COVID 19 Related to THAILAND Posts

13 hours ago, Proffesor said:

I'm hearing disturbing reports from a few farangs who've fought their way through the process, that more than one hotel, in cahoots with their partnership hospitals, are reporting positive test outcomes on the initial test, resulting in hospitalization, x-rays, lung biopsies etc and a THB 200,000 > 300,000 insurance bill, before deducing that the test must have reported a false positive.

Is anyone else here hearing similar ?

Could we please have some documentation or links to support this, please?

14 hours ago, Proffesor said:

I'm hearing disturbing reports from a few farangs who've fought their way through the process, .......... 

14 minutes ago, john luke said:

Could we please have some documentation or links to support this, please?

I would not expect there to be supporting documentation! 

Was surprised to see the big jump in new cases for Chonburi this morning.

This is the translation using Google Translate of the biggest cluster. Waiting now for one of the English news services to provide a better explanation for the large increase.

1. Cluster New Military Training Center, Sattahip District, 553 cases, collecting 580 cases
(Accrual of reports of the reporting system that the reporting agency is inaccurate)

source: https://www.facebook.com/ChonburiPr/posts/4540633812667071

241543345_4540633382667114_4927084650617275304_n.jpg

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, forcebwithu said:

This is the translation using Google Translate of the biggest cluster. Waiting now for one of the English news services to provide a better explanation for the large increase.

1. Cluster New Military Training Center, Sattahip District, 553 cases, collecting 580 cases
(Accrual of reports of the reporting system that the reporting agency is inaccurate)

This was alluded to in yesterdays reporting by The Pattaya News -

The Chonburi Public Heath Office noted they still have numbers to be reported (Since July 2nd, 2021 onward for the center for new soldiers in Sattahip, 583 cases (waiting to check)

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/09/08/chonburi-reports-846-new-covid-19-cases-with-20-deaths/

So its historical stuff only now being included 'in the books'.

Looking through that then, the daily trend is still good.

On a like for like comparison yesterday the Province had 846 new cases, today 553.

Banglamung District (Pattaya) yesterday had 149 new cases today 128

The 3 larger eastern seaboard Districts had 557 cases yesterday, 614 today

20 deaths yesterday, 15 today.

In my weekly summary over at PA, I'm inclined to 'note' these catch up numbers but exclude them from the charting etc. There is already an issue with daily test numbers - none reported for last Sunday. 

Will see how it pans out.

PS @forcebwithudo you have a none FB link to that daily graphic from Provincial Health Dept ?

I don't do FB but wouldn't mind access to the daily graphic as TPN can be late publishing the info.

Edited by Zeb
  • Great Info 1

37 minutes ago, Zeb said:

PS @forcebwithudo you have a none FB link to that daily graphic from Provincial Health Dept ?

I don't do FB but wouldn't mind access to the daily graphic as TPN can be late publishing the info.

Their FB page has a link to their website: https://www.chonburipr.net/

Looked a little bit, but didn't see the graphic they post on FB.

Like you, I don't do FB, but have an account so I can access info that wouldn't otherwise be available.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

source: https://www.facebook.com/ChonburiPr/posts/4540633812667071

241543345_4540633382667114_4927084650617275304_n.jpg

It's still a bit concerning, even if you knock out the 580 military cases from today's 1,594, the underlying number is still 40% higher than it was earlier in the week, whereas today's national community total was high at 15,400, but that's only +/-15% more than the trend of late.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Sea-Hawks said:

…well based on uncertainty and no definitive action, plans are to delay my return by at least 1 month.  See what happens through October and “maybe” return in November.  

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for early December....

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

Covid 19 cases appear to have fallen fairly  significantly back to July figures according to several sources. Let's hope that downward trend continues as vaccination roll out continues. Its all going in the right direction. 

Certainly seems that way, though i think testing is way down as well, coincidence ...

• Like 1

https://aseannow.com/topic/1233166-thailand-to-scrap-quarantine-for-vaccinated-visitors-from-nov-1/

BANGKOK (Reuters) - Thailand will waive its mandatory quarantine requirement in Bangkok and nine regions from Nov. 1 to vaccinated arrivals, authorities said on Monday, as the country tries to boost its immunisation rate and revive its battered tourism sector.

The regions include popular tourist areas Chiang Mai, Phangnga, Krabi, Hua Hin, Pattaya, and Cha-am, and follow the successful reopening of Phuket and Samui islands to vaccinated people in pilot schemes since July.

© Copyright Reuters 2021-09-27

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1

1 hour ago, Bazle said:

https://aseannow.com/topic/1233166-thailand-to-scrap-quarantine-for-vaccinated-visitors-from-nov-1/

BANGKOK (Reuters) - Thailand will waive its mandatory quarantine requirement in Bangkok and nine regions from Nov. 1 to vaccinated arrivals, authorities said on Monday, as the country tries to boost its immunisation rate and revive its battered tourism sector.

The regions include popular tourist areas Chiang Mai, Phangnga, Krabi, Hua Hin, Pattaya, and Cha-am, and follow the successful reopening of Phuket and Samui islands to vaccinated people in pilot schemes since July.

OK good news, what about the $100k Covid Insurance you have to have, is that no longer required after Nov 1st if you are fully vaccinated?  I will also have wifey's friend find out and see how many different "opinions" we get on this. 

Of course we all know this could change tomorrow LOL! 

2 hours ago, Yessongs said:

OK good news, what about the $100k Covid Insurance you have to have, is that no longer required after Nov 1st if you are fully vaccinated?  I will also have wifey's friend find out and see how many different "opinions" we get on this. 

I doubt they will change the insurance requirements,  in the past they have added stuff to make it more difficult to do.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Yessongs said:

I would expect that most responsible tourists would have medical insurance, my last two trips to Europe had me covered for far in excess of $100k and as a person who had to admit a previous heart issue I was charged very little.  I ensured the insurance included covid cover.

I would expect that there are some very reasonable travel insurances out there that have sufficient medical coverage.

I personally wouldn't step foot in Thailand without medical insurance.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

I would expect that most responsible tourists would have medical insurance, my last two trips to Europe had me covered for far in excess of $100k and as a person who had to admit a previous heart issue I was charged very little.  I ensured the insurance included covid cover.

I would expect that there are some very reasonable travel insurances out there that have sufficient medical coverage.

I personally wouldn't step foot in Thailand without medical insurance.

Your biggest stumbling block is that whilst Thailand is on the red list, ie government advised against travel, many insurances are void.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, boydeste said:

Your biggest stumbling block is that whilst Thailand is on the red list, ie government advised against travel, many insurances are void.

Absolutely true but that tends to be the same for anywhere that the FCO advise against all but essential travel. 

I suspect that Thailand may be coming off the Red List before 01 November. 

Must admit I doubt I will be traveling there before next summer but I am not a solo traveler, I will have the entourage in tow.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, boydeste said:

One of the reasons I can't go back to the US for a visit, even if I wanted to endure a quarantine on my return. My expat health insurance would become null and void due to my traveling when the global warning against travel is level 3 or higher.

• Thumbs Up 1

I would say that for most of us (especially at my age and condition) it is only prudent and responsible to have adequate travel/medical insurance for any destination outside our own place of residence, Thailand is no different.

It is also an individuals responsibility to check on all requirements for a country and understand the costs involved in those things which may affect our travels including whether insurance would be still valid.  Reading the small print is very important where insurance is concerned. 

It is obvious that some will travel to any point without insurance and we have heard stories of those crowd funding or just stuck in hospitals begging for help, for me that is just crazy.

I personally think any country should insist on medical insurance to enter their borders if they do not offer reciprocal medical assistance similar to our own country.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Bazle said:

What it doesn't mention is that SHA+ hotels wil still be required for a week come November (according to the rumours I've heard).

19 minutes ago, KWA said:

What it doesn't mention is that SHA+ hotels wil still be required for a week come November (according to the rumours I've heard).

Yes I don't think it is a question of booking where you like but as more staff get vaccinated the list of hotels available (more than 70% of staff vaccinated) will surely grow.  Certainly in Phuket and Koh Samui the choice of accommodation is getting bigger everyday and with some at very reasonable prices.

If there is to be a smooth transition back to Tourism over the next 3 months then a few factors are to be considered

Good news if indeed the 2 week quarantine is to be lifted for visitors who have been vaccinated

But

What will they find when they arrive? 

Hopefully, a large percentage of the Thai population will be vaccinated within a couple of months and cases, hospitalisation and death reduces. I am assuming that only then will the many current restrictions will be lifted. 

Maybe the Thai Authorities will still be concerned about the areas of Nightlife being a major cause of C19 spread and some restrictions my still apply? 

At that point it is then possible that UK for instance may remove Thailand from the Red list and no quarantine on return, except for positive test on arrival. 

A lot of ifs and buts. 

But it will be a gradual process with one factor reliant on another. 

Perhaps, returning to places like Pattaya, by Xmas maybe a little optimistic. Even with the current state of play, everything is subject to change, depending on the behaviour of the Virus and counter measures 

The Vaccine travel Pass will be a welcome change and vaccinated visitors should not have to fork out on quarantine Hotel bills, and time waisted doing nothing. 

I reckon that unless current restriction are lifted in many tourist areas, then many may wait a while. I know I will. 

Family type tourists will probably be the first in. 

Filthy sex tourists like Butch and myself, will. Probably hold fire for a while 😁😁

At least things appear to be slowly travelling in the right direction. 

• Like 1