Gretaburger

coxyhog

15 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Been reading there's a load of kids having to get medical intervention, counselling and whatnot, due to Greta screaming we're all going to die to 20 years or similar!

The hysteria is mindboggling, laughable if the consequences of the hysteria wern't so serious

Edited by Ivan the terrible
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ivan the terrible said:

The hysteria is mindboggling, laughable if the consequences of the hysteria wernt so serious

Problem is some people taking this so seriously....

Ok, there are problems. Thats clear, but dramatizing them is not gonna bring the solution !

Sadly it seems the same reasoning goes for many things in our days.

Dramatize, mediatize, create fear, create hatred, create division, shout, jump up and down on your feet in front of cameras...

Mindboggling is that adult people even listen to this !

But as B.Trink would say "I dont give a hoot" 

Warm water and clear skies at the swimming pool ! 

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Been reading there's a load of kids having to get medical intervention, counselling and whatnot, due to Greta screaming we're all going to die to 20 years or similar!

When I was a kid every other advert seemed like it was designed to scare you  ... drowning in ponds , suffocating in old fridges, getting electrocuted by overhead power lines whilst fishing or flying a kite , strangers offering sweets , rabies and huge needles ...the list goes on .. surprised we didn't need counselling 😉 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

When I was a kid every other advert seemed like it was designed to scare you  ... drowning in ponds , suffocating in old fridges, getting electrocuted by overhead power lines whilst fishing or flying a kite , strangers offering sweets , rabies and huge needles ...the list goes on .. surprised we didn't need counselling 😉 

We did....but in the pub ! Much more jovial IMO ....

OK, some of us pushed it a bit and hence a lot of people of our generation drank / drink too much.  But more important, we survived it all while having good fun !

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

difference is that they in most part were genuine risks..as opposed to ....

• Like 1

There was an article in New Scientist a week or two ago about various schemes being mooted to increase the ice cover in the Arctic. Cost estimates mentioned started at around $500 billion, and like HS2 you just know that will double or quadruple (or probably worse) as things progress. And that's if the schemes are actually technically realistic (one was constructing 10 million windmills Across the Arctic to suck seawater up and pour it over existing ice so that it thickens it). All such projects are going to have huge price tags which no country can afford, and it's pretty clear at the national level that leaders are happy to jaw-jaw about the problem, but much less happy to open their cheque books. So my guess is that we'd better get ready to adapt to whatever happens, because it seems unlikely that we'll be able to do much to mitigate it, and some of the geoengineering schemes sound to me like they have the potential to make things worse if they go wrong.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Krapow said:

Been reading there's a load of kids haviNever heardng to get medical intervention, counselling and whatnot, due to Greta screaming we're all going to die to 20 years or similar!

Snowflake society. 

Never heard of so many people needing counselling like you do these days. Bunch of fucking wimps. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Krapow said:

Some of us will definitely die within 20 years, I'm sure I will