COVID 19 Related to THAILAND Posts

6 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

Is it advisable to wear a face mask when arriving at Bangkok International where thousands of Chinese are arriving  >

I'm hoping the airport's a lot quieter as I believe all group tours from China have been cancelled.

5 hours ago, Rompho Ray said:

I always thought those things were intended to keep germs IN rather than OUT.  Either way, I doubt they're suitable for use over long periods.  They need to be put on properly and have to make a good seal to keep germs from passing the barrier in either direction.  So, no beards, for example.

Great if those who are sick are wearing them, but there are other vectors for infection besides inhaling the virus. Prime one being touching your eye. That's why frequent hand washing is recommended.

6 hours ago, Rompho Ray said:

I always thought those things were intended to keep germs IN rather than OUT.  Either way, I doubt they're suitable for use over long periods.  They need to be put on properly and have to make a good seal to keep germs from passing the barrier in either direction.  So, no beards, for example.

You better lose a chin too to be on the safe side 😆

Australian lab first outside of China to copy coronavirus, helping vaccine push

In a major breakthrough in the global fight against coronavirus, scientists
in Australia have developed a lab-grown version of the disease.

Described as a "game changer" that will help scientists determine whether
a future vaccine is effective, experts at Melbourne's Peter Doherty Institute for
Infection and Immunity on Tuesday became the world's first scientific lab
outside of China to copy the virus.

They will now share it with the World Health Organisation (WHO) in Europe,
which will in turn share it with labs worldwide — including one from
Queensland — involved in the worldwide race to develop a vaccine.

The team of scientists grew the virus from a patient who had been infected
since Friday.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-01-29/wuhan-coronavirus-created-in-australian-lab-outside-of-china/11906390

• Like 1
  • Great Info 3

14 Cases as of yesterday so probably more by now.Me & the missus were supposed to be coming in a couple of weeks but have put it on hold.My mate who I joined the RAF with nearly 50 years ago & his Chinese wife who we were supposed to meet there are in lockdown in China.Because of my 90yo mother we were leaving it until the last minute to buy tickets,now that looks like a blessing in disguise.

The biometrics at Swampy Immigration where you have to press your fingers onto, one after the other. 

I went straight and washed my hands straight after, got Sa to do as well. 

Certainly potential for the virus, indeed any virus, to get passed on and caught from those. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Krapow said:

The biometrics at Swampy Immigration where you have to press your fingers onto, one after the other. 

I went straight and washed my hands straight after, got Sa to do as well. 

Certainly potential for the virus, indeed any virus, to get passed on and caught from those. 

Just dont put your finger in your mouth afterwards....😄😄

But honestly, can't see it being more dirty than drinking beer from the bottle or the can....

All this is a bit hyped up IMO.

Aids, Sars, mad cow, mad chicken, mad pig, Ebola were all presented by the media and the "experts" as Armagedon for humanity....  the world is still spinning !

The risk is much higher when crossing 2nd Road ....

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

39 minutes ago, fygjam said:

Thanks for that link. I thought this was useful info:

Professor Paul Kelly told reporters that the coronavirus was being spread by “droplets” and it was not an airborne disease like measles.

These droplets are spread when people cough or sneeze but they rapidly die once they hit a surface. They can’t be transmitted over long distances.

He said people would be unlikely to contract the virus via casual contact.

“We are talking about close contact over a period of time,” he said.

8 hours ago, Thai Spice said:

Just dont put your finger in your mouth afterwards....😄😄

But honestly, can't see it being more dirty than drinking beer from the bottle or the can....

All this is a bit hyped up IMO.

Aids, Sars, mad cow, mad chicken, mad pig, Ebola were all presented by the media and the "experts" as Armagedon for humanity....  the world is still spinning !

The risk is much higher when crossing 2nd Road ....

I agree it's so far, been hyped up. 

But in regards viruses, everything from the common cold up, loads are caught from your hands, what they touch, then touch your face, nose, food etc etc.

Maybe through my job and working sometimes in hospitals I'm more aware of it. 

5 hours ago, Bazle said:

Does anyone know where these 14 cases have occurred, please? 

5 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

My guess he was referring to Thailand. Found this site with a real time map of reported infections.

https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

Yes, I took it to be Thailand: my question was WHERE in Thailand?

Your link seems to be attributing cases to the capital cities of countries outside of China (e.g. Paris, Berlin, Bangkok), so it doesn't tell me where in Thailand those 14 cases are.