.

Moreover, strict supervision of the use of safety equipment has been redoubled to reduce the loss of life in road accidents as much as possible.

Typical example of Thai stupidity.  The parents, I mean.

And no, this is not Thai bashing, just a fact. 

12-Year-Old Driver Dies In New Years Day Crash

https://www.stickboybkk.com/news/12-year-old-driver-dies-in-new-years-day-crash/

And proud to boast about their stupidity....

"A family member told reporters the boy had been driving for 3 or 4 years having learned to drive at a young age and was able to drive an assortment of vehicles, including a 6-wheel truck."

3 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

Typical example of Thai stupidity.  The parents, I mean.

And no, this is not Thai bashing, just a fact. 

12-Year-Old Driver Dies In New Years Day Crash

https://www.stickboybkk.com/news/12-year-old-driver-dies-in-new-years-day-crash/

And proud to boast about their stupidity....

"A family member told reporters the boy had been driving for 3 or 4 years having learned to drive at a young age and was able to drive an assortment of vehicles, including a 6-wheel truck."

Amazing ----

If found guilty his parents face a fine of 2,000 baht for allowing their son behind the wheel without a driving license and a further fine of 30,000 baht and/or three months jail time under the Child Protection Act for encouraging children to behave inappropriately.

• Like 1