COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

17 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

I am going to be exceptionally boring and ask that we Return to Topic. 

Thanks in anticipation 

What was the topic lol

Hoping to get my letter next week or a call, I know 5 people in the London area and vicinity who are between 66 and 69 who have already received their first vaccine. Little bit slower here in Wales.

• Thumbs Up 1

28 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

What was the topic lol

Hoping to get my letter next week or a call, I know 5 people in the London area and vicinity who are between 66 and 69 who have already received their first vaccine. Little bit slower here in Wales.

It's been two weeks since my parents got the jab..no ill affects whatsoever 

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Horizondave said:

What was the topic lol

Not too fast here as well mate in SW Herts.

• Thumbs Up 1

Informed people who care are concerned that this weekend's big American football game -- Super Bowl 154 -- will be yet another superspreader event.

You know...sit in a poorly ventilated room with your mates for hours, drinking and screaming at Tom Brady -- while Bob's wife (who has Covid asymptomatically contracted from her hairdresser) mixes the drinks and chats with the girls.

Pass the nachos please....

U.S. coronavirus deaths top 455,000 ahead of Super Bowl

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/us/coronavirus-us-cases.html

Capture.JPG

• Sad 1
  • Surprised 1

1 hour ago, lazarus said:

Informed people who care are concerned that this weekend's big American football game -- Super Bowl 154 -- will be yet another superspreader event.

You know...sit in a poorly ventilated room with your mates for hours, drinking and screaming at Tom Brady -- while Bob's wife (who has Covid asymptomatically contracted from her hairdresser) mixes the drinks and chats with the girls.

Pass the nachos please....

U.S. coronavirus deaths top 455,000 ahead of Super Bowl

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/us/coronavirus-us-cases.html

Capture.JPG

Crazy 

14 hours ago, Skalliwag said:

Thought of you today.Am going through the Jackson Browne essentials on ITunes.....man....I can’t get enough.

Jackson Browne - some incredible music he put out. I identify my early years shaped in big part influenced by him and The Allman Brothers (along with many others).

And this E.L.P. tune is good also. Been a long time. Kind of haunting. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Bazle said:

Unfortunately, being "on order" isn't the same as being delivered!

I guess only time will tell..but its certainly going well at the moment..I think we was close to half a million jabs in the last 24hrs 

35 minutes ago, boydeste said:

If they keep up the pace, every one over 50 will be vaccinated by end of May.

Think it's better than that, by the start of May.

The local elections are 6th May, given it take 10 days to for the jab to kick, my money says last week in April.

2 minutes ago, Lemondropkid said:

Think it's better than that, by the start of May.

The local elections are 6th May, given it take 10 days to for the jab to kick, my money says last week in April.

I heard it quoted as May today so edged my bets. LOL

8 hours ago, roomark said:

I'm a handsome c**t if that helps 😉 🤣

Then again aren't we all in LOS 🤔

Only rich and handsome C U Next Tuesdays matter in LOS.

Rules me out .................  but anyway back on topic .........

What was the topic again ......... oh yeah global pandemic !!!

Did you know Nicola 'Wee Krankie' Sturgeon refuses to call it the Oxford Astra Zeneca vaccine?

So c'mon England in the Calcutta (is it called the Kolkata Cup these days ?? ) Cup tomorrow .....

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, nampla69 said:

Only rich and handsome C U Next Tuesdays matter in LOS.

Rules me out .................  but anyway back on topic .........

What was the topic again ......... oh yeah global pandemic !!!

Did you know Nicola 'Wee Krankie' Sturgeon refuses to call it the Oxford Astra Zeneca vaccine?

So c'mon England in the Calcutta (is it called the Kolkata Cup these days ?? ) Cup tomorrow .....

Live on ITV

2 hours ago, boydeste said:

I heard it quoted as May today so edged my bets. LOL

That still won't be good enough for the butthurt remainiacs who so desperately wanted the EU to outdo the UK. Unlucky losers, the UK is winning this by a country mile. 

🤣

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lemondropkid said:

my money says last week in April”

That’ll be good, I have my 70th birthday in that week. Mind you people don’t always get what they want on their birthday. 
I’m one of triplets, born in our mothers birthday. She wanted a washing machine for a present, but got triplets instead. 🤣

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, KhunDon said:

That’ll be good, I have my 70th birthday in that week. Mind you people don’t always get what they want on their birthday. 
I’m one of triplets, born in our mothers birthday. She wanted a washing machine for a present, but got triplets instead. 🤣

Bloody hell, it might be more common now with fertility treatments etc, but being born as a triplet in the 50’s would be very unique.

• Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, Horizondave said:

What was the topic lol

My niece lives in NPT, she's 41 years old but has MS so is on the clinically extremely vulnerable list. She just got her invite for the first jab at her GP's, which means it will be the AstraZeneca version. In Wales, at least, GP surgeries are using that one while people who attend one of the  mass vaccination centres are currently being given the Pfizer version.

CTM health board, where my gaff is located, provides a good description of how the vaccines are being administered here:

https://cwmtafmorgannwg.wales/covid-19-vaccine/

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Sangsom said:

AZ might be on the label as manufacturers, but they were heavily encouraged by the government to work with the Oxford vaccine team to find a quick solution and it was a collaboration.

Oh, you poms are so defensive.

Actually, it was the other way round.

Oxford has been working on their ChAdOx (that gets a mention on the label, the Ox standing for Oxford) vaccine platform for at least 10 years. When Covid-19 came along they reworked it for the SARS-CoV-2 virus.

Then they went looking for a manufacturer who would agree to their terms. I've posted them before but basically Oxford would grant royalty free rights to the technology for the duration of the pandemic, as declared by the WHO, provided the manufacturer would supply the vaccine at cost.

I guess as part of the deal, top billing would go to the manufacturer provided ChAdOx also appeared.

And that's how Sally met Harry.

PS. It was a piss take.

• Great Info 1