COVID 19 Related to THAILAND Posts

13 hours ago, Homor said:

Doesn’t sound like they are doing the vaccination in any great urgency or great numbers . 
As for Thailand opening up to foreigners in October I think no chance or even Christmas 

Khaosod has been publishing a daily graphic on the progress of the vaccine rollout and how the govt is doing at achieving the target of 70% of the population fully vaccinated by the end of the year. In a nutshell, they're failing miserably at achieving that goal.

Thailand's Vaccine Tracker (Aug. 1, 2021)
About 5.89% of the population is fully vaccinated. 13,802,916 (+162,737) people have received the first dose, while 3,883,058 (+31,605) have been fully inoculated.
At this rate, Thailand needs to administer 620,698 doses per day within 154 days to reach the herd immunity target by the year's end.

222753008_4554261674592729_8689547373041643088_n.png

source: https://www.facebook.com/KhaosodEnglish/posts/4554263317925898

• Like 1

Yesterday morning I first registered for a jab at the samitivej hospital Sriracha, because that is only 30 km from Pattaya. Until now no reaction. Then I registered for the goverment expatvac site. Later yesterday I got a reply for registration, but I did not fill it in because later in the day I say that de medpark hospital provids pfizer vaccine. I go to that site and in 5 minutes I have a confirmed appointment for 12 august 17.00 with as preference Pfizer vaccine. The question is only what the second jab will be, but maybe by that time Thailand has more Pfizer.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

I am led to believe that these are part of the top secrets network of Towers used to activate and manipulate the micro chip in the Covid 19 vaccines. 

untitled-8644-Edit.jpg

This post is deliberately quite rediculous and absurd, but not as absurd as some of the anti vax and Covid 19 denial posts I have seen. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, john luke said:

I am led to believe that these are part of the top secrets network of Towers used to activate and manipulate the micro chip in the Covid 19 vaccines. 

image.png

Yeah, but just who is doing the manipulating?

image.png

Edited by fygjam

Did he fail to provide the right amount of gov'mint lubricant..? 🧐

Thai hospital tycoon who promised Pfizer vaccine says deal now unlikely

https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-pacific/thai-hospital-tycoon-who-promised-pfizer-vaccine-says-deal-now-unlikely-2021-08-04/?fbclid=IwAR325_Zdpo3CgzOgsfdNbf0ZYha0GBt-tjkHg981JjDBaOIxGYttYkH5pyU

BANGKOK, Aug 4 (Reuters) - The chair of Thailand's Thonburi Healthcare Group (THG) (THG.BK) said on Wednesday that a deal to import 20 million doses of the Pfizer-BioNTech (PFE.N), (22UAy.DE) COVID-19 vaccine was unlikely to happen, despite his earlier claims that a deal was close.

Thailand is battling its biggest COVID-19 outbreak yet, and has been racing to secure vaccines. Last month, THG Chairman Boon Vanasin said talks to clinch a deal with BioNTech was nearing conclusion, but both Pfizer and BioNTench said they were not in talks with THG. read more

"Our problem is that we are unable to import it because it has to come through a government agency," Boon said during a televised interview with the MCOT television station on Wednesday. "I think we won't be able to do it," he added...

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, lazarus said:

Did he fail to provide the right amount of gov'mint lubricant..? 🧐

Thai hospital tycoon who promised Pfizer vaccine says deal now unlikely

https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-pacific/thai-hospital-tycoon-who-promised-pfizer-vaccine-says-deal-now-unlikely-2021-08-04/?fbclid=IwAR325_Zdpo3CgzOgsfdNbf0ZYha0GBt-tjkHg981JjDBaOIxGYttYkH5pyU

BANGKOK, Aug 4 (Reuters) - The chair of Thailand's Thonburi Healthcare Group (THG) (THG.BK) said on Wednesday that a deal to import 20 million doses of the Pfizer-BioNTech (PFE.N), (22UAy.DE) COVID-19 vaccine was unlikely to happen, despite his earlier claims that a deal was close.

Thailand is battling its biggest COVID-19 outbreak yet, and has been racing to secure vaccines. Last month, THG Chairman Boon Vanasin said talks to clinch a deal with BioNTech was nearing conclusion, but both Pfizer and BioNTench said they were not in talks with THG. read more

"Our problem is that we are unable to import it because it has to come through a government agency," Boon said during a televised interview with the MCOT television station on Wednesday. "I think we won't be able to do it," he added...

Wifey just saw this, she is not happy at all. " Gov't agency"??  I am currently hiding in my "ManCave" This would have been a huge lift for Thailand. 

• Surprised 1

24 minutes ago, Yessongs said:

Wifey just saw this, she is not happy at all. " Gov't agency"??  I am currently hiding in my "ManCave" This would have been a huge lift for Thailand. 

Hard to know what's really going on. Lots of jockeying for position right now as the situation deteriorates and mutually beneficial allegiance$ are stretched thin. Finger pointing is perfected to an art in TH. So much so that the g'mint is trying to put a lid on it as well.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Yessongs said:

A word that rhymes with DING or BLING is the "govt agency'.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, lazarus said:

...Finger pointing is perfected to an art in TH. So much so that the g'mint is trying to put a lid on it as well.

That didn't take long.

THG chairman accused for vaccine deal talks
Head of crime victims group files complaint, alleging fake news, stock manipulation

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2160583/thg-chairman-accused-for-vaccine-deal-talks

Boon Vanasin, chairman of Thonburi Healthcare Group Plc (THG), has been accused of spreading fake news and stock manipulation involving his talks about buying 20 million doses of the Pfizer-BioNTech Covid-19 vaccine.

Achariya Ruangratanapong, head of a non-government crime victims aid group, filed the complaint with the Cyber Crime Investigation Bureau (CCIB) on Thursday.

He accused Dr Boon of breaking the computer crime law when he said he could acquire millions of doses of the vaccine to serve customers of his group of hospitals.

Dr Boon refused to elaborate on the deal but later the producer denied it had not been in talks with THG, Mr Achariya said...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/5/2021 at 7:09 PM, Sea-Hawks said:

I was hoping to be back in LOS in Oct/after the 14th of October.  I must say, I’m having some disappointing concerns that it may not happen 😞

14th October for me.  I'm trying not to think about it too much yet as I'm sure there will be lots of changes and flip flops before then, but I know what you mean.

Apologies if posted elsewhere or I've put this in the wrong place, but just seen the story of the poor Swiss lady murdered in Phuket

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2161339/govt-sorry-for-phuket-murder

I know every life should matter but she sounds more like a high end tourist using the Phuket Sandbox scheme, not some reckless backpacker.

• Sad 1

This morning I ordered stuff from Decathlon and the tracking shows it left Nonthaburi this afternoon...That's Nonthaburi ..... Bangkok........the epicentre of Covid in Thailand ....

Should I be worried?

Will Kerry clean the package off with spray at their Pattaya transit location?

I wear a mask for all deliveries but should I be particularly worried because of its place of origin?

Or should I just be a man and STFU ??

30 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

This morning I ordered stuff from Decathlon and the tracking shows it left Nonthaburi this afternoon...That's Nonthaburi ..... Bangkok........the epicentre of Covid in Thailand ....

Should I be worried?

Will Kerry clean the package off with spray at their Pattaya transit location?

I wear a mask for all deliveries but should I be particularly worried because of its place of origin?

Or should I just be a man and STFU ??

My lady has a habit of squirting the packages with alcohol spray if she gets to them first. If I get the package I don't bother as the risk probably approaches zero.

image.png

https://www.researchgate.net/post/What-is-the-risk-of-getting-COVID-19-from-packages-delivered-through-the-postal-system

5 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I have been the same for all local deliveries but seeing Nonthaburi got me thinking.. It will probably get delivered tomorrow now it's getting late, so no problem  really ..

In the early covid days here, there was a fear of packaging carying the virus, also many cases of people with covid passing it on to relatives by sending birthday cards in the post and licking the envelope etc.

As a precaution, I used disposable gloves to handle all deliveries, then would dispose of the packaging and leave the item inside for a couple of days in the air before handling.

If you are worried, you could do similar!

• Thanks 1

As is usual with tourist murders they originally arrested someone from Burma ...but looks like it's now a Thai that has confessed  ..

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2161603/arrest-made-in-phuket-murder

PHUKET: Police have arrested a 27-year-old Thai man who has reportedly confessed to the murder of a Swiss tourist, two days after her body was found at a local waterfall.

The confession followed an intensive interrogation of the man, who had gone to the site to collect wild orchids, Thai media reported.

The body of the 57-year-old Swiss woman was found on Thursday near Ton Ao Yon waterfall in tambon Wichit of Muang district. She was lying face-down in the water among the rocks. Her body was covered with a black sheet.

Police identified the victim as Nicole Sauvain-Weisskopf, the deputy protocol chief of the Federal Assembly of Switzerland. She was visiting the island under the “Phuket Sandbox” programme, which is allowing in vaccinated foreign tourists in an effort to help revive a sector decimated by the Covid-19 pandemic.

National police chief Pol Gen Suwat Jangyodsuk flew to Phuket on Friday with a team of top investigators to oversee the case, the first serious incident to be reported since the Sandbox programme began on July 1.

On Saturday he told reporters that officers had some “good news” and that the case was “all wrapped up”. He is scheduled to hold a news conference at 10am Sunday to give more details.

• Sad 1

23 hours ago, KWA said:

14th October for me.  I'm trying not to think about it too much yet as I'm sure there will be lots of changes and flip flops before then, but I know what you mean.

I'm booked for the 5th of December, and am just as worried as you guys - don't see any miracles happening in the meantime...

Meant to be going 16th January but doesn't look good. If they don't open for high season this year I don't think they'll be much left in Pattaya to go back to. Far to many hoops to have to jump through for me to even consider going at the moment.