Angeles City The good old days in Photos

Yesitisdakid

1 minute ago, Yesitisdakid said:

I doubt you will have issues but the IMM can be power happy and that could happen but I doubt it should be fine

Well it doesn’t change anything, but on Trip Advisor I found out Canada has pre-clearance, so if I’m rejected....I wouldn’t make it out of Calgary, the decision is made there, not LAX.  It turns out the USA has no “sterile” zones for connecting passengers, even someone in transit must be treated as if they are leaving the airport and staying in the country. I have many options, one is to see my Dad in Montreal, go to NY for a day and book last minute from JFK. The big US cities have so much more choice, even in Biz class last minute, it’s unreal, the reason I posted the thread. EVA was my best choice, they have a 15 hour flight Toronto-Taipei, then BKK, low fees.....but those have been all snapped up. I’ll figure it out

• 3 months later...
On ‎6‎/‎8‎/‎2020 at 7:53 PM, Butch said:

Not wanting to go off topic too much, but here's a sad reminder of times gone by on Del Pilar.

DSCN0906 (Medium).JPG

when was that taken? seen some sad things on the street in both Ermita and Angeles.

back in the early 80s seen a couple of cops given this young boy 6 or 10 yrs old a big slap,

called out "that's enough" the cops tell me he is a "pickpocket, and I better mind me own business" both had their hands on the pistols,me and the brother,just did a u turn and went in the first bar we come across,which turned out to be the bar of bars in Ermita, the Legend that was"the Aussie bar",what a bar,70 to 80 BGs, most nights most BF before 9pm

home to the bar Queen of Ermita Rhona.those days will never be repeated. 

regards

grayray

I took that pic in 2017. It was a small "sari sari" store.

I tend to avoid the p4p areas in the Philippines, for me it just really isn't worth the hassle of getting across town to EDSA or Mabini / Burgos, the traffic does my head in and if I want to get to say, Burgos for 6pm, I have to leave the house at around 2:30 on a weekday or even earlier at a weekend. MOA is 45 min away, and EDSA literally down the road from MOA, but again Thai GGB's are much better than anything that Manila has to offer. I reckon, Pitstop is the only half decent GGB in EDSA.

A little further on from MOA is Del Pilar and the Manila bay cafe (renamed from the LA cafe but exactly the same in all but name only), even then it is smoky, dirty and pretty crap. Del Pilar has a few bars around the area and the old Amazonia was still there in 17, again a bit of a dump. Worth avoiding really.

where we live there are a few local bars with some girls working in them,  I often walk the dogs past them in the evening and have a gawp inside, but they won't let me in with the dogs lol, so I usually grab a take away Red Horse to drink as I walk home, and return the bottle the next day!.

12 minutes ago, Butch said:

I took that pic in 2017. It was a small "sari sari" store.

I tend to avoid the p4p areas in the Philippines, for me it just really isn't worth the hassle of getting across town to EDSA or Mabini / Burgos, the traffic does my head in and if I want to get to say, Burgos for 6pm, I have to leave the house at around 2:30 on a weekday or even earlier at a weekend. MOA is 45 min away, and EDSA literally down the road from MOA, but again Thai GGB's are much better than anything that Manila has to offer. I reckon, Pitstop is the only half decent GGB in EDSA.

A little further on from MOA is Del Pilar and the Manila bay cafe (renamed from the LA cafe but exactly the same in all but name only), even then it is smoky, dirty and pretty crap. Del Pilar has a few bars around the area and the old Amazonia was still there in 17, again a bit of a dump. Worth avoiding really.

where we live there are a few local bars with some girls working in them,  I often walk the dogs past them in the evening and have a gawp inside, but they won't let me in with the dogs lol, so I usually grab a take away Red Horse to drink as I walk home, and return the bottle the next day!.

"red Horse" the drink of champions,first time I drank it was staying with a family down in San Pablo City Laguna and the 13 yr daughter brought a bottle out for breakfast and said to me "uncle, red Horse make you strong",while patting her upper thigh ,her whole family was laughing their heads off.

her grandfather asked me "Raymond you drink all the time but never get drunk,why is that so"

think he was only used to seeing Filipino blokes drink and they look pissed after 4 or 5 drinks.

I told him "Pappa many years of practice and I come from a long line of drinkers" he just nodded his head and that was the end of it.

he would have caused my head to nod if he had seen his 19yrs old granddaughter climbing into my bed that night.she was a Manila uni strudent had some very romantic day and nights back in Manila with her,

romantic bullshit, just some pure sex sessions,no holding hands or shit like that,except when she took the few hundred Pesos I would give her after each session :default_blum:

fluck I can remember that and not where I left my car keys.

regards

grayray

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

55 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

Red Horse was the drink of 'Hookers' back when I was living there. Couldn't stand the stuff, gave me terrible headaches. The size of the bottle suited the girls, I was just happy for a San Miguel stubby or a Superdry.

I like the RH and it's usually my drink of choice after SML.

Not keen on the original SM stubbies.

Edited by boydeste

1 hour ago, boydeste said:

Last December when I landed in Manila the hotel car picking me up was advised to have a few SM Pale Pilsens on ice for me. 

Having had a Red Horse since 1987.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

Last December when I landed in Manila the hotel car picking me up was advised to have a few SM Pale Pilsens on ice for me. 

Having had a Red Horse since 1987.

That's a nice welcome after a tough few hours flying me thinks!

52 minutes ago, boydeste said:

That's a nice welcome after a tough few hours flying me thinks!

Just requested it when I booked the hotel pick up, reception at the Pacific Breeze have always looked after me when I stay there.  I only got through 4 beers before I fell asleep just before arrival into Angeles.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, boydeste said:

quality of pale ale was not always at it's best,never drank from the bottle without first wiping the top with a tissue.

got one in Firehouse one night,lifted it up and the smell of the beer was bad,so I gave it back to the girl,she just rattle around in the bin till she got top and slamed it back on and put the beer back in the fridge,think that was the last beer I had in the place. this was back in the golden age of Ermita early 80s.

fluck Mayor Lim he really stuffed a good thing.

regards

grayray

Edited by grayray
  • Like 2