COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

9 minutes ago, Bazle said:

Have you quoted the right document? I cannot see any mention of Covid in it.

in the treatment regimes of the trials...french data wrt treatment  in particular too

we are still awaiting randomised .double blind study results  of HCQ in the early phases of illness ...before the cytokine storm at 10-14 days 

it will not be in the  Product Information because it is being used off licence with government approval...that should tell you something but no conclusive results as yet

Edited by Ivan the terrible
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Ivan the terrible said:

sure we cannot go back to" normal" people and workplaces need to be "covid safe"but they can be 

The biggie is public transport ....its a nightmare

f**k carbon emmissions...get people in cars   

The only problem with is that in places like London and other capital cities is. That there would not be enough parking spaces and there would be endless traffic jams. But for business and factories outside or on the outskirts of major towns and cities it would be more favourable than using Public transport with people packed into trains and subway etc where no social distance can be applied or is not being applied. 

I won't use public transport at the moment and stick to driving but I am retired now so I don't need to

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

The only problem with is that in places like London and other capital cities is. That there would not be enough parking spaces and there would be endless traffic jams. But for business and factories outside or on the outskirts of major towns and cities it would be more favourable than using Public transport with people packed into trains and subway etc where no social distance can be applied or is not being applied. 

I won't use public transport at the moment and stick to driving but I am retired now so I don't need to

open up every green space for parking...as a start

I see on BBC that Shearings, one of the biggest coach holiday providers in the UK, has went tits up with 2500 jobs lost and over 64,000 bookings gone. Also Hertz car rental has filed for bankruptcy. How many more business's are going to go bust before this ends?

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

The government should encourage more people to use Scooters in city's, take up the same amount of road as a bicycle and can get 3 or 4 in one car park space

1 hour ago, Ivan the terrible said:

err...no its not...in fact less

http://www.guildlink.com.au/gc/ws/sw/pi.cfm?product=swpplaqu10718

standard dose to prevent /reduce viral load is 200mg per day

standard dose to treat covid 200mg twice a day

malaria 400mg twice a day

when will you stop making shit up to suit your agenda

Mama mia.... wrong.

But whatever...

27 minutes ago, fatbhoytim said:

I see on BBC that Shearings, one of the biggest coach holiday providers in the UK, has went tits up with 2500 jobs lost and over 64,000 bookings gone. Also Hertz car rental has filed for bankruptcy. How many more business's are going to go bust before this ends?

Thus is going to be a slaughter on a scale never seen before.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, galenkia said:

The government should encourage more people to use Scooters in city's, take up the same amount of road as a bicycle and can get 3 or 4 in one car park space

Good point. 

I noticed. Yesterday though that the Mayor of London has not only increased the congestion charge but also extended the hours. 

But bikes and scooter as far as I am aware are exempt from charges along with Electric cars. 

For some a pushbike ride to the centre of London could be quite grueling but good exercise. Although some may say is f*cking dangerous 💥

22 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

I have hidden several posts involving Figjam and fatbhoytim

Maybe the two of you should just ignore one another 

But please leave it out of this thread. 

Many thanks

I am obviously not going to argue the toss with a mod, but my replies were based on this. 

Threatening, Abusive or Insulting or Otherwise Inappropriate Posts

1. Members are encouraged to express their personal opinions on a variety of topics; however posts that are threatening, abusive, insulting or otherwise inappropriate to other members are not acceptable in any way.  Posts must be made in such a way that they address or rebut other members’ opinions and not be directed against the member (or his/her family/associates) personally.

Just now, fatbhoytim said:

I am obviously not going to argue the toss with a mod, but my replies were based on this. 

Threatening, Abusive or Insulting or Otherwise Inappropriate Posts

1. Members are encouraged to express their personal opinions on a variety of topics; however posts that are threatening, abusive, insulting or otherwise inappropriate to other members are not acceptable in any way.  Posts must be made in such a way that they address or rebut other members’ opinions and not be directed against the member (or his/her family/associates) personally.

hey mate we may disagree but you have done nothing in invoking mod intervention...keep posting

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

Good point. 

I noticed. Yesterday though that the Mayor of London has mot only increased the congestion charge but also extended the hours. 

But bikes and scooter as far as I am aware are exempt from charges along with Electric cars. 

For some a pushbike ride to the centre of London could be quite grueling but good exercise. Although some may say is f*cking dangerous 💥

A lot of people travel a fair few miles in to London, too far to cycle, so I think they should give incentive to use Scooters. 

Regarding congestion charges its down to emissions and older bikes have to pay full whack. 

It's a big issue at the moment among motorcycle action groups. 

10 minutes ago, galenkia said:

A lot of people travel a fair few miles in to London, too far to cycle, so I think they should give incentive to use Scooters. 

Regarding congestion charges its down to emissions and older bikes have to pay full whack. 

What do you class as "scooters" Is that like a vespa or the little electric engine things ? As far as I am aware the electric scooters are illegal here ?

12 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Yep my Harley is non-ULEZ,at present it's only central London but from October next year it's extended to the north & south circulars.OK it's polluting but I've done just over 20k miles in nearly 17 years so I don't think I've aggravated anyone's asthma.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

21 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

I think I will get one of these. Not quite ready for an invalids mobility chariot 

12334.jpg

I am pretty sure these are not road (or pavement ) legal. Seen them in Spain running in bike lanes.This would be a good idea in these present times

1 hour ago, fatbhoytim said:

Going to get real messy 

25 minutes ago, fatbhoytim said:

I am pretty sure these are not road (or pavement ) legal. Seen them in Spain running in bike lanes.This would be a good idea in these present times

I'd probably break my f**kin neck riding one of them 😁😁

1 hour ago, fatbhoytim said:

What do you class as "scooters" Is that like a vespa or the little electric engine things ? As far as I am aware the electric scooters are illegal here ?

Same as you can rent in Thailand. 

Just need to do a short CBT test and you are good to go. 

1 hour ago, Ivan the terrible said:

in what way wrong?...unless you are deflecting...your ignorance perhaps

It does make me laugh when someone takes something they have read on the Internet as fact and tries to tell a medically trained person they don't know what they are talking about. 😀

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1