COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

55 minutes ago, maipenrai said:

I went for my first jab yesterday - made the appointment online with a very easy gov't site that had time slots available all day at ten minute intervals; they had the venue set up in the convention centre of a local hotel, using Moderna vaccine; this week is for 65+ citizens, and I thought it would be a little busier but they weren't even using five out of ten stations available when I was there:

Webp.net-resizeimage-3.jpg

After a barrage of the usual covid-symptom questions I was directed to a station where I had a quick and painless jab in my left shoulder, then  to a waiting area where you have to sit for 15 minutes with paramedics present just in case somebody has a quick adverse reaction. I'll make another appointment the same way in 28 days for my second jab. My shoulder is a little sore this morning but otherwise no problem.

Here's a gov't social distancing propaganda poster, nice to see that someone there has a sense of humour:

Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg

I like how the northern pike rolls 

21 hours ago, maipenrai said:

I went for my first jab yesterday - made the appointment online with a very easy gov't site that had time slots available all day at ten minute intervals; they had the venue set up in the convention centre of a local hotel, using Moderna vaccine; this week is for 65+ citizens, and I thought it would be a little busier but they weren't even using five out of ten stations available when I was there:

Webp.net-resizeimage-3.jpg

After a barrage of the usual covid-symptom questions I was directed to a station where I had a quick and painless jab in my left shoulder, then  to a waiting area where you have to sit for 15 minutes with paramedics present just in case somebody has a quick adverse reaction. I'll make another appointment the same way in 28 days for my second jab. My shoulder is a little sore this morning but otherwise no problem.

Here's a gov't social distancing propaganda poster, nice to see that someone there has a sense of humour:

Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg

Good job Gord, hope all is well. I got a call yesterday at 4:00pm from the "county" telling me I could come in for an appt Monday at 10:15am and get the first round. Cool....Rachanee has to wait a bit longer, she is younger then me LOL! She could not tell me whether I will get the Pfizer or Moderna.....Piece of mind is pretty important these days. Can't wait. 

• Thumbs Up 4

F—k me this really hits home. Was supposed to take a trip out of province with an old friend of mine, hadn’t seen him in years before chatting about 6 weeks ago. I felt like an asshole for cancelling last minute, and didn’t talk to him since. 3 nights ago I texted him and thought he was screwing around, the messages made no sense,  he said “sick’ and “hos” . 
This guy is from Pakistan, but came over 30 years ago, his English is perfect. He phoned me last night, and could barely speak, before hanging up. I asked if it was Covid, he muttered “don’t know bro”, and a faint “sick man”. 
Then I remembered a # I had from his new tenant. Guy just texted me saying he indeed caught the virus and had been on a ventilator over a week. 

I’m very sad, I hope he pulls through. Guy is divorced with 4 kids, and had just met a nice Syrian lady he really loves. I’m also wondering if cancelling the trip might have saved me, we were leaving the morning of the 2nd

Edited by Golfingboy
  • Like 1
  • Sad 4

f**k me .. the paranoia .... is unbelievable !

Jabs in the ass , anal swabs, duplicate masks on your face ... can't walk your dog at night or swim in the sea , plus businesses being shut down , can eat in a restaurant .. etc. etc. etc. ..

When will this shit end .. probably never .. !

Get a fucking grip ....

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Washedup said:

Life wont return to normal for at least 2 years.. an expert warns. Saying pandemic isn't over until it's over globally.

Just a "keyword" .. that the government has you in their "grip" now ... they will never let anything back to the pre-normal days .. for sure !

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Washedup said:

Life wont return to normal for at least 2 years.. an expert warns. Saying pandemic isn't over until it's over globally.

It's this ludicrous idea of 'zero covid'. The Irish deputy PM hinted at this in a recent press conference. He said that if people want to pursue a 'zero covid' policy that means shutting borders indefinitely, and living with restrictions and an endless cycle of lockdowns. Bizzarely, things have gotten worse not better since the vaccines came onboard. Utter madness.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

It's this ludicrous idea of 'zero covid'. The Irish deputy PM hinted at this in a recent press conference. He said that if people want to pursue a 'zero covid' policy that means shutting borders indefinitely, and living with restrictions and an endless cycle of lockdowns. Bizzarely, things have gotten worse not better since the vaccines came onboard. Utter madness.

Bizzare it certainly is..strange days 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Fcuking crazy 

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2021-01-30/dodger-stadiums-covid-19-vaccination-site-shutdown-after-dozens-of-protesters-gather-at-entrance

Dodger Stadium’s mass COVID-19 vaccination site was shut down Saturday afternoon as dozens of protesters gathered at the entrance, stalling hundreds of motorists who had been waiting in line for hours.

The Los Angeles Fire Department closed the entrance to the stadium at about 2 p.m. as a precaution, officials said. 

The demonstrators included members of anti-vaccine and far-right groups. While some carried signs decrying the COVID-19 vaccine and shouting for people not to get the shots, there were no incidents of violence.

.....A post on social media described the demonstration as the “SCAMDEMIC PROTEST/MARCH.” It advised participants to “please refrain from wearing Trump/MAGA attire as we want our statement to resonate with the sheeple. No flags but informational signs only.

“This is a sharing information protest and march against everything COVID, Vaccine, PCR Tests, Lockdowns, Masks, Fauci, Gates, Newsom, China, digital tracking, etc.”

Edited by Stillearly
  • Surprised 2

Bloody UK virus!

Ten months without community transmission then some diseased traveler brings the UK virus (B1.1.7 variant) in and it escapes quarantine.

Perth and nearby regions going into full lockdown for, initially, 5 days.

• Surprised 1

Really , please tell me how much more ridiculous can this shit get .... 

Los Angeles County public health officials announced restaurants and breweries are allowed to reopen, but "televisions or other screens that broadcast programming must remain off until further notice."

Full article here ... lol .. f**k me ... I has said repeatedly the government is f***d ...

https://disrn.com/news/la-orders-restaurants-keep-tvs-off-as-outdoor-dining-resumes-super-bowl-approaches

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fygjam said:

Bloody UK virus!

Ten months without community transmission then some diseased traveler brings the UK virus (B1.1.7 variant) in and it escapes quarantine.

Perth and nearby regions going into full lockdown for, initially, 5 days.

Keep the SA variant out 👍

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

Tell me how ... it is just another excuse for the fucking government to control your life .... these fucks ...

Whats next a ZY variant ? Or XX variant ?

I have thrown in the towel on talking about covid it's all hopeless... But this shit show can be stretched out forever, just by saying there is a new strain and then another new strain and then bla bla bla another... 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, fforest said:

I have thrown in the towel on talking about covid it's all hopeless... But this shit show can be stretched out forever, just by saying there is a new strain and then another new strain and then bla bla bla another... 

Basically it's all yap yap...unless you get it.

Then, similar to cancer, it's a bit of a crapshoot depending on access to treatment, luck and fate.

Better to just stay heathy and yap yap.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, fforest said:

Yea Bro .. I have been saying that from the beginning ....

• Like 1