COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

5 hours ago, Thai Spice said:

Hahaha, I saw that....  Worst is that some will think this is a great idea....

Hopefully somebody will bug the bloody thing and send it walking in the lake.  

Imagine that in London or Glasgow, stolen, burnt or stabbed their first day out.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, lazarus said:

Wow...must've had a lot of 'sloppy seconds'...huh?

80_300x300_Front_Color-White.jpg

Everyone gets sloppy seconds in Thailand. Usually from the Thai boyfriend they are certain tilac doesn't have👍😂😂

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

Dominic Raab filling in the blanks today. Restaurants, Pubs and Hairdressers to open from early July. That won't appease the blubbering, hysterical masses, but it will bring hope to most.

They'll just have to be patient and wait until July!

29 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

Surprising we never closed the world down for tuberculosis.....

Probably we were braver and less scared before ? 

https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/tuberculosis

• A total of 1.5 million people died from TB in 2018 (including 251 000 people with HIV). Worldwide, TB is one of the top 10 causes of death and the leading cause from a single infectious agent (above HIV/AIDS).

Or why we aren't wearing masks since ages ?

"TB is spread from person to person through the air. When people with lung TB cough, sneeze or spit, they propel the TB germs into the air. A person needs to inhale only a few of these germs to become infected."

What a bloody comedy ! 

Is there a TB vaccine?

Is there a Covid-19 vaccine?

I  dont doubt that nearly every single one of us wants to get back to normal life. But the issue is "when" and "how"? 

Clearly for the majority of infected countries, that is not goingto be yet. Putting dates on changes or setting time frames are ba wish based upon data and models. The virus has no agenda other than to multiply using the human body. 

I think it is very much a wait and watch game. If infections start to go up again then restrictions will go back to bad they were a month ago.  Optimistically if the numbers are stable and the health system is coping then and restrictions will be lifted further.  It is common sense to ease restrictions slowly and that people work together in keeping  each other safe. 

Each country will make its own decisions based upon risk and infection and may not be in sync with each other for a long time. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, fygjam said:

And were those who died vaccinated?

Point???

Will all have the vaccine when one is found for Covid 19??

Will by some miracle someone will wave a magic wand and the world population will be vaccinated.??. 

There is a vaccine for measles but people are still dying from them.... same as TB.

There is more dying of heart disease every day... has been known for years.... but did the world stop until a vaccine was found?

cheers

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, roobob said:

Point???

Will by some miracle someone will wave a magic wand and the world population will be vaccinated.??. 

There is a vaccine for measles but people are still dying from them.... same as TB.

There is more dying of heart disease every day... has been known for years.... but did the world stop until a vaccine was found?

cheers

you cannot vaccinate against a disease of aging....yet

dont get me wrong...the time for stulltifying lockdown is passing...how we open up "relatively safely"  is the question now 

we have to open up now the immeadiate threat of the virus overwhelming existing health services has passed

I have been getting a flu vaccination for the last 5 years. 

I have not had flu since. Does not guarantee I won't catch it but lessens the chances because I have flu antibodies in my system. 

I am guessing that a C19 vaccine will work in a similar way. 

It won't completely eradicate the virus but will greatly reduce the symptoms and strengthen the body's response to the virus. 

I would imagine that some of first people to receive a C19 vaccine will be those over 60 and people with underlying conditions for which C19 can be deadly. 

I drink a glass of bleach everyday and have been injecting myself with Jeyes fluid so I reckon I will ok🙄🙄🙄

• Haha 2
  • Surprised 1

Devils advocate :

So we have guys have been smoking and / or drinking, eating shiite food all their live, they arrive at 50 / 60 in bad health (diabete, cancer..), with a weak immune system, are eating pills like candy, and now we the healthy people have to give up our liberties in order to save their ass ?

Hahahaha....I am gonna be flamed for that one ...😁😁😁😁

But there is some truth in it !

Edit :

Another idea : when re opening bars and restaurants, why dont we make 2 areas ? One for the "fragile" people with rules of 2 per table, paritions, masks, goggles and gloves mandatory and another without restrictions for the people who dont fear the virus ?

A bit like the smoking / no smoking areas ? 

Same in trains, separate carriages with different rules for different people. 

Edited by Thai Spice
  • Thumbs Up 1

And now I have been told I cannot attend the funeral of my friend - immediate family (no more than 8 ) and funeral directors only.

Maybe if I stuck a union flag up my erchie and sing "we'll meet again " with 200 other people I would be allowed, but that is patriotic --we are all in this together- wartime jingoistic pish.

Fuckin ludicrous

32 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

Devils advocate :

So we have guys have been smoking and / or drinking, eating shiite food all their live, they arrive at 50 / 60 in bad health (diabete, cancer..), with a weak immune system, are eating pills like candy, and now we the healthy people have to give up our liberties in order to save their ass ?

Hahahaha....I am gonna be flamed for that one ...😁😁😁😁

But there is some truth in it !

Edit :

Another idea : when re opening bars and restaurants, why dont we make 2 areas ? One for the "fragile" people with rules of 2 per table, paritions, masks, goggles and gloves mandatory and another without restrictions for the people who dont fear the virus ?

A bit like the smoking / no smoking areas ? 

Same in trains, separate carriages with different rules for different people. 

I can't see that working. 

But my question for you is...... If you contract the virus and are not hospitalised or suffer a fatality, would you care about passing it on to another person in your close contact area or would yourself isolate until the symptoms have past. 

You could be asymtematic and pass on the virus to others. 

But because they are in your group of  "don't care" does that mean that if they get very sick that they will not seek medical care?. 

You see its very easy to make assumptions but those who don't care are more likely to spread C19 to others. In your restaurant scenario I presume that a waiter is going to be prepared to come into contact with the Don't Care brigade?  And you would expect them not to care either and risk catching the virus and passing it onto their family? 

You can see and smell smoke and decide whether you wish to be near it. You cannot see or smell Covid virus

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Thai Spice said:

"A total of 1.5 million people died from TB in 2018"

With a vaccine......

TB is a gigantic problem ... it used to be non-existent in the USA ... but, due to illegal immigrants another story ...

There is a vaccine against TB that you cannot guarantee .. ( yea, I got a couple when I was a kid ) .. just like all vaccinations -- preventive medicine but never a guarantee

But, there are pills and a protocol that you can take once you get it ... TB is not easy to diagnose until you are coughing your ass off ... prior to that you are a contagious f**k .... without knowing ... and a couple of weeks after you are finally diagnosed ...

In Thailand here .. TB is still pretty prevalent ... the Institute of Health here in Thailand ( with ICD-10 diagnostics that are submitted every 30 days ) estimate about 1M cases per year ...

I would say about 8 - 10 years ago ... I was diagnosed with TB here ( WTF ) ... I am 100% certain I contacted in the hospital(s) where I work .. not sure what hospital because I work in many of them ... I lost about 30 pounds or so ...

Anyway the hospital gave me an ABI test .. proof positive ... I had to take a heavy dose of pills for the first week or so ... after that I was not contagious .... then after that 9 pills a day for at least 6 months ... then another couple pills a day for another 3 months ...

Perfectly healthy after about 10 months ....

So, 1M estimated cases here in Thailand .. lets not include Los, Cambodia, Burma, Vietnam, etc., etc.,

The 1.5M number quoted above is ... I don't think accurate .. I am pretty certain that there are well over 10 - 15 times that number -- but, due to the pills and treatments that are available .. significantly reduced and almost eradicated in most countries ...

Edited by code_slayer_bkk
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, fatbhoytim said:

And now I have been told I cannot attend the funeral of my friend - immediate family (no more than 8 ) and funeral directors only.

Maybe if I stuck a union flag up my erchie and sing "we'll meet again " with 200 other people I would be allowed, but that is patriotic --we are all in this together- wartime jingoistic pish.

Fuckin ludicrous

Well here is a perfect example of the madness...

Funerals are severely restricted or canceled.....Same goes for weddings...

Churches are to dangerous to leave open

But

Walmarts and

liquor stores  and

Pot shops can remain open

WAKE UP......THEY ARE LAUGHING AT ALL THE PEOPLE BUYING INTO THIS....

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, roobob said:

Point???

cheers

Well said.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, fforest said:

Well here is a perfect example of the madness...

Funerals are severely restricted or canceled.....Same goes for weddings...

Churches are to dangerous to leave open

But

Walmarts and

liquor stores  and

Pot shops can remain open

WAKE UP......THEY ARE LAUGHING AT ALL THE PEOPLE BUYING INTO THIS....

And the more they buy into it, the more control they have.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

Just a minor point. Heart conditions are rarely contagious. They develop naturally and often either genetic or has a result of lifestyle.  You cannot catch heart disease at a football match but you can catch the corona virus by doing so at the present time. 

It appears to me that there are 2 schools of thought 

1. Is to do nothing and carry on as normal and let nature do its work and allowing the natural spread of the virus and if some die then tough luck as its a natural culling process of the weak and vulnerable. The fittest survive. 

2. Use the science and technology that we have invested so much in over the last 70 years to treat and prevent as many people who are sick and to prevent as many premature deaths possible. To reduce and prevent the same results as the Spanish Flu in 1917 which wiped out a third of the world's population by isolation measures and sanitation. 

But there is a third factor creeping in which is the usual "blame culture" and "conspiracy theories" who got it right and who got it wrong? 

Doesn't help at all only serves for people trying to justify their opinions but the truth is that None of Us can say with any exact confidence whether we are right or wrong because we are still in the middle of this world crisis and none of know the consequences. We still do not know whether there will be fresh outbreaks and how many as a result of easing current lock downs. Sure people can predict what they want or what they think everyone else wants but it makes little difference. 

We got through WW2 and people suffered hardship, heartbreak injury and death (and that was just the civilian population). 

People gave things up and made sacrifices for 6 long years and the years that followed 

Why is so much to expect that people cannot do that for 6 months in today's society.?

Excellent post!