COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

3 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

I must be in the coffin dodgers bracket and I regularly receive mail from Saga. But the idea of a cruise does not appeal to me one bit. Confined to a ship for days with the only talent being dried up old ladies, smelling of stale piss and playing bingo is not my cup of tea for a post Covid holiday. 😁

Arrived today, I haven’t finished reading the last Saga cruise brochures yet!

Still, all’s right in our house, as the kid had a haircut today, I haven’t and look like a tramp. 🤣

C2FB719C-27AA-4C3A-8523-00CD416365A2.jpeg

Edited by KhunDon
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sangsom said:

Wonder if foxy is still around? He’d be into his 80s now if his clogs haven’t popped.

That older American dude with the big ego who still thought he was a chick magnet was also great to wind up 🎣

GoGoLover. He did post some nice pictures of his conquests. 21 was over the hill for him.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, galenkia said:

All very well them going on about other countries, but we are vaccinating far more of our people than most other countries, so we should be getting back to normal far quicker than them. 

Scientists have had their taste of power and fame and don't want to give it up so are scaremongering and dragging it out as much as possible. 

We are though, there's not too many countries currently opening up like we are, they're mostly locking down, whether it be in Europe, Turkey or Thailand.

Countries that have vaccinated well, like say Gibraltar or Israel are getting back to a sense of normality.

Chile though, would show the folly in doing it too quick, and thinking that's it, all over now. 

It can be done right, as is being shown, and i feel we're currently doing it right. But i agree with the Government urging caution, so as not to have a full free for all, all over, as in what happened in Chile, and fucking it up. 

Patience, your Camden Goth crew will be back together soon ...

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, coxyhog said:

I guess at 67 I'm a coffin dodger but I've never even entertained the idea of a cruise,it just doesn't appeal to me.

Apart from that the missus gets awfully seasick,when we lived on the Isle of Man she used to get in a right old state on the ferries.

I've had some rough crossings with the Steam Racket Company in the 70s and 80s.

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, Sangsom said:

Wonder if foxy is still around? He’d be into his 80s now if his clogs haven’t popped.

That older American dude with the big ego who still thought he was a chick magnet was also great to wind up 🎣

Larry always said he knew Foxy and he was a decent fella in real life 🤣

The other was GogoLover I think haha.

Just now, coxyhog said:

I worked for Manx Airlines on the IoM & had some pretty rough crossings with them as well!

I was taking the ex wife to the TT races in 1978. She was 7 months pregnant so booked her and another lady to fly from Birmingham. Got up to go to Ronaldsway at the crack of dawn to be told the plane didn't land due to fog and diverted to Liverpool. A few hours later I got a call saying she had arrived by ferry!  WTF.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, bob lt said:

I was taking the ex wife to the TT races in 1978. She was 7 months pregnant so booked her and another lady to fly from Birmingham. Got up to go to Ronaldsway at the crack of dawn to be told the plane didn't land due to fog and diverted to Liverpool. A few hours later I got a call saying she had arrived by ferry!  WTF.

I'd finished with Manx Dec 98 & started a new job at Heathrow but my missus was still on the rock flogging her Thai food at a pub.After NY we were both booked on the ferry in my car to go & hand back our rented bungalow & pick up what gear we had left over there.The weather was foul & the ferry was cancelled so I went to Liverpool airport to try & get a flight.Emerald Airways had a flight & we went on that.It was an HS 748,an ancient British heap & was probably the roughest flight I've ever been on,the missus was terrified.

A few years later Emerald were shut down by the UK CAA for safety reasons.

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, roomark said:

What was your old board name?

Brownie, joking I was on Secrets for a few years as Tuborg. I lost interest there soon after the pretty one left but stayed on a short time while the egg guy was at the helm. forum guy was not egg guy's forte.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kathmandu said:

Looking at the UK numbers today..very impressive. France is a disaster and US states like Michigan, Florida, Pennsylvania are not so good. 

Glad to hear uk are doing good,kinda lost touch with it all,and only keepin an eye on los at moment,my mother used to watch nicola sturgeon everyday whilei was in uk,she made me lunch at same time so id see the peeheed talking shite aswell,always taking it 1 step further than boris!surprised about france tho considering vaccine rollout ect.

On 4/14/2021 at 3:16 AM, Krapow said:

We are though, there's not too many countries currently opening up like we are, they're mostly locking down, whether it be in Europe, Turkey or Thailand.

Countries that have vaccinated well, like say Gibraltar or Israel are getting back to a sense of normality.

Chile though, would show the folly in doing it too quick, and thinking that's it, all over now. 

It can be done right, as is being shown, and i feel we're currently doing it right. But i agree with the Government urging caution, so as not to have a full free for all, all over, as in what happened in Chile, and fucking it up. 

Patience, your Camden Goth crew will be back together soon ...

Yawn......They let countries EVERYWHERE relax a bit between lockdowns....If the UK is lockdown free for a full year I will agree with you the worst is over in the UK....

5 hours ago, fforest said:

Depends what one regards as normal. 

Normal is conforming to a standard, usual anf typically expected. But normal has always changed throughout history as social, economic, climatic, scientific changes etc have gradually occurred. 

For instance, male life expectancy during the Roman Empire was 25. Then in the Middle ages it was 33, then 55 early 1900s and 78 today. 

Normal constantly changes. It is inevitable that the Covid Virus has and will change the balance of normal, either short term or even long term, with perhaps yearly vaccines, until appropriate drugs are widely available to treat it successfully or the virus dies out or becomes less harmful. 

In 1918, when the Spanish flu swept parts of the world, then for many, life was far from normal. It passed eventual and the roaring 20s became the new norm. 

If for a while, C19 vaccines become the norm, then we will all have to live with it. Maybe a small price to pay, in getting back to the way life was in 2019. But normal is an ever changing standard and sometimes things have to get worse to get better. 

In the last century alone, there have been a number of recessions both Nationally and Globally. The economy eventually recovered over time. The cost of the Covid virus will effect the next generation probably more than in most of our lifetimes. 

Up until recently our generation was still paying the debts of WW2

The future normal may not be exactly what we might like, but societies will adjust over time. 

That's my opinion, anyway

• Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, Peroni said:

Brownie, joking I was on Secrets for a few years as Tuborg. I lost interest there soon after the pretty one left but stayed on a short time while the egg guy was at the helm. forum guy was not egg guy's forte.

Brownie is posting again on PA. Got out of ASQ last Sunday, just in time to enjoy the bar closures in Pattaya.

10 hours ago, fforest said:

Yawn......They let countries EVERYWHERE relax a bit between lockdowns....If the UK is lockdown free for a full year I will agree with you the worst is over in the UK....

Oh, 'They' again :sarcasm:

Listen Jake Angeli, the day you agree with me on anything, especially anything Covid, is the day i go straight to my Doctor's and demand to be put on a course of proper hardcore anti-psychotic drugs, the like of the which would have knocked Charles Manson clean out of his socks, as i would have quite clearly lost the plot! 

And if you're tired, maybe take a break from those wacko pages and websites about 'they' and 'them', they'll send you even more nuts, if possible ...

Seek help,

Kind Regards

Sigmund Freud

• Haha 3

It is quite obvious that lockdowns do not work after they were introduced to be the be all end all as the solution to the problem at hand as the it has been ongoing for over a year now and will extend out further.

Another thing to rear it's ugly head is that some of the "saviour" vaccines that were rushed onto the market with Authorities saying all have to take it is now causing unnecessary deaths that really should have been avoided.,,, but I am sure we will get some here saying that the deaths of those unfortunate people should just be put down to collateral damage. 

Time to open up and let nature take it's course and people to get their lives back on track. This pandemic has turned out to be the biggest farce known to mankind. 

Time for the people to start asking some pertinent questions to the ones in charge as it has clearly been seen that they have the main stream media in their pocket to spruik whatever idea they come up with next and just want the population to follow along like sheep.... and sadly that seems to be the case.

cheers

Edited by roobob
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Bazle said:

Keep on trolling @roobob, maybe someone will bite 🙂

It seems the trolls are the ones who do not like a different opinion on a topic.... but as I said above...some follow like sheep.

cheers