COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

8 hours ago, Skalliwag said:

I’m trying to think of somewhere in England that makes it sound as catchy as The Wuhan flu.

Just rolls off the tongue.

7 hours ago, Skalliwag said:

Slough?

The Slough cough?

I'm going with Pomona pneumonia for the variant a US flight crew deposited in Sydney and now it's spreading everywhere.

(Pomona being a place in both California and Queensland, all bases covered.)

4 hours ago, fygjam said:

The Slough cough?

I'm going with Pomona pneumonia for the variant a US flight crew deposited in Sydney and now it's spreading everywhere.

(Pomona being a place in both California and Queensland, all bases covered.)

The Liverpool drool?

Just seeing on the news, that the UK government are rolling back their plans for giving the second dose of the vaccine, so that more people can get their first dose sooner, rather than wait, until all who’d had the first dose have received their second dose. 
Apparently it’s not absolutely necessary to have the second jab at the 21 day mark, but it’s OK to wait up to 6 weeks or more for it. The longer the wait between jabs, the better the body builds its own immune response. 
🤔
I have no medical expertise, I’m just repeating what I heard, so please don’t shoot the messenger. 👌 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, KhunDon said:

Just seeing on the news, that the UK government are rolling back their plans for giving the second dose of the vaccine, so that more people can get their first dose sooner, rather than wait, until all who’d had the first dose have received their second dose. 
Apparently it’s not absolutely necessary to have the second jab at the 21 day mark, but it’s OK to wait up to 6 weeks or more for it. The longer the wait between jabs, the better the body builds its own immune response. 
🤔
I have no medical expertise, I’m just repeating what I heard, so please don’t shoot the messenger. 👌 

So if people do not have the required second jab in the required/recommended time frame... the the first jab would be an absolute waste.

Rider: Not shooting the messenger... just making a comment on what was said on the news.

cheers

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Not according to the scientist (didn’t catch his name as I was only half listening) on the telly. Waiting longer between jabs shouldn’t really affect the outcome. The second jab is considered to be just a booster, but it isn’t considered to be absolutely necessary to give the second jab within 21 days. At least that’s what he seemed to be saying.

I think the plan is to give more people their first jab, which would come from the supplies they were going to hold back to give as the second jab to those who had the first jab, if that makes sense. 👌

Edited by KhunDon
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, KhunDon said:

Not according to the scientist (didn’t catch his name as I was only half listening) on the telly. Waiting longer between jabs shouldn’t really affect the outcome. The second jab is considered to be just a booster, but it isn’t considered to be absolutely necessary to give the second jab within 21 days. At least that’s what he seemed to be saying. 👌

Yes, that's how I heard it. Just possibly a longer gap between first and second dose, in some areas.

The vaccine roll out is going to be a mammoth task probably a few screw ups along the way but this is the first time that vaccination of this scale has ever taken place. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, KhunDon said:

🤔

Watched Dr John Campbell explain this to a news channel on YouTube 👍

59 minutes ago, KhunDon said:

Not according to the scientist (didn’t catch his name as I was only half listening) on the telly. Waiting longer between jabs shouldn’t really affect the outcome. The second jab is considered to be just a booster, but it isn’t considered to be absolutely necessary to give the second jab within 21 days. At least that’s what he seemed to be saying.

I think the plan is to give more people their first jab, which would come from the supplies they were going to hold back to give as the second jab to those who had the first jab, if that makes sense. 👌

I'm sure he said the immunity would also last longer this way too ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KhunDon said:

They are blagging it. They have f***d it up like everything else regarding the virus and are trying to make out everything is okay. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Haha 2

A rave in Lille in France has been going on since Thursday and is planned to end Tuesday. 

Police have said 'people are not respecting social distancing'. 

Yeah right, you try to not hug everyone around you like they are your best mates when you're E'ed off your fucking tits. 😬

• Sad 1

Read an disturbing article about viruses..scientists seem to think we could be in a era of global pandemics, and a more deadly virus is just around the corner. All due to the ever increasing homosapien population. I guess only time will tell.  The great Carl Sagan once said, 

Extinction is the rule..Survival is the exception.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Washedup said:

Read an disturbing article about viruses..scientists seem to think we could be in a era of global pandemics, and a more deadly virus is just around the corner. All due to the ever increasing homosapien population. I guess only time will tell.  The great Carl Sagan once said, 

Nature's population control. Happens among animals so why not humans?. 

Anyway, the vaccination plan is going well!. 

_116326633_mail-nc.png

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Nature's population control. Happens among animals so why not humans?. 

Anyway, the vaccination plan is going well!. 

_116326633_mail-nc.png

I was hopeful of a trip to Thailand this year..think it might be 2022 the way things are shaping up..oh well Scottish highlands it is 

Just now, Washedup said:

I was hopeful of a trip to Thailand this year..think it might be 2022 the way things are shaping up..oh well Scottish highlands it is 

They have no chance of sorting this before summer, the medical community can't even stick together so what chance do you have?. 

Next thing will be extending the furlough then you know it's f***d. 

• Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, Washedup said:

Nothing new.

March 2016

The emergence of severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus (SARS-CoV) and Middle East
respiratory syndrome (MERS)-CoV highlights the continued risk of cross-species transmission leading to
epidemic disease. This manuscript describes efforts to extend surveillance beyond sequence analysis,
constructing chimeric and full-length zoonotic coronaviruses to evaluate emergence potential. Focusing
on SARS-like virus sequences isolated from Chinese horseshoe bats, the results indicate a significant
threat posed by WIV1-CoV. Both full-length and chimeric WIV1-CoV readily replicated efficiently in human
airway cultures and in vivo, suggesting capability of direct transmission to humans. In addition, while
monoclonal antibody treatments prove effective, the SARS-based vaccine approach failed to confer
protection. Together, the study indicates an ongoing threat posed by WIV1-related viruses and the need
for continued study and surveillance.

https://www.pnas.org/content/113/11/3048

But then science meets politics.

The Global Health Security and Biodefense unit — responsible for pandemic preparedness — was established in 2015 by Barack Obama’s National Security Advisor, Susan Rice.

In May 2018, the team was disbanded and its head Timothy Ziemer, top White House official in the NSC for leading U.S. response against a pandemic, left the Trump administration.

• Like 2

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/01/health/coronavirus-vaccines-britain.html#click=https://t.co/qMCASW4vFc

Britain Opens Door to Mix-and-Match Vaccinations, Worrying Experts

Amid a sputtering vaccine rollout and fears of a new and potentially more transmissible variant of the coronavirus, Britain has quietly updated its vaccination playbook to allow for a mix-and-match vaccine regimen. If a second dose of the vaccine a patient originally received isn’t available, or if the manufacturer of the first shot isn’t known, another vaccine may be substituted, health officials said.

2 hours ago, Bazle said:

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/01/health/coronavirus-vaccines-britain.html#click=https://t.co/qMCASW4vFc

Britain Opens Door to Mix-and-Match Vaccinations, Worrying Experts

Amid a sputtering vaccine rollout and fears of a new and potentially more transmissible variant of the coronavirus, Britain has quietly updated its vaccination playbook to allow for a mix-and-match vaccine regimen. If a second dose of the vaccine a patient originally received isn’t available, or if the manufacturer of the first shot isn’t known, another vaccine may be substituted, health officials said.

2_BHR_nec150818sweets_01.jpg