COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

1 hour ago, Ivan the terrible said:

all you have to do do is look at extra deaths at  this time  year now compared to the long term average...you  can then  see that you are barking

"In 8 weeks, half of which was under the most severe isolation measures USA has ever seen, coronavirus has already killed as many people as the worst flu season ever. Imagine what it might do, if there were no efforts to slow it down?"

Yep, Morons.

Some positive news (maybe)...

"The US Food and Drug Administration on Friday authorized remdesivir, an experimental antiviral drug, for emergency use to treat Covid-19.

The authorization allows the intravenous drug to be distributed to doctors to administer to patients with severe disease, namely patients with low blood oxygen or those needing breathing assistance with a mechanical ventilator.

Many health experts have had high hopes for the drug, which was initially developed by Gilead Sciences to treat Ebola, and it has since been used in experiments to treat the coronaviruses SARS and MERS. That early testing gave remdesivir a head start in the race for a treatment to Covid-19.

But despite the release of some early study results this week, it’s still not clear how effective the drug is at fighting the virus, and more research is needed before it can be used as the default treatment..."

https://www.vox.com/2020/5/1/21243012/remdesivir-coronavirus-covid-19-fda-drug-gilead

9 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

Most of the nightingale hospitals have been completely empty since they were opened.

I have read on MSN UK news that the reason the beds are empty is that there are no spare nurses available to man them.

11 hours ago, fygjam said:

Some new research, not yet reviewed, suggests that spit is better than snot for PCR testing.

https://www.genengnews.com/news/sars-cov-2-detection-in-saliva-samples-is-sensitive-and-consistent/

PS. If you can get through it (annoying presenter), a possible reason for the hypercoagulability. If the ARDS don't get ya the hypercoagulability might.

i like this blokes videos too

10 hours ago, fygjam said:

Pneumonia or blood clots (and the strokes and heart attacks caused by them) are pretty easy to identify at autopsy.

Deaths in hospitals where I belong don't require an autopsy, just a doctor's signature.  I doubt whether thousands of extra autopsies are being performed, and the docs are signing off what they've been told to.  I don't think anyone on either side of the argument really doubts the numbers have been artificially inflated for whatever reasons.

5 hours ago, grayray said:

. . . . still can not get my head around UK allowing China to build their 5G network,Australia gave them short shift real quick.

UK is not allowing China (read Huawei) to build their 5G network.

58 minutes ago, lazarus said:

"The US Food and Drug Administration on Friday authorized remdesivir, an experimental antiviral drug, for emergency use to treat Covid-19.

It's not that long since Chloroquine or whatever it's called was being hailed as the saviour, including on some of the "expert" videos posted here, but that's died away.  I'd be wary of any drug until proof is available.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KWA said:

Deaths in hospitals where I belong don't require an autopsy, just a doctor's signature.  I doubt whether thousands of extra autopsies are being performed, and the docs are signing off what they've been told to.  I don't think anyone on either side of the argument really doubts the numbers have been artificially inflated for whatever reasons.

UK is not allowing China (read Huawei) to build their 5G network.

It's not that long since Chloroquine or whatever it's called was being hailed as the saviour, including on some of the "expert" videos posted here, but that's died away.  I'd be wary of any drug until proof is available.

i seriously doubt that assertion

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ivan the terrible said:

i seriously doubt that assertion

Why?  It's been admitted freely by a number of nations that deaths with coronavirus have been recorded as deaths from coronavirus.  That is artificial manipulation of the numbers no matter which way you look at it.

30 minutes ago, KWA said:

Why?  It's been admitted freely by a number of nations that deaths with coronavirus have been recorded as deaths from coronavirus.  That is artificial manipulation of the numbers no matter which way you look at it.

Are deaths with a gun shot wound to the head the same as death from a gun shot wound to the head?

6 hours ago, grayray said:

don't know about "knowledge"but there is a couple of cut and paste merchants,

they must search the net for copy that agrees with their thoughts and download it to the forum.

especially the "climate hoaxers" :default_deadhorse:

regards

grayray

5 hours ago, grayray said:

EP.

in Australia no one under 55 has died,with the meridian?age for catching the Wuhan Virus is 44 and the meridian? age for deaths is 74.

regards

grayray

Perhaps you could search the net for the difference between meridian and median. But then you might acquire knowledge so better to leave it alone.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, fygjam said:

Are deaths with a gun shot wound to the head the same as death from a gun shot wound to the head?

Strange question.

If you're asked for how many deaths have been caused by gunshot wounds to the head, you don't add in numbers for gunshot wounds elsewhere to make the figures suit your POV, yet we all know governments are doing similar with corona virus.  I don't think we really know why at the moment.

43 minutes ago, KWA said:

...It's not that long since Chloroquine or whatever it's called was being hailed as the saviour, including on some of the "expert" videos posted here, but that's died away.  I'd be wary of any drug until proof is available.

I believe D.Trump and a few quack doctors thought this...about Chloroquine. Most others did not.

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/04/former-fda-leaders-decry-emergency-authorization-malaria-drugs-coronavirus

Remdesivir was already in the research pipeline for other "corona" viruses.

https://www.fda.gov/media/137564/download

Still, it's a crap shoot -- these drugs are mainly for "last resort" treatment of critically ill patients.

4 minutes ago, KWA said:

Strange question.

If you're asked for how many deaths have been caused by gunshot wounds to the head, you don't add in numbers for gunshot wounds elsewhere to make the figures suit your POV, yet we all know governments are doing similar with corona virus.  I don't think we really know why at the moment.

Do we?

Provide evidence please.

3 minutes ago, lazarus said:

I believe D.Trump and a few quack doctors thought this...about Chloroquine. Most others did not.

Some of these same doctors were being proclaimed on here as experts IIRC.  The thing is, everyone is an expert at talking/writing about it (or googling it for some) when the real experts probably have their heads down and are actually doing something about it.

4 minutes ago, fygjam said:

Do we?

Provide evidence please.

Unless your head is in the sand you will have seen reports.

You obviously know how to use google so carry on.  You'll no doubt find cases where it's the other way round, and death from corona virus has been reported as pneumonia or whatever, but denying the opposite is not credible.

1 hour ago, KWA said:

Agreed.

It would be interesting to have a weekly flu death doll and compared it to previous years. I am sure numbers that would have been catgorized flu or pneumonia are now tossed in the Covid 19 column.

14 minutes ago, lazarus said:

Still, it's a crap shoot -- these drugs are mainly for "last resort" treatment of critically ill patients.

Wrong, they can only help at an early stage, way before the breathing problems arise. 

Google Professeur Raoult.....

He is doing since the start a Chloroquine treatment on patient. With some results, but statistically very controversial considering the "patient pool" selection.

59 minutes ago, KWA said:

if anything the deaths from covid are underestimated many fold  in the most populous parts of the world,brazil,mexico,africa.india and indeed china

• Like 2

Just now, Ivan the terrible said:

if anything the deaths from covid are underestimated many fold  in the most populous parts of the world,brazil,mexico,africa.india and indeed china

I think you're right, but that doesn't make the opposite incorrect in other countries with better infrastructure or policies for reporting such issues.

Just now, KWA said:

I think you're right, but that doesn't make the opposite incorrect in other countries with better infrastructure or policies for reporting such issues.

even if is occuring say in Oz,UK Germany ,USA etc which i seriously doubt, it is completely dwarved by the unreported covid deaths

dont shoot the messenger

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/11528342/coronavirus-ravaged-brazil-worlds-highest-infection-rate-rips-slums-mass-graves/

5 minutes ago, Ivan the terrible said:

Under reported for sure in those countries, but mainly due to poor data collection and lack of proper diagnostic outside of the main hospitals.

In 1st world countries the total death report is something reliable since decades, as it is done by civil administration and not hospital reporting. 

The specific Corona death counting is much less reliable, and prone to manipulation and errors. 

1 minute ago, Thai Spice said:

Under reported for sure in those countries, but mainly due to poor data collection and lack of proper diagnostic outside of the main hospitals.

In 1st world countries the total death report is something reliable since decades, as it is done by civil administration and not hospital reporting. 

The specific Corona death counting is much less reliable, and prone to manipulation and errors. 

where?

8 minutes ago, Ivan the terrible said:

even if is occuring say in Oz,UK Germany ,USA etc which i seriously doubt, it is completely dwarved by the unreported covid deaths

Yes, agree again, but the quantities unreported in Brazil, Mexico, China etc don't change the numbers being published by the more developed countries.