COVID 19 Related to THAILAND Posts

2 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I shall be trying to register on this link later.....Let's see how long it stays up (Oooooh...Matron..!!!)

https://expatvac.consular.go.th/

I was surprised to find the site actually opened on time. And I wasn't surprised when it crashed two minutes later. Then I was surprised to find after waiting a few minutes I can go no further than entering my email address as it now reports the email address is already taken.

Really shitty programming on their part to save a data input to the database before the final submit to accept all data inputs. Bunch of amateurs.

Screen Shot 08-01-21 at 11.04 AM.JPG

1 hour ago, Happy Man said:

I have had the same results also and tried two different email addresses and both failen. You didn't expect it to work the first time...Did you ??? T I T...

Get's even better. Barrow is reporting data entered on the site is visible to anyone that knows where to look.

Edited to add: That security hole has now been plugged.

image.png

Edited by forcebwithu

Just tried again and was successful. First step was email address entry. Once that was accepted immediately received an email with a link to a web page for entering Name, DOB, passport, etc. Entered the required info and after submitting the data received a registration success email.

Screen Shot 08-01-21 at 01.45 PM.JPG

• Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Just tried again and was successful. First step was email address entry. Once that was accepted immediately received an email with a link to a web page for entering Name, DOB, passport, etc. Entered the required info and after submitting the data received a registration success email.

How did you get passed the "your email has already been taken" message ??

3 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

How did you get passed the "your email has already been taken" message ??

I have five email addresses and had only burned one on their system. Before burning another I used made up email addresses to test the system. When the made up one, [email protected], went through with no error I figured I had a reasonably good chance of using one of my remaining real addresses.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

I have five email addresses and had only burned one on their system. Before burning another I used made up email addresses to test the system. When the made up one, [email protected], went through with no error I figured I had a reasonably good chance of using one of my remaining real addresses.

I have used one of my sons' email addresses... I have registered succesfully .... but any notification will go to him...

• Thumbs Up 1

35 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

What will you do if there are only two choices of vaccination ??

1. 2 x Sinovac

2. I x Sinovac + A.N.Other..

7 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

What will you do if there are only two choices of vaccination ??

1. 2 x Sinovac

2. I x Sinovac + A.N.Other..

I'll play the waiting game until I can get anything but the Chinese crap. I'm fortunate in that other than being over 60, I'm in very good health and not in any other high risk group for the Chinese virus. I'd like to get some of the Pfizer my tax $'s paid for and the US has now donated to Thailand, but if push comes to shove I'll pay for the vaccine of my choice.

Edited to add: Because I'm over 60, I think AZ is what they'll be pumping into my arm.

Edited by forcebwithu
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

LOL, just got an email from my first failed attempt at registering with a link to input my personal info. They must have wrote a quick fix to the code to send out emails to those that got an error message when they attempted to register.

I guess mine will be along in about 2 hours then !!!

I used both email addresses  unsuccessfully to register. My friend used his email to register for me and was successful.  What a screwed up system when they lock you out.  After 31 years living in Thailand, nothing surprises me anymore....Well, maybe a little LOL

1 hour ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I have used one of my sons' email addresses... I have registered succesfully .... but any notification will go to him...

Ask him to set up a filter so anything coming from *@consular.go.th gets forwarded to you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Info 1

From what you guys on the ground, as it were, are saying, the system as it is sounds like a total "pigs breakfast" and I hope that there will soon be a clearer path to getting vaccinated 

Covid does not discriminate between nationality, so why should the vaccine program? Its not about entitlement. 

From Richard Barrow -

🔴 BREAKING: The Thai government is extending the lockdown and curfew. They are also enlarging the dark red zone from 13 provinces to 29 provinces.
Bangkok, Nonthaburi, Samut Prakan, Samut Sakhon, Pathum Thani, Nakhon Pathom, Ayutthaya, Chonburi, Chachoengsao, Kanchanaburi, Tak, Nakhon Nayok, Nakhon Ratchasima, Prachuap Khiri Khan, Prachinburi, Phetchaburi, Phetchabun, Rayong, Lopburi, Ratchaburi, Singburi, Samut Songkhram, Saraburi, Suphan Buri, Ang Thong, Narathiwat, Pattani, Songkhla and Yala.

To me they should just do a full national lockdown to give time for the vaccine roll out to get going properly, same as what the UK did last December. Could hopefully lift it by Xmas. 
They're gonna have to f**k about with these 'kiddie on' lockdowns until a decent percentage of the population is vacced anyway.  At least people would know where they stood, have a bit of certainty, can plan, close, leave, whatever they decide to do.  This constant reactionary stuff helps no one.
  • Like 4

26 minutes ago, Krapow said:

From Richard Barrow -

🔴 BREAKING: The Thai government is extending the lockdown and curfew. They are also enlarging the dark red zone from 13 provinces to 29 provinces.
Bangkok, Nonthaburi, Samut Prakan, Samut Sakhon, Pathum Thani, Nakhon Pathom, Ayutthaya, Chonburi, Chachoengsao, Kanchanaburi, Tak, Nakhon Nayok, Nakhon Ratchasima, Prachuap Khiri Khan, Prachinburi, Phetchaburi, Phetchabun, Rayong, Lopburi, Ratchaburi, Singburi, Samut Songkhram, Saraburi, Suphan Buri, Ang Thong, Narathiwat, Pattani, Songkhla and Yala.

To me they should just do a full national lockdown to give time for the vaccine roll out to get going properly, same as what the UK did last December. Could hopefully lift it by Xmas. 
They're gonna have to f**k about with these 'kiddie on' lockdowns until a decent percentage of the population is vacced anyway.  At least people would know where they stood, have a bit of certainty, can plan, close, leave, whatever they decide to do.  This constant reactionary stuff helps no one.

Doesn’t sound like they are doing the vaccination in any great urgency or great numbers . 
As for Thailand opening up to foreigners in October I think no chance or even Christmas 

48 minutes ago, Homor said:

Doesn’t sound like they are doing the vaccination in any great urgency or great numbers . 
As for Thailand opening up to foreigners in October I think no chance or even Christmas 

Aye, they don't have furlough either, so would be devastating for many.

But these half measures while infections and deaths continue to rise aren't helping. 

Posted here months ago, only way it will get better, and then be able to open up as well, is get a good % of the population vacced. 

• Thumbs Up 1

23 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Aye, they don't have furlough either, so would be devastating for many.

But these half measures while infections and deaths continue to rise aren't helping. 

Posted here months ago, only way it will get better, and then be able to open up as well, is get a good % of the population vacced. 

My observations since the area became dark red are that with bars, massage parlors and dine in restaurants closed there does appear to be less people on the streets in the areas dominated by those types of business.  However that said, areas such as markets, sea food market at Naklua and similar are marginally less busy but by and large the Thai population are carrying on their normal routines.

I did notice from my early morning walks that there appear to be more people sleeping on the streets; I was advised that historically homeless people were allowed to sleep and be fed at the temples, however this practice has now been stopped.  

There are many free food give out, however the information I have suggests instances of one person collecting food for the whole family unit and persons doing the rounds of all the free food outlets.  There was also a suggestion that the food carts were suffering a loss of trade due to free food being given out.  Another suggestion doing the rounds was that people were taking advantage of free food; why pay for it if one can obtain it without cost.

Whether the measures introduced due to the dark red status are sufficient to curtail the increase in cases I do not know and would not venture a guess.

• Great Info 1

6 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

That's what I was waiting for.  I didn't want to go to Bangkok for the shot.  Hopefully they'll be giving AZ, as I understand the Pfizer are going to medical staff.

Registration only had one hiccup.  It wouldn't let me enter the district or sub-district.  I hit register and it sent me back and this time the fields were working.  I had to re-upload my passport pdfs as those vanished.  But in the  end, success.

Free food handouts, people sleeping on the street and very little income for many. 

Not sure I would want to visit as a tourist before the population in general gets back on its feet.  Tourists with money to spend might just not be a sight that many Thais could handle without moving closer (closer than I would like) and seeing what they can get from me so think it will be a while before I step off a plane in the land of smiles.