COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

2 hours ago, farangme said:

Ok, let me make this clear and what I mean.

Covid 19 is real, it's out there. It's another virus to add to the list of infectious viruses that help kill ill and old every year.

The scam is the government, media have terrified the Nation and blew this way out of proportion. 

The Southern general (queen Elizabeth) and Royal are in Glasgow. The nurse I know from the Southern has taken a long holiday.

In my opinion, the government has been ill advised by media and scientists. Scientists who work and take money from the likes of Bill gates.

Banks, global businesses and governments want to reset the economy. And our government are in their pockets.

What's to be gained from doing this.

. New police powers and tracking laws.

. A cashless society.

. Generate a massive pool of manpower because of unemployment.

. Increase in tax, vat.

. Increase pension age.

. Wage and benefit freezes.

. Climate change by reducing travel.

. Increase in mortgage, credit card loans interest rates etc.

Win win for the money movers.

You will be dismissed as a conspiracy nut but these are my thoughts exactly. I find it embarrassing how compliant and obedient we as a society are. Nobody dare question anything because the 'experts' said so.

The main expert that informed the UK Coronavirus response was dismissed this week because he broke his own lockdown going to visit his married polyamorous lover. Go figure!

😂

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

No doubt the lockdown will have saved some lives. But did it save an additional 550k lives, not a mission. The Imperial college London Coronavirus model that informed the UK response has been completely discredited. Even without any lockdown measures it's unlikely covid would have killed anywhere near those numbers of people.

ch.jpg

2 hours ago, farangme said:

Ok, let me make this clear and what I mean.

Covid 19 is real, it's out there. It's another virus to add to the list of infectious viruses that help kill ill and old every year.

The scam is the government, media have terrified the Nation and blew this way out of proportion. 

The Southern general (queen Elizabeth) and Royal are in Glasgow. The nurse I know from the Southern has taken a long holiday.

In my opinion, the government has been ill advised by media and scientists. Scientists who work and take money from the likes of Bill gates.

Banks, global businesses and governments want to reset the economy. And our government are in their pockets.

. A cashless society.

. Increase in tax, vat.

. Increase pension age.

OK thanks for clarifying.

I think there is a big difference between:

a) Benefiting from deliberating trying to screw the economy

b) Being relatively unharmed by the economy being screwed

I wouldn't disagree agree with you on many of the likely  outcomes of this, but at the start of this crisis the world economy was booming.

No government, global business or banks (and they are hardly the most financial sound, a few could go under once corporates  start to default), would want this. A Conservative government choosing to implement policies that would damage business?  Massive majority, economy going well, why would they knowingly f**k it up?

You may be shown to be right down the line, that the Government has been poorly advised. But the scientists haven't done cause Billy's bought them a new lab, nor has the Tory Government chosen to believe them, cause they wanted to grind the poor even further down.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

No hindsight about it mate. I have been saying from the beginning that the response was well over-blown, I wasn't alone.

Yeah...but you still could be...

Don’t let COVID-19 patients die alone 
https://www.irishcentral.com/opinion/niallodowd/covid19-patients-die-alone

Edited by lazarus
lucky to come back...not everyone gets the chance!

10 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

Ahhhhh the media sensationalising the extremely rare cases of young people dying of Covid19. It's amazing how well this tactic has worked.

Maybe you ought to pick one out just in case...

mini-ht_trump_tombstone_park_jc_160328_4x3t_992.jpg

Edited by lazarus
the grim reaper does not care if you are right or wrong...

5 minutes ago, lazarus said:

Maybe you ought to pick one out just in case...

mini-ht_trump_tombstone_park_jc_160328_4x3t_992.jpg

I will be grand, you on the otherhand, well it tends to pick off lefty liberal fags and their pathetic tranny immune systems. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

I will be grand, you on the otherhand, well it tends to pick off lefty liberal fags and their pathetic tranny immune systems. 

Ahhh,...
now yer feeling nervous about your manhood & projecting it on others. Must be tough to be that scared?

Take this to heart...
Wear a mask for COVID-10 & have your mate wear a glove when you're bending over for him/her...you'll live longer.
...& prosper.

&...don't forget to vote! 555...

200423-dawid-mycek-jakub-kwiecinski-ew-230p_255a16cd9b47fd2a730623a2367bc8d9.jpg

Edited by lazarus
special masks for dcfc2007 & his "friend"
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, farangme said:

. A cashless society.

. Increase in tax, vat.

. Increase pension age.

Agreed with the the bold part.  Anybody who doubt about what governments or financial instances are able to do should watch this.

A few recent cases where government  used / increased / created a crisis to push through severe political / economic reforms.

it's long and a bit boring, but eye opening :

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dcfc2007 said:

No hindsight about it mate. I have been saying from the beginning that the response was well over-blown, I wasn't alone.

That is what Trump said and now look how many cases of Covid 19 there are now. I would rather rely on science than people with no knowledge whatsoever and engrossed in conspiracy theories and blatant denial.  I wonder how many lives could have been saved during the Spanish flu pandemic had we had the science and technology that we have today.  No government in their right mind would spend the trillions of dollars needed to to deal with C19 unless they viewed it as a very serious threat to their people. 

I am borderline high risk group and in almost total isolation. That is my choice. But if irresponsible individuals who only care for themselves want to help spread the virus by denying its severity then the longer we will ALL be in the shit and many will struggle, lose their livelihoods, even their lives not mention the economic impact. The longer it goes on the more into recession we will go. 

It is the responsibility of governments to help and advise the nation. But its a greater responsibility for the people to work together. 

In the UK we are fortunate that many businesses have received grants and employees being able to get 80% of their salary. 

In many other countries, people are starving. Even Pattaya has had queues over 1km long for free food parcels. 

Total easing of restrictions has not be fully tested anywhere and there are No guarantees that there will not be a second wave of the pandemic 

• Like 5

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/fever-fatigue-fear-some-recovering-covid-19-patients-weeks-illness-n1197806?icid=related

Fever, fatigue, fear: For some recovering COVID-19 patients, weeks of illness, uncertainty
"I think I'm in the clear, but I'm not sure," said a patient with a persistent fever. "It feels never-ending. I am at a loss."

May 4, 2020, 10:27 PM BST
By Erika Edwards

Kate Porter has had a fever nearly every day for 50 days. She can't shake the extreme exhaustion that hit when she became infected with the coronavirus nearly two months ago.

The longevity of her symptoms are unlike anything she's ever experienced. "I know it sounds crazy," Porter said, "but is this permanent?"

Since her diagnosis, Porter, 35, has been in her Beverly, Massachusetts, home with her 12-year-old daughter, Adria, who also had symptoms of COVID-19.

Neither has underlying health conditions that would suggest a complicated or drawn-out recovery from the virus, and neither has had to be hospitalized.

According to data collected by Johns Hopkins, more than 180,000 people in the U.S. have recovered from COVID-19. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention considers a person recovered if three days have passed since a fever broke without the assistance of medication, and respiratory symptoms, such as cough or shortness of breath, have improved. Negative tests can also signal recovery, but tests can be inaccurate.

After an initial positive COVID-19 test, Porter has since tested negative for the virus, yet symptoms persist.

It happens repeatedly, Porter said. "It's like a mind game."

Andrew Dumont, 32, of Seattle, has also tested negative for the virus after a previous positive COVID-19 test. Two months since first falling ill, Dumont still suffers from numbness in his limbs and shortness of breath — prompting two visits to the emergency room twice in the past week.

CT scans and lung x-rays showed no additional infections.

"It's really scary, because you're just kind of left at home by yourself essentially trying to treat it," Dumont said.

Intense outpatient management
COVID-19 patients who are not sick enough to be hospitalized have little guidance on how to recover. There is no specific drug or treatment, other than rest, fluids and fever-reducing medicine such as Tylenol.

But because the virus can smolder in the body for days or weeks before potentially worsening, some physicians are increasing their vigilance for those recovering at home, alone.

"We do frequent telephone calls, checking in and telling patients what to watch out for," Dr. Lara Hall, clinical lead for the Cambridge Health Alliance Respiratory Clinic near Boston. "The thing we really worry about is shortness of breath."

Experts say trouble breathing is a sign that COVID-19 may be wreaking havoc in the body, and usually requires an emergency response.

Hall estimates her clinic has seen about 2,400 patients with symptoms of the coronavirus since it opened nearly seven weeks ago. About 70 percent of those patients have tested positive.

Some patients may require more frequent check-ins. "If someone's over 65 and they have diabetes or high blood pressure or heart disease or obesity, chronic lung disease," Hall said, "those are people in a high risk category that we're calling every day."

"We call this intense outpatient management," she said. Some patients may need to be seen again at Hall's clinic, while others may be urged to seek care at an emergency room.

'I dread going to sleep'
Many COVID-19 patients recovering at home recount similar anecdotes of how the virus acts each day and night.

Mornings tend to begin normally, but as the day progresses, viral symptoms creep in "like clockwork," Porter said.

Temperatures begin to rise. Cognition becomes hazy. Porter describes it as a "weird forgetfulness" as she struggles to find words.

"Nighttime is when things start to flare up a bit more, and I just get nervous."

As night falls, fear takes hold. Despite debilitating exhaustion and fatigue, many patients are unable to get a good night's sleep.

"Honestly, I dread going to sleep," Porter said. She frequently wakes up during the night with her whole body shaking, as if she's been exposed to freezing temperatures. After a subsequent fitful rest, she often wakes up with her hair, sheets and clothes drenched in sweat.

The ongoing symptoms make Porter and other patients worry they've developed a secondary infection. However, subsequent COVID-19 tests have been negative, and other diagnostic screenings have been unable to uncover additional problems.

"I think I'm in the clear, but I'm not sure," Porter said, as she continues to log daily fevers. "It feels never-ending. I am at a loss."

Dumont, too, has suffered sleepless nights because of COVID-19.

"My breathing has been so bad that last week there were three nights where I couldn't even lay down," he said. "I stayed awake without any ability to sleep."

Doctors become patients
Even doctors with a keen understanding of how viruses typically act understand recovering patients' concerns.

"As a physician, I know what can happen," Dr. Michael Saag, a renowned infectious disease expert at the University of Alabama at Birmingham, said. Saag was diagnosed with COVID-19 in March and described the illness as a "horror" that included fever, muscle aches, fatigue and difficulty thinking.

"I would sit awake, counting the minutes until morning almost, wondering if my breathing was going to get worse and I'd end up on a ventilator," he said.

Dr. Buddy Creech, an infectious disease expert and director of the Vanderbilt Vaccine Research Program at Vanderbilt University Medical Center in Nashville, expressed similar fears after he, too, was diagnosed with COVID-19.

"I was just kind of watching it happen, documenting my symptoms," Creech said. "It was legitimately terrifying."

Creech's wife and three children were also diagnosed with the illness, with symptoms that varied in degree. None had to be hospitalized, and the five family members stuck it out together at first, resting and staying hydrated.

"We had flu-like illness with chills, muscle aches, headaches, but when I would take Motrin or Tylenol, I would feel great," Creech recalled. "We had an epic game of Monopoly going on."

The family started to recover after about a week. But Creech's apparent recovery did not last.

"One of my colleagues warned me that the second week can go sideways," Creech said. Indeed, on day seven, he developed a more substantial cough and a fever that lasted weeks.

"I felt like I was having this inflammatory response that I simply couldn't control," he said.

Patients like Porter and Dumont, who have had long-term symptoms, understand the value of sharing their stories.

"I was desperate for someone to tell me I'm not crazy," Porter said. "It's scary to go through this for so long when there's so many unknowns about the virus."

Dumont shared his COVID-19 symptoms on Twitter, and said he's since received hundreds of messages on the social media site from other patients with similar stories.

'We fall into the category of not critical and dying, but not asymptomatic," Dumont said.

"That's a very lonely, unclear place to be."

1 minute ago, Nightcrawler said:

That is what Trump said and now look how many cases of Covid 19 there are now. I would rather rely on science than people with no knowledge whatsoever and engrossed in conspiracy theories and blatant denial.  I wonder how many lives could have been saved during the Spanish flu pandemic had we had the science and technology that we have today.  No government in their right mind would spend the trillions of dollars needed to to deal with C19 unless they viewed it as a very serious threat to their people. 

I am borderline high risk group and in almost total isolation. That is my choice. But if irresponsible individuals who only care for themselves want to help spread the virus by denying its severity then the longer we will ALL be in the shit and many will struggle, lose their livelihoods, even their lives not mention the economic impact. The longer it goes on the more into recession we will go. 

It is the responsibility of governments to help and advise the nation. But its a greater responsibility for the people to work together. 

In the UK we are fortunate that many businesses have received grants and employees being able to get 80% of their salary. 

In many other countries, people are starving. Even Pattaya has had queues over 1km long for free food parcels. 

Total easing of restrictions has not be fully tested anywhere and there are No guarantees that there will not be a second wave of the pandemic 

'irresponsible individuals'.

What could be more irresponsible than crashing the economy and destroying the livelihoods of millions.

What could be more irresponsible than delaying vital cancer treatment and other necessary medical treatment.

What could be more irresponsible than whipping up a public frenzy over a virus that is probably no more deadly than the flu.

Nothing but virtue signalling bollocks I'm afraid.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

Britain’s Supreme Court has thrown the country’s deportation policies into chaos by ruling that a foreign criminal cannot be deported to a country with poorer free healthcare than the United Kingdom.

Wow .. what f**king idiots !

LOL.

The UK is a failed state.

1 minute ago, dcfc2007 said:

'irresponsible individuals'.

What could be more irresponsible than crashing the economy and destroying the livelihoods of millions.

What could be more irresponsible than delaying vital cancer treatment and other necessary medical treatment.

What could be more irresponsible than whipping up a public frenzy over a virus that is probably no more deadly than the flu.

Nothing but virtue signalling bollocks I'm afraid.

Answer to all 3 is the irresponsible spreading of the virus leading to death in some cases and placing the economy over human life. Very easy to answer. 

I don't need to virtue signal. I am way to old for that stuff. I am giving an honest opinion. After all, isn't that what forums are about? Sharing opinions? 

I certainly would not waste time articulating a belief or opinion just for the sake of it or to try and impress. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

Answer to all 3 is the irresponsible spreading of the virus leading to death in some cases and placing the economy over human life. Very easy to answer. 

I don't need to virtue signal. I am way to old for that stuff. I am giving an honest opinion. After all, isn't that what forums are about? Sharing opinions? 

I certainly would not waste time articulating a belief or opinion just for the sake of it or to try and impress. 

You do know that when the economy tanks the amount of deaths goes up. Suicide, alcoholism, murder etc etc. You are making the assumption that if the lockdown was lifted people would start spreading the virus intentionally.

Nobody is going to go around coughing in the faces of elderly people, not going to happen. The only people I can see that still support the lockdown are middle class, anti-boris, remainer types. Working class folk want, and need, to get back to work.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

Ahhhhh the media sensationalising the extremely rare cases of young people dying of Covid19. It's amazing how well this tactic has worked.

Like this you mean Brenden... From the BBC and MSM. 

The scam continues...

Covid3.jpg

Covid4.jpg

Edited by farangme
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, farangme said:

Like this you mean Brenden... From the BBC.

Covid3.jpg

Covid4.jpg

Exactly like that.

Not so quick to highlight the following...

Medical professionals recognized early in the global pandemic that children generally appeared to be less susceptible to falling ill from the new bug, with fewer confirmed cases, hospital admissions, serious complications or deaths than their parents or grandparents.

Only 1.7% of nearly 150,000 infections were found in people under 18 years of age, according to a nationwide analysis of U.S. data published this month by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wsj.com/amp/articles/consensus-is-emerging-that-children-are-less-vulnerable-to-coronavirus-11587988688

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

You do know that when the economy tanks the amount of deaths goes up. Suicide, alcoholism, murder etc etc. You are making the assumption that if the lockdown was lifted people would start spreading the virus intentionally.

Nobody is going to go around coughing in the faces of elderly people, not going to happen. The only people I can see that still support the lockdown are middle class, anti-boris, remainer types. Working class folk want, and need, to get back to work.

Of course they rise but not anywhere in the same proportion as the Covid 19 epidemic has spread. 

You say that the "only people You can see" etc... 

I really don't think any of us are qualified to make such a statement as we are not all seeing and all knowing, even if some may think they are. 

Everyone wants to get back to work and back to normality but that has to depend on when it's safe. You can't just categorise people's opinions by their political or social class. 

I am not a Boris fan but I think that he has handled the situation quite well thus far.  Of course mistakes have been made as they have in other countries but we are dealing with the biggest threat to our nation since WW2. 

In terms of cancer treatment, I have recently finished my cancer treatment and I can assure you that the Royal Marsden is still treating cancer patients every day. 

What has to be understood is that treatments such as Chemotherapy Considerably weaken the immune system and leaves them very vulnerable to the virus

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

Of course they rise but not anywhere in the same proportion as the Covid 19 epidemic has spread. 

You say that the "only people You can see" etc... 

I really don't think any of us are qualified to make such a statement as we are not all seeing and all knowing, even if some may think they are. 

Everyone wants to get back to work and back to normality but that has to depend on when it's safe. You can't just categorise people's opinions by their political or social class. 

I am not a Boris fan but I think that he has handled the situation quite well thus far.  Of course mistakes have been made as they have in other countries but we are dealing with the biggest threat to our nation since WW2. 

Biggest threat to our nation? Have you seen England recently?

Boris was put out to graze in case He fluffed His well rehearsed lines. He's an idiot.

Nobody is qualified. Let's believe the Government and covid isn't a high consequence infectious disease. Here it is in black and white.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/high-consequence-infectious-diseases-hcid

As of 19 March 2020, COVID-19 is no longer considered to be a high consequence infectious disease (HCID) in the UK.

The 4 nations public health HCID group made an interim recommendation in January 2020 to classify COVID-19 as an HCID. This was based on consideration of the UK HCID criteria about the virus and the disease with information available during the early stages of the outbreak. Now that more is known about COVID-19, the public health bodies in the UK have reviewed the most up to date information about COVID-19 against the UK HCID criteria. They have determined that several features have now changed; in particular, more information is available about mortality rates (low overall), and there is now greater clinical awareness and a specific and sensitive laboratory test, the availability of which continues to increase.

The Advisory Committee on Dangerous Pathogens (ACDP) is also of the opinion that COVID-19 should no longer be classified as an HCID

Edited by farangme

2 minutes ago, farangme said:

Biggest threat to our nation? Have you seen England recently?

Boris was put out to graze in case He fluffed His well rehearsed lines. He's an idiot.

Nobody is qualified. Let's believe the Government and covid isn't a high consequence infectious disease. Here it is in black and white.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/high-consequence-infectious-diseases-hcid

As of 19 March 2020, COVID-19 is no longer considered to be a high consequence infectious disease (HCID) in the UK.

The 4 nations public health HCID group made an interim recommendation in January 2020 to classify COVID-19 as an HCID. This was based on consideration of the UK HCID criteria about the virus and the disease with information available during the early stages of the outbreak. Now that more is known about COVID-19, the public health bodies in the UK have reviewed the most up to date information about COVID-19 against the UK HCID criteria. They have determined that several features have now changed; in particular, more information is available about mortality rates (low overall), and there is now greater clinical awareness and a specific and sensitive laboratory test, the availability of which continues to increase.

The Advisory Committee on Dangerous Pathogens (ACDP) is also of the opinion that COVID-19 should no longer be classified as an HCID

Published in 2018

15 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

Exactly like that.

Not so quick to highlight the following...

Medical professionals recognized early in the global pandemic that children generally appeared to be less susceptible to falling ill from the new bug, with fewer confirmed cases, hospital admissions, serious complications or deaths than their parents or grandparents.

Only 1.7% of nearly 150,000 infections were found in people under 18 years of age, according to a nationwide analysis of U.S. data published this month by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wsj.com/amp/articles/consensus-is-emerging-that-children-are-less-vulnerable-to-coronavirus-11587988688

Yup,

There was a professor on radio 5 two days ago and what He said I agree with. The Government and media has intentionally frightened the life out of the British public. They did this so they would be easier to control and lock down. And now they don't know how to un-frighten them and get out of this.

This is what He said. Unusual for the BBC to allow this opinion but slowly and surely the Nation will come awake to this.

No social distancing by me yesterday. Shook hands with the young lads in the Mosque that sold me 20 bags of plaster. 

Edited by farangme
  • Like 1