COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

3 hours ago, Kathmandu said:

I know of a 10 year old, my buddy's Granddaughter that had it and yeah her symptoms were pretty mild. Tired, lethargy etc. Not always the case though, some kids do die. We know so little about this disease, that it's hard to make any sweeping generalizations one way or the other. 

Overall, the data suggested that children are less likely to develop coronavirus symptoms than adults. Of all reported cases in the US, only 1.7 percent were children, even though they make up 22 percent of the population.

Among the children for whom complete information was available, only 73 percent developed fever, cough, or shortness of breath. That's compared to 93 percent of adults reported in the same time frame, between the ages of 18 and 64 years.
That supports previous research from the Chinese CDC, which found that most infected children had mild or asymptomatic cases.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sciencealert.com/here-s-the-biggest-study-on-kids-and-covid-19-published-to-date/amp

I'm not making 'sweeping generalisations'. Only scientifically verifiable facts. The vast majority of kids do not get Covid, when they do it is a very mild illness. Do kids of covid? Yes. But only in very rare cases, just like kids die of HIV etc but we don't close the schools and keep them at home for months. Keep sick and children vulnerable kids at home, let the healthy children get on with their education. 

2 hours ago, roomark said:

Can tell you don't have kids try telling an 8 year old to keep his distance from his mates absolutely no chance or even a kid in high school not a sniff.

Then they go pass it on to everyone else in the family.

Kids are the biggest carriers of any virus FACT.

Not a cat in hells I'd be sending mine till it's well sorted .

If you read my post properly you will see that I meant keep them away from adults. Read my above post. The largest study of Covid-19 in children found that the vast, vast majority of kids do not contract Covid19, when they do it is a very mild illness in the majority of cases. That is a FACT. A scientifically verifiable FACT.

The problem is not Google professors, it is fanny wetting hysterical maniacs who have been whipped into a frenzy and terrified an entire population into believing they are going to die from a virus that is most likely no more lethal than the flu.

Edited by dcfc2007

9 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

He's done a great job.

Sadly a significant percentage of that 30 million will be spent on NHS bureaucracy. 

Diversity officers, environmental sustainability officers, procurement managers.

Don't dare criticise the golden cow that is the NHS. If you criticise the NHS it means you hate doctors and nurses and want to kill old people...

🙄

Of course I do.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Well now they are talking about planes only be loaded to no more than 20% factor for years to come so airfares will sky rocket. Well I am hoping this info (across media/TV etc) is basically fake because I am beginning to think the world is going mad. 

Not just planes. Restaurants, football stadiums, pubs, clubs, boats, trains, buses, shops, churches, schools.

Patel said today the 2 metre rule was permanent.

The government's are going mad. Maybe.

Edited by farangme
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Thai Spice said:

Well, took you some time to realize that ......

Hahahaha, dont take offense mate. The world is walking on its head with this...

All planned to make cashless societies, bust economies, new laws, microchip people, cull old and sick. Using a virus to fulfil their plans.

55 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

If you read my post properly you will see that I meant keep them away from adults. Read my above post. The largest study of Covid-19 in children found that the vast, vast majority of kids do not contract Covid19, when they do it is a very mild illness in the majority of cases. That is a FACT. A scientifically verifiable FACT.

The problem is not Google professors, it is fanny wetting hysterical maniacs who have been whipped into a frenzy and terrified an entire population into believing they are going to die from a virus that is most likely no more lethal than the flu.

Oops. The scientifically verifiable fact has just been amended, apparently it failed verification!

Children 'do transmit COVID-19' to adults, says researcher whose report was 'misunderstood' as evidence that kids cannot spread coronavirus

• Some news outlets reported that children cannot transmit COVID-19, based on a recently published review of 78 previous COVID-19 studies.
  • One of the researchers issued a statement clarifying that children “almost certainly do transmit COVID-19.”
  • The World Health Organisation has also cautioned against claims that children cannot transmit COVID-19, reminding the public that there is a lot scientists still don’t know about the disease.

On Thursday, the picture was further muddied by coverage of a large review of
78 available studies conducted by the UK Royal College of Paediatrics, which
said: “The role of children in transmission is unclear, but it seems likely they do
not play a significant role.”

The first articles to cover the review said there was no evidence to date that any
children had passed the virus on to adults.

But one of the researchers that authored the review in question, Alasdair
Munro, insists their findings were misunderstood, and that children can indeed
pass the virus to adults.

“Children almost certainly DO transmit COVID-19,” Munro, a clinical research
fellow in pediatric infectious diseases at University Hospital Southampton, said
on Twitter on Thursday, adding: “Growing evidence suggests children are less
susceptible to infection, have milder infection, and are infrequently responsible
for household transmission.”

The Royal College of Pediatrics also corrected the record,tweeting that “a
number of media reports, citing RCPCH, have incorrectly suggested that
children cannot transmit COVID-19. This is not the the RCPCH position, nor is
it based on evidence.”

However, German virologist Christian Drosten, director of the Institute of
Virology at Berlin’s Charite hospital, urged policymakers to exercise caution
when looking at studies examining the effects of COVID-19 on children.
He pointed out that the findings of a Dutch study, which was used as evidence
that children do not play a big role in spreading COVID-19, were not statistically
significant.

According to his own research, Drosten said, children can carry as high levels of
the coronavirus as adults
. He and his colleagues warned “against an unlimited
reopening of schools and kindergartens in the present situation.”

In an April 29 press conference, World Health Organisation technical lead
Maria van Kerkhove doubled down on warnings against seeing children as
immune, or unable to pass on the virus.

“There’s no reason to think that children are less susceptible to infection if
they’re exposed, and that they can’t transmit,” she said. “We’re really not seeing
this in the epidemiology.”

7 minutes ago, fygjam said:

Oops. The scientifically verifiable fact has just been amended, apparently it failed verification!

Children 'do transmit COVID-19' to adults, says researcher whose report was 'misunderstood' as evidence that kids cannot spread coronavirus

• Some news outlets reported that children cannot transmit COVID-19, based on a recently published review of 78 previous COVID-19 studies.
  • One of the researchers issued a statement clarifying that children “almost certainly do transmit COVID-19.”
  • The World Health Organisation has also cautioned against claims that children cannot transmit COVID-19, reminding the public that there is a lot scientists still don’t know about the disease.

On Thursday, the picture was further muddied by coverage of a large review of
78 available studies conducted by the UK Royal College of Paediatrics, which
said: “The role of children in transmission is unclear, but it seems likely they do
not play a significant role.”

The first articles to cover the review said there was no evidence to date that any
children had passed the virus on to adults.

But one of the researchers that authored the review in question, Alasdair
Munro, insists their findings were misunderstood, and that children can indeed
pass the virus to adults.

“Children almost certainly DO transmit COVID-19,” Munro, a clinical research
fellow in pediatric infectious diseases at University Hospital Southampton, said
on Twitter on Thursday, adding: “Growing evidence suggests children are less
susceptible to infection, have milder infection, and are infrequently responsible
for household transmission.”

The Royal College of Pediatrics also corrected the record,tweeting that “a
number of media reports, citing RCPCH, have incorrectly suggested that
children cannot transmit COVID-19. This is not the the RCPCH position, nor is
it based on evidence.”

However, German virologist Christian Drosten, director of the Institute of
Virology at Berlin’s Charite hospital, urged policymakers to exercise caution
when looking at studies examining the effects of COVID-19 on children.
He pointed out that the findings of a Dutch study, which was used as evidence
that children do not play a big role in spreading COVID-19, were not statistically
significant.

According to his own research, Drosten said, children can carry as high levels of
the coronavirus as adults
. He and his colleagues warned “against an unlimited
reopening of schools and kindergartens in the present situation.”

In an April 29 press conference, World Health Organisation technical lead
Maria van Kerkhove doubled down on warnings against seeing children as
immune, or unable to pass on the virus.

“There’s no reason to think that children are less susceptible to infection if
they’re exposed, and that they can’t transmit,” she said. “We’re really not seeing
this in the epidemiology.”

At no point did I say that kids can not contract Covid or transmit it, nice try though! What I said was that the vast majority of kids do not catch covid and when they do it is a very mild infection. Nothing you have posted rebuts what I said.

A study by the Royal College of Paediatricians and Child Health and supported by the World Health Organisation amongst other research parties, have found there has not been a single case of a child under ten passing on the illness.

It found evidence that “consistently demonstrates reduced infection and infectivity of children in the transmission chain”.

Dr Alasdair Munro who led the research, said: "Covid-19 appears to affect children less often, and with less severity, including frequent asymptomatic or sub-clinical infection.

"There is evidence of critical illness, but it is rare. The role of children in transmission is unclear, but it seems likely they do not play a significant role."

Supporting the research findings, a British boy who contracted coronavirus did not pass it on despite being in contact with over 170 people.

https://www.lbc.co.uk/hot-topics/coronavirus/can-children-spread-pass-on-covid-19/

Woman falls from cliff while posing for photo to celebrate end of coronavirus lockdown

When Turkey’s strict lockdown rules ended, Olesya Suspitsyna went for a walk to celebrate – but her first venture outside went horribly wrong.

A woman fell 35 meters to her death while posing near the edge of a cliff for a photo to celebrate the end of a coronavirus lockdown.

Olesya Suspitsyna, 31, originally from Kazakhstan, was killed on a at the popular Duden Park in the city of Antalya, Turkey, on Sunday.

It is a spot loved by tourists who describe it as the “perfect place to take selfies”.

It just kills in so many ways!

3 hours ago, grayray said:

in Australia,no kids have died from Wuhan Virus and there is no kids  with the virus known to pass it on to a Adult.

the flu each kills 1000s, kids included BUT NO lockdown anywhere in the world,NO Hotels,clubs,restaurants closed,NO knocking shops closed,NO social distancing.

no masked,cloved population outside in street, yes it is highly contagious,but it is not killing people has much Cancer,HIV,Alcohol,flu or Heart problems.

protect the oldfarts,and let the people out to the beach,parks and walkways.

think some politicians are like the power play they are on.

look how the agecare places in every country are hotspots for the Virus,iam glad iam not yet ready for living in such a place,i feel for BMs who have family in those death traps.

Next Year Jeruslem

regards

grayray

Can you imagine what would happen if we were faced with a really serious outbreak of a deadly infection. 

It doesn't bare thinking about.

23 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

Can you imagine what would happen if we were faced with a really serious outbreak of a deadly infection. 

63,841 Americans have died in the past three months from COVID-19.
Maybe you should ask their families.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, fygjam said:

Woman falls from cliff while posing for photo to celebrate end of coronavirus lockdown

When Turkey’s strict lockdown rules ended, Olesya Suspitsyna went for a walk to celebrate – but her first venture outside went horribly wrong.

A woman fell 35 meters to her death while posing near the edge of a cliff for a photo to celebrate the end of a coronavirus lockdown.

Olesya Suspitsyna, 31, originally from Kazakhstan, was killed on a at the popular Duden Park in the city of Antalya, Turkey, on Sunday.

It is a spot loved by tourists who describe it as the “perfect place to take selfies”.

It just kills in so many ways!

Sure she'll be counted as a Corona virus victim....

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

Or with a Chernobyl 2 ?

And the whole thing will probably have given ideas to potential terrorists.

Showing and making public ones weaknesses is never a good idea.

21 minutes ago, lazarus said:

63,841 Americans have died in the past three months from COVID-19.
Maybe you should ask their families.

More than 80,000 Americans died of the flu in the winter of 2017-2018, the highest number in over a decade, federal health officials said last week

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2018/10/01/health/flu-deaths-vaccine.amp.html

Did you ask the families of the 80 thousand Americans who died of the flu in 2017. Nope? Because you were carrying on with your life like the rest of us. Just to add, it's not clear how many people died FROM Covid19 and how many died WITH the virus. Huge distinction to be made.

21 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

More than 80,000 Americans died of the flu in the winter of 2017-2018, the highest number in over a decade, federal health officials said last week

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2018/10/01/health/flu-deaths-vaccine.amp.html

Did you ask the families of the 80 thousand Americans who died of the flu in 2017. Nope? Because you were carrying on with your life like the rest of us. Just to add, it's not clear how many people died FROM Covid19 and how many died WITH the virus. Huge distinction to be made.

How many died FROM the flu and how many died WITH the flu. Huge distinction to be made!

Also, how many of those who died from the flu had the opportunity to get vaccinated against the flu but didn't?

And the answer is

Despite last year’s (2016-2017) dreadful season, overall vaccination coverage remained flat; as in previous years, less than half of the U.S. population was vaccinated.

Edited by fygjam

21 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

Yep...and all 80,000 of 'em were not happy.

40 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

Maybe a spot of lily gilding...

CDC Estimate: 45 Million Flu Cases, 61,000 Flu-Associated Deaths in 2017-2018 U.S. Flu Season

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/index.html

In which case Covid-19 is the clear winner with 63,856 deaths to date (Worldometer) and still clocking over 2,000 deaths per day.

Edited by fygjam

2 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

in any number of countries the Wuhan Virus is "a really serious outbreak" here in Australia we have not had the cases or deaths ,like in USA,UK,Italy,France orBelgium.

we still have winter to come,we have 7200+ ventilators with 22 in use,we have had a pretty good March/April has far as very good,and at times hot weather,could that have helped to keep the number of cases down?

2 things have had a big bearing on the the number of deaths,[93] in OZ

1  cruise ship 27+ and 2. a agecare place 13 sofar,

the cruise ship has spread the virus around 3 states,NSW,TAS and SA.

I have been super careful if I leave the house,masked up and gloves on,some reports say masked mean nothing but I will use them till me doctors say not to.

regards

grayray

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Well, the mask wearing mania has reached my little seaside village...

And the "religious" or "traditionnal" local police out in force, watching at every intersection...😡😡😡

Stupidities of the day :

- The resort boss being stopped in her car for not wearing a mask IN HER CAR ...FFS...😂😂😂😂 She wasn't happy . And before you ask, she is a 50y old local..

- A small restaurant with a sign "no mask, no entry"...Now FFS, how do you eat with a mask ?

The little faith I still had in human intelligence is fading fast......

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, fygjam said:

It took me exactly 33 minutes (give or take a few) to get through that post.

I'm convinced

That's 33 minutes you'll never get back.  And that in a nutshell is what's wrong with most conspiracy theories and "alternate explanations:"  They are a waste of time.

This a good book on the topic, one that I thoroughly recommend:

220px-Why_People_Believe_Weird_Things,_first_edition.jpg

Evil

coronasmaller.jpg

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I have to admit that I can’t see any government propping up an airline which is a massive polluter of carbon omissions.

Especially when their target is for carbon neutral country in 2050.

However, I am still more on the optimistic and positive side of things when it comes to the tourism returning argument. I think it may be quicker than people are predicting. Either way, the bar will try to survive because I have a strong ex-pat clientele.
Lets see.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 4