COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

4 hours ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

Tell me how ... it is just another excuse for the fucking government to control your life .... these fucks ...

Whats next a ZY variant ? Or XX variant ?

Mate... well there is over 190 countries in the world...so they will all want to have their one too....555

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, lazarus said:

Basically it's all yap yap...unless you get it.

Then, similar to cancer, it's a bit of a crapshoot depending on access to treatment, luck and fate.

Better to just stay heathy and yap yap.

With cancer.... when there is new cases...the world does not lock down...people do not have the disease do not loose their livelyhoods.

As saying who has got it... well... it seems by the link below... you could base an argument that it is not as bad as some are making it out to be.

102,110,605 have contracted the virus.

73,961,553 have recovered.

2,202,672 have passed away.

One thing is certain though...be it whatever disease..... you can bet your bottom dollar no politician/authorities will give up their pay packet while things are going on.... even when they continually spruik...we are all in this together.

cheers

• COVID-19 cases, recoveries, and deaths | Statista

17 minutes ago, roobob said:

With cancer.... when there is new cases...the world does not lock down...people do not have the disease do not loose their livelyhoods.

As saying who has got it... well... it seems by the link below... you could base an argument that it is not as bad as some are making it out to be.

One thing is certain though...be it whatever disease..... you can bet your bottom dollar no politician/authorities will give up their pay packet while things are going on.... even when they continually spruik...we are all in this together.

cheers

• COVID-19 cases, recoveries, and deaths | Statista

How can you seriously compare cancer with Covid?

As far as I am aware you cannot catch cancer from another human being.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

37 minutes ago, roobob said:

I quoted a post that did.

cheers

You misunderstood my post & used it to further your own political narrative.

Let's try again...

If you catch Covid -- a highly transmissible respiratory disease -- you have a good chance of dying. It is all well documented in medical statistics.

You also can die with certain types of cancers if not treated. (BTW, most cancers are environmentally caused).
see: https://www.niehs.nih.gov/health/materials/cancer_and_the_environment_508.pdf

Why do you think they have warnings on tobacco products? Why do you think smoking is restricted in most public places? (Hint: lung cancer)

The point that you missed -- people can talk all they want -- yap yap yap --

But they will soon STFU - if they contract Covid -- just like they would if they found out they had a serious cancer.

It is not something to take lightly.

. . .

(COVID) MORTALITY ANALYSES

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/data/mortality

Capture.JPG

Edited by lazarus
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

57 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

How can you seriously compare cancer with Covid?

As far as I am aware you cannot catch cancer from another human being.

Yea, I agree ...

But, how many people have had a bout with these ?  You can catch from another person and if I would research even more .. these are just off the top of my head ....

Norovirus, Influenza, Meningitis, HFMD, Pertussis, Sexually Transmitted Infections, MRSA, and still now these days even fucking TB ... the last stats I gave to the Ministry of Health here in Thailand were about 13 M people ( can't remember the exact number ) who had TB ... which you can get with someone coughing

TB has been around forever ....

A whole fucking shit load people with just the 8 I gave ... ...

Not trying to argue with you Bro .... we all just have to accept this .. it is here ( probably was even here before we knew it ) . deal with it and not live in fear ... you gotta get on down the road .. live your life and be fearless ...

I am surprised the government hasn't exploited a "keyboard" illness yet ... ( for all of those keyboard warriors out there ) .. f**k me .. you touch the X key or got to a certain WWW site ... you are f***d ..

Forget it .. you are now sick and have to be quarantined, can't go to a restaurant, swim in the sea, etc ....

Edited by code_slayer_bkk

14 minutes ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

Yea, I agree ...

But, how many people have had a bout with these ?  You can catch from another person and if I would research even more .. these are just off the top of my head ....

Norovirus, Influenza, Meningitis, HFMD, Pertussis, Sexually Transmitted Infections, MRSA, and still now these days even fucking TB ... 

A whole fucking shit load ...

Not trying to argue with you Bro .... we all just have to accept this .. it is here ( probably was even here before we knew it ) . deal with it and not live in fear ... you gotta get on down the road .. live your life and be fearless ...

I do understand your point. And, like you I think personal responsibility is #1. Especially when one has a family.

Yet, so many people either have no clue or just don't give a f*ck about other people around them (even their families).

The challenge with Covid is that in many countries the hospitals are overflowing with very sick  people who will die or are already dead (& stacking up at morgues). Covid has overwhelmed the health care systems in many places...& destroyed families.

Without some societal intervention -- (e.g., personal hygiene, measured gov't restrictions, etc.) -- it will end up being like the Black Death.

Sure...eventually, it will die down (no pun intended)...in the meantime...

(IMO) it is prudent to be cautious.

Not fearful. Smart and cautious.

. . .

Black Death

The Black Death was a devastating global epidemic of bubonic plague that struck Europe and Asia in the mid-1300s. The plague arrived in Europe in October 1347, when 12 ships from the Black Sea docked at the Sicilian port of Messina. People gathered on the docks were met with a horrifying surprise: Most sailors aboard the ships were dead, and those still alive were gravely ill and covered in black boils that oozed blood and pus. Sicilian authorities hastily ordered the fleet of “death ships” out of the harbor, but it was too late: Over the next five years, the Black Death would kill more than 20 million people in Europe

https://www.history.com/topics/middle-ages/black-death#:~:text=The Black Death was a,the Sicilian port of Messina.

Edited by lazarus
  • Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

"Yet, so many people either have no clue or just don't give a f*ck about other people around them (even their families) "

My question is how can someone be like that ... WTF ... I can be a hardass ... but, I never bring bad to someone that hasn't asked for it .... I always show respect and offer a helping hand to anyone

Just makes me shake my head in disgust ...

Maybe should be asking different questions ...

47 minutes ago, lazarus said:

You misunderstood my post & used it to further your own political narrative.

Let's try again...

If you catch Covid -- a highly transmissible respiratory disease -- you have a good chance of dying. It is all well documented in medical statistics.

You also can die with certain types of cancers if not treated. (BTW, most cancers are environmentally caused).
see: https://www.niehs.nih.gov/health/materials/cancer_and_the_environment_508.pdf

Why do you think they have warnings on tobacco products? Why do you think smoking is restricted in most public places? (Hint: lung cancer)

The point that you missed -- people can talk all they want -- yap yap yap --

But they will soon STFU - if they contract Covid -- just like they would if they found out they had a serious cancer.

It is not something to take lightly.

. . .

(COVID) MORTALITY ANALYSES

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/data/mortality

Capture.JPG

No one is taking it lightly    and yes you can die from the virus...and sadly it is happening,,,but I would say that the figures that I supplied in the link above...that there is more chance of surviving it than passing away... there is no political agenda there. Here are the figures again....

I posted that the current lockdown in WA is an overkill as it is based on one case. If you think that it is not an overkill...no problem.... lets agree to disagree with the decision they have made.

cheers  

15 minutes ago, roobob said:

I posted that the current lockdown in WA is an overkill as it is based on one case. If you think that it is not an overkill...no problem.... lets agree to disagree with the decision they have made.

Only one case.

And to think, back in  October or November 2019 there was probably only one case...

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Confused 1

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-captain-sir-tom-moore-in-hospital-with-coronavirus-12204729

Sky News have just announced that Captain Tom Moore (100 years old) has been admitted to hospital with Covid.  Sad news.

Captain Sir Tom Moore, the Second World War veteran who was knighted after raising millions of pounds for the NHS during the UK's first lockdown, has been admitted to hospital with coronavirus.

In a tweet from his official account, his daughter said he tested positive last week and was taken to hospital today for help with his breathing.

He is not in intensive care.

• Sad 10

23 minutes ago, john luke said:

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-captain-sir-tom-moore-in-hospital-with-coronavirus-12204729

Sky News have just announced that Captain Tom Moore (100 years old) has been admitted to hospital with Covid.  Sad news.

Captain Sir Tom Moore, the Second World War veteran who was knighted after raising millions of pounds for the NHS during the UK's first lockdown, has been admitted to hospital with coronavirus.

In a tweet from his official account, his daughter said he tested positive last week and was taken to hospital today for help with his breathing.

He is not in intensive care.

FFS

4 hours ago, Washedup said:

Any BM's booked in for the jab this week 

No, but I was sent a throat and nasal swab test on Saturday which I will post back tomorrow. 
The wife who’s had her first jab over 3 weeks ago, was sent a home blood test kit as well on Saturday and she  will draw blood and send that back as well. 
She had a swab test a week ago and that test came back negative. 

Edited by KhunDon
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Washedup said:

9 children among suspected covid deaths in northern Brazil..ages between 1 and 5..indigenous territories,  absolutely horrendous 

I think you would find that northern Brazil already has high infant mortality rates. I would imagine resulting from social/economic conditions.

• Sad 1