COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

2 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Even if infection cases do go up, which i don't they will in any substantial number, it's the hospitalisations and death numbers now, due to the vaccination. And with the vaccination, they should continue to drop even if actual infections go up. 

Yup, realise that.... as I said, it's just in my gloomier moments.... you know, when you wake up at 2am, and can't go back to sleep, and the brain starts working overtime.....

2 minutes ago, Painter said:

Yup, realise that.... as I said, it's just in my gloomier moments.... you know, when you wake up at 2am, and can't go back to sleep, and the brain starts working overtime.....

Have you tried Class A drugs? 

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, Painter said:

I find that a whiff of lavender gets me off to sleep again

Long COVID might be a much bigger legacy than is currently recognised

Nearly a third of people who have been in hospital suffering from Covid-19 are readmitted for further treatment within four months of being discharged, and one in eight of patients dies in the same period, doctors have found.

Researchers at University College London, the Office for National Statistics, and the University of Leicester, compared medical records of nearly 48,000 people who had had hospital treatment for Covid and had been discharged by 31 August 2020, with records from a matched control group of people in the general population.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/apr/01/almost-third-of-uk-covid-hospital-patients-readmitted-within-four-months

Travel from the Philippines, Pakistan, Kenya and Bangladesh will be banned from 04:00 BST on 9 April, as the countries are added to the UK government's red list.

Nearly 40 countries are currently on the red list and nations can be added to the list with just a few hours' notice.

If someone has been in or through any of these countries in the previous 10 days, they will be refused entry to the UK.

An exception is made for British or Irish passport holders - or people with UK residence rights - but they must first pay to quarantine in a government-approved hotel for 10 days.

7 minutes ago, bob lt said:

Travel from the Philippines, Pakistan, Kenya and Bangladesh will be banned from 04:00 BST on 9 April, as the countries are added to the UK government's red list.

Nearly 40 countries are currently on the red list and nations can be added to the list with just a few hours' notice.

If someone has been in or through any of these countries in the previous 10 days, they will be refused entry to the UK.

An exception is made for British or Irish passport holders - or people with UK residence rights - but they must first pay to quarantine in a government-approved hotel for 10 days.

Unless of course one arrives in a dinghy from France then all expenses paid by the UK taxpayer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Read today that it going to be more than likely that anyone that does travel to a green listed country, and even if you have had your vaccinations, you will still need to have a negative PCR test before you arrive back into the UK!! That's potentially another £180 EACH on the cost of your holiday!!

17 minutes ago, Sherlock said:

Read today that it going to be more than likely that anyone that does travel to a green listed country, and even if you have had your vaccinations, you will still need to have a negative PCR test before you arrive back into the UK!! That's potentially another £180 EACH on the cost of your holiday!!

I also read that Greece would offer free tests as they desperately want tourists to come in.  If the test needs to be done before leaving Greece then they may make tests cheap or gratis other wise many may cancel and that is before we even know what light parameter they will be placed in.

I was expecting much more information from the government today but it was literally nothing except to say that a report will be forthcoming looking at all the data before determining what traffic light system a country will belong to.

To be honest there is so much speculation out there I don't see the point in listening to anything that is reported in the media and maybe it is actually worth waiting for real facts, info etc to be advised by Boris and his boys.

Haircut, gym, and out for a meal/drink (weather permitting) from next week!

Mental that getting all excited by it. When  you take a step back and think about it all ...

Also just bought an annual family membership for London Zoo, it's quite near us, and we can go as many times as we want, child loves it.  Be a few nice days out, £200, go 3 times, saving money on it.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Horizondave said:

I also read that Greece would offer free tests as they desperately want tourists to come in.  If the test needs to be done before leaving Greece then they may make tests cheap or gratis other wise many may cancel and that is before we even know what light parameter they will be placed in.

I was expecting much more information from the government today but it was literally nothing except to say that a report will be forthcoming looking at all the data before determining what traffic light system a country will belong to.

To be honest there is so much speculation out there I don't see the point in listening to anything that is reported in the media and maybe it is actually worth waiting for real facts, info etc to be advised by Boris and his boys.

£2.6 million spent on the new media centre and they still say rock all    555

• Thumbs Up 1