COVID 19 Related to THAILAND Posts

7 hours ago, Bazle said:

I've not seen any suggestion that what gets injected in the 4th jab is any different from the previous 3.

I believe that all jabs for viruses get tweaked eventually to cover new variants. Can't say with authority but I believe that is the case with the flu jab but maybe, right now, the 4th jab for Covid is just a booster to increase immunity that has waned.

I still would take it if the highest medical council in the UK deems it a benefit.

• Thumbs Up 1

Post-Songkran Covid spike expected

The kingdom is expected to record about 100,000 new Covid-19 cases per day following the Songkran holiday, according to the dean of Siriraj Hospital's medical school.

When I read the above article back on April 11, I thought then it was just more fear mongering with no reasonable justification for the wild ass prediction of 100,000 new cases post Songkran.

I think enough time has now passed that we can reasonably say the medical school dean was so far off in his prediction it's laughable. Unfortunately the serious consequence to these shit predictions is the perpetuation of fear in the general public that lap up this nonsense.

Today' report on the Thailand numbers..
13,816 new Covid cases, 120 more deaths

Which continues the downward trend in new cases since Songkran.
image.png

The Chonburi numbers are looking good too. For the first time in a couple of months we're once again below 500 in new infections.
279283134_359653036188600_2475715504316782003_n.jpg

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, forcebwithu said:

I think enough time has now passed that we can reasonably say the medical school dean was so far off in his prediction it's laughable. Unfortunately the serious consequence to these shit predictions is the perpetuation of fear in the general public that lap up this nonsense

Of course there is a compelling reason to keep the masses living in fear. It's an election year!

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Post-Songkran Covid spike expected

The kingdom is expected to record about 100,000 new Covid-19 cases per day following the Songkran holiday, according to the dean of Siriraj Hospital's medical school.

When I read the above article back on April 11, I thought then it was just more fear mongering with no reasonable justification for the wild ass prediction of 100,000 new cases post Songkran.

I think enough time has now passed that we can reasonably say the medical school dean was so far off in his prediction it's laughable. Unfortunately the serious consequence to these shit predictions is the perpetuation of fear in the general public that lap up this nonsense.

Today' report on the Thailand numbers..
13,816 new Covid cases, 120 more deaths

Which continues the downward trend in new cases since Songkran.
image.png

The Chonburi numbers are looking good too. For the first time in a couple of months we're once again below 500 in new infections.
279283134_359653036188600_2475715504316782003_n.jpg

Mate with the greatest respect the numbers reported here in Thailand are sheer fantasy. 

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Surprised 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/18/2020 at 3:41 PM, tko said:

I just opened the i-Rover LKM webcams to take a look.  Eerie. Whole area shut down.

I have been viewing the iRovers Webcam recently and although a little grainy at night, I have noticed a gradual increase in footfall in the LK area. But what is interesting, is that although closing times seem to have been extended to midnight, many of the bars are not chucking out until 1am. 

Daytime still looks very quiet on that Soi. 

I don't know how common place this for other areas, but I suspect that if and when opening hours are extended to 1am then perhaps it will be 2am if bars can get away with it. 

Billabong seems to be doing a good trade and by the looks of it, the freelancers are back. 

What say you, those who are on the ground in Pattaya? 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

I have been viewing the iRovers Webcam recently and although a little grainy at night, I have noticed a gradual increase in footfall in the LK area. But what is interesting, is that although closing times seem to have been extended to midnight, many of the bars are not chucking out until 1am. 

I don't know how common place this for other areas, but I suspect that if and when opening hours are extended to 1am then perhaps it will be 2am if bars can get away with it. 

Billabong seems to be doing a good trade and by the looks of it, the freelancers are back. 

I'm heading over for a few days mid next week, and will be staying in that area.  I'll report then.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Nightcrawler said:

The last couple of weeks the places with live music (Billabong, Rock Factory, Triangle Bar) have been quite busy. On a couple of nights it didn't look like there was an empty seat to be had.

Sure hope they end the farce of only restaurants can open soon.

• Great Info 2

3 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

The last couple of weeks the places with live music (Billabong, Rock Factory, Triangle Bar) have been quite busy. On a couple of nights it didn't look like there was an empty seat to be had.

Sure hope they end the farce of only restaurants can open soon.

Don't know about the Rock Factory but those other bars used to be full prior to Covid. They seem to have loyal clientele, maybe many locals but also had good price deals.

3 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

I've been here for the past month and things seem to have got a lot busier over the last couple of weeks around LK. Billabong is usually a good indicator of how busy things are and in the first week I'd say it was lucky to be a third full, last night when I went past it was seriously busy. 

Treetown has plenty of bars open but to me it was just noise with bars competing for loudest noise they could get from their bands. It wasn't as busy as I thought it'd be. Lots of bars open around Buakhow and Pothole and they all pretty much seem to be doing ok.

Now they've virtually dropped the requirements for entry I can see the place picking up really quick as people who have been starved of their Pattaya fix will head back here.

Edited by mrcharliemofo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Info 4

7 hours ago, lazarus said:

Have to wonder if mask enforcement will be like no smoking enforcement?

Pubs, massage parlours to reopen, masks mandatory

https://www.bangkokpost.com/business/2313310/pubs-massage-parlours-to-reopen-masks-mandatory

"At massage parlours where people touch physically, they must wear face masks," Dr Taweesilp said.

. . .

Capture.JPG

Well least thatlll hide the tash and piggy nose,for some of the er girls.

Edited by Phantom51red
  • Haha 2

Another milestone for Chonburi. First time, in I can't remember how many months, the new infection count of 85 has dropped below 100. Numbers for Thailand continue to drop too. 4,099 new Covid cases, 29 more deaths

I know the numbers are not even close to reality, but it's what the govt will use to justify continued relaxation of restrictions. So long may the downward trend continue.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=377959967691240&set=a.4956618177735297&type=3

Edited by forcebwithu
include link to FB post
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

For your last two posts should there be a chart or further info as I am not seeing anything.

They contain embedded links to the relevant FB posts. Perhaps if you don't have a FB account they won't show? Whatever the reason, good to know some might not be able to see the posted info. I'll go back and include links to the posts in addition to the embed code.

Edited to add: Just tried viewing the posts incognito mode and they display fine. Anyone else having problems seeing those posts? Any ideas why they might not display for some?

image.png

Edited by forcebwithu

18 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

They contain embedded links to the relevant FB posts. Perhaps if you don't have a FB account they won't show? Whatever the reason, good to know some might not be able to see the posted info. I'll go back and include links to the posts in addition to the embed code.

Edited to add: Just tried viewing the posts incognito mode and they display fine. Anyone else having problems seeing those posts? Any ideas why they might not display for some?

image.png

Thanks

I see the links at the bottom of your posts now. I was just confused by about a half A4 page of nothing so I assumed a link or chart etc. had been missed. I just note now also the highlighted number of Covid cases and Deaths in post 1 was a link.

2 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Anyone else having problems seeing those posts? Any ideas why they might not display for some?

I just see blank space with the facebook link at the bottom too.  I get this a lot when posters copy and paste from other sites, and Facebook seems to be the main culprit.  john luke and I did look into it a while back but never came up with a fix.

ETA:  I'm using Firefox 100.0.2 and Win10.

Edited by KWA
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, KWA said:

I just see blank space with the facebook link at the bottom too.  I get this a lot when posters copy and paste from other sites, and Facebook seems to be the main culprit.  john luke and I did look into it a while back but never came up with a fix.

ETA:  I'm using Firefox 100.0.2 and Win10.

I think it may be a case of some browsers defaulting to not allowing <iframe> html code due to security concerns. At any rate, good to know some can't see the posts with embed code. In the future I'll post a screen shot and link rather than use the embed code.

4 IFrame Security Concerns You Should Know

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

I think it may be a case of some browsers defaulting to not allowing <iframe> html code due to security concerns. At any rate, good to know some can't see the posts with embed code. In the future I'll post a screen shot and link rather than use the embed code.

4 IFrame Security Concerns You Should Know

Ctrl and minus sign which shrinks the page/image worked for me on both Chrome and Firefox.

(Ctrl and plus sign magnify a page or image, Ctrl and zero restore normal page/image size)

• Great Info 1

On 5/17/2022 at 2:14 AM, Nightcrawler said:

On 5/17/2022 at 2:34 AM, tko said:

I'm heading over for a few days mid next week, and will be staying in that area.  I'll report then.

So, thoughts from my recent visit.

I spoke to several bar mangers and owners I know, most Thai but some foreign.  I was taken by their very optimistic attitudes, each and every one of them.  They say they're seeing the recovery week to week, and very hopeful for the coming months. 

I stayed in the LKM area, with one daytime visit to a friend's beer bar on Walking street.  I thought that bar was running at about 50% normal customer count for this time of year, but WS is usually dead during the day.  They told me it's hoping at night when the gogos open, especially on the weekends.

I arrived on a Wednesday, and it was fairly busy.  Even busier Thursday, Friday and Saturday.  Still mostly expat, but a fair number of younger punters around.  A few Koreans, mostly westerners.  Billabong (mentioned above) was probably 40% capacity on Wednesday, up to 80% by Friday.  Most bars remain open well past closing, and it is possible to find places to go at 3am.

I mostly enjoy the open front hostess bars, but visited every open gogo on LKM.  Kink upstairs is what it is, the rest were hit and miss.  They did their best trade on Friday/Saturday, but the open bars generally did good custom every night.  There's almost no daytime trade, though a few places open early.

Now the important part.  Girl count is probably 7:1 in favor of the punter.  Not just past their sell by date either, plenty of fit 20 somethings around.  Though a few of the gogos do slip in the occasional beached whale or granny who should be forbidden by law from wearing bikinis.

I party pretty hard in Pattaya, and always had several lovelies happy to join me in the places I frequent.

So, personal verdict:

Would I go again?  Yes, I'm planning my next visit now.

Would I go through the expense and 30+ hour travel from Texas for what's happening now?  I'm not sure.  Fortunately that's not a decision I have to make.

Would I pay the lower fare and do the 12+ hour travel from Europe?  Yes, I think so.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

On 5/30/2022 at 11:51 PM, Horizondave said:

I have read that 5000 baht a month will see your bar being allowed to open to the early hours without hindrance from the local uniforms. Of course it may be a visit from non local uniforms that clamp you down.

Must've missed the Tea Money visit...

Capture.JPG