COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

2 hours ago, coxyhog said:

Yep I was outside a pub on Monday late afternoon & it wasn't cold so long as you stayed in the sun & then I was in the gym on Tuesday & again yesterday.

So although I'm in the gym trying to shed the kg's of Covid induced flab I'm putting it back on in the outside the pub.

Very enjoyable though!

My Daughter just WhatsApp'd me from East Calder (nr Edinburgh) where she was enjoying sitting out in the sunshine which at 15c is classed as subtropical for Scotland.

Some restrictions being lifted and she is back working in her Nursery School which she is apparently enjoying.

I was trying to explain that she can enjoy the sunshine where as at 33c the last thing I can do is sit out in the sun and get sunstroke.

Well I just moved back to Bangsaray for good as I cannot stand not having anybody to speak to in English. So they immediately close all the bars in Pattaya and with outbreaks of Covid happening all over the place in Pattaya all my friends seem to be staying very much close to home during the closure period. I expect we may have a complete lock down immediately following Songkran once the spreaders from Bangkok have all gone home.

Thailand is fast losing its appeal.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Jambo said:

My Daughter just WhatsApp'd me from East Calder (nr Edinburgh) where she was enjoying sitting out in the sunshine which at 15c is classed as subtropical for Scotland.

Some restrictions being lifted and she is back working in her Nursery School which she is apparently enjoying.

I was trying to explain that she can enjoy the sunshine where as at 33c the last thing I can do is sit out in the sun and get sunstroke.

Well I just moved back to Bangsaray for good as I cannot stand not having anybody to speak to in English. So they immediately close all the bars in Pattaya and with outbreaks of Covid happening all over the place in Pattaya all my friends seem to be staying very much close to home during the closure period. I expect we may have a complete lock down immediately following Songkran once the spreaders from Bangkok have all gone home.

Thailand is fast losing its appeal.

Keep yer pecker up mate we went through all that here in the UK it'll get better!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mr. Smooth said:

Thanks, an honest, straight forward answer from someone who lives there. Just what I was asking for and hoping to learn from.

In California, June 15th was the day declared by our idiot Governor where all restrictions on business, concerts, live sporting events, bars, restaurants, would be lifted. But......still gotta wear a mask as mandated by our esteemed Guv. Which to me if you've been vaccinated, defeats the whole purpose of getting back to normal with the vaccine, which is what we have been told by the so-called experts, for the last year. Wearing a mask in public IS NOT NORMAL unless you plan to rob a bank.

I hope to be in a pub myself on June 15th. Happy to hear you blokes are finally able to raise a pint and recover a huge part of your culture, that of the English pub, and the gathering of mates to take the piss out of.

Well done Boris! Well done UK!

Now if we can get the bloody Irish to get that vaccine distributed and opened up, then I can return to that lovely country and enjoy many pints of Guinness in Ziggys Rock and Blues Bar in Cork while listening to some Gary Moore and Rory Gallagher.

Just to expand on what lemondropkid said, we basically had 4 levels/tiers per region. Each tier had it's own level of restrictions and was decided by how many positive covid cases per region. Around the New Year almost every region was tier 4 which meant a full contry lockdown.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mr. Smooth said:

Thanks, an honest, straight forward answer from someone who lives there. Just what I was asking for and hoping to learn from.

In California, June 15th was the day declared by our idiot Governor where all restrictions on business, concerts, live sporting events, bars, restaurants, would be lifted. But......still gotta wear a mask as mandated by our esteemed Guv. Which to me if you've been vaccinated, defeats the whole purpose of getting back to normal with the vaccine, which is what we have been told by the so-called experts, for the last year. Wearing a mask in public IS NOT NORMAL unless you plan to rob a bank.

I hope to be in a pub myself on June 15th. Happy to hear you blokes are finally able to raise a pint and recover a huge part of your culture, that of the English pub, and the gathering of mates to take the piss out of.

Well done Boris! Well done UK!

Now if we can get the bloody Irish to get that vaccine distributed and opened up, then I can return to that lovely country and enjoy many pints of Guinness in Ziggys Rock and Blues Bar in Cork while listening to some Gary Moore and Rory Gallagher.

Thanks

Even though we can drink outdoors, they're are still restrictions, including mask wearing and providing contact details.  So scan a bar code outside of the  pub, mask must be worn indoors(going to the Gents) and table service only. As I best understand the restrictions, this will stay in place still June 26th for us. 

You also can only sit with people from one other household, max of 6 people. It's a little wearing but after 3.5 months without a proper draft ale, we are all just getting on with it.

Very positive news from the Irish's health ministry yesterday that vaccinated people will be allowed entry with no quarantine🥳. I'm keen to get over and see family. I've one family member in very poor health, who I want to see at least one last time.  My second jab is next Friday, so the news from Ireland is extremely welcome.

However we are banned from travelling til May 17th🙂

Still I'm very positive about the upcoming summer.

Edited by Lemondropkid
  • Thumbs Up 1

29 minutes ago, roobob said:

Good to see that some are asking questions and want answers from their authorities. What has happened to some citizens from being allowed to return to their home countries is shocking.

cheers

UN body tells Australia to ‘facilitate and ensure' return of stranded citizens (msn.com)

The ruling, which calls for a response from the Australian government within eight months

34 minutes ago, fygjam said:

The ruling, which calls for a response from the Australian government within eight months

So what.... the article also says that people have been trying to get back to their own country for up to 9 months but have been denied entry due to the restrictions of the number who are allowed to enter.. 

This is what the people who brought the actions are saying....... "which states that "no one shall be arbitrarily deprived of the right to enter his own country".

Time some of these elected Govts realise they are there to represent their citizens,,,,not to rule them.

cheers

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, lazarus said:

For you body Nazis out there...time to lose the "Covid 20" --

One question, answered: I’m vaccinated. Does that mean I can go to the gym now?

Instead of giving a straight yes or no, I’ll say this: Going to an indoor space with other people is still risky right now. But it’s less risky for you if you’re more than two weeks out from your final vaccine dose, which is great news.

If you’re eager to go to the gym, remember that not all gyms are following the same precautions right now, and it’s wise to choose one that’s still being very conscious of transmission. The CDC has laid out some good checklists: Masks and distancing are an absolute must for everyone; ventilation—including HEPA filters and open windows—matters; capacity limits help you maintain social distance. Also keep in mind what you’re doing at the gym. The harder you breathe, the more air and droplets you’ll be exchanging with your environment. And while you’re there, it can’t hurt to clean your hands, face, and the surfaces you touch. As the weather warms up, consider swapping your gym routine for something outdoors, too, whether it’s a class, or a free solo activity such as jogging or biking.

. . .

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2021/03/americans-working-out-return-normal/618280/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=atlantic-daily-newsletter&utm_content=20210415&silverid=%%RECIPIENT_ID%%&utm_term=The Atlantic Daily

I am at the gym now for 6 weeks, and Karen is very happy that I am back.LOL! 

Karen.jpeg

• Haha 5

15 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Sadly it's not in the least surprising.

See this is what happens when you have someone in charge who is against lockdowns, thinks Covid is a farce, wants to let nature take it's course.

66,000 covid deaths last month, they reckon it will be 100,000 this month, from all ages.

But Bolsonaro is not a sheep, so it's all good ...

• Like 2
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, Krapow said:

See this is what happens when you have someone in charge who is against lockdowns, thinks Covid is a farce, wants to let nature take it's course.

66,000 covid deaths last month, they reckon it will be 100,000 this month, from all ages.

The situation in the US has improved exponentially now that the big sheepf*cker was sent back to his personal swamp of misery in S. Florida.

route-fifty-lead-image.jpg

https://people.com/politics/fla-lawmaker-says-maralago-is-being-cavalier-and-careless-about-covid/

Edited by lazarus
buh bye

6 hours ago, Lemondropkid said:

Thanks

Even though we can drink outdoors, they're are still restrictions, including mask wearing and providing contact details.  So scan a bar code outside of the  pub, mask must be worn indoors(going to the Gents) and table service only. As I best understand the restrictions, this will stay in place still June 26th for us. 

You also can only sit with people from one other household, max of 6 people. It's a little wearing but after 3.5 months without a proper draft ale, we are all just getting on with it.

Very positive news from the Irish's health ministry yesterday that vaccinated people will be allowed entry with no quarantine🥳. I'm keen to get over and see family. I've one family member in very poor health, who I want to see at least one last time.  My second jab is next Friday, so the news from Ireland is extremely welcome.

However we are banned from travelling til May 17th🙂

Still I'm very positive about the upcoming summer.

That is very good news. I bet the first sip from that first pint was like tasting the Nectar of the Gods! In the spirit of your late Prince Phillip, it's great that you all are just "getting on with it."

Great to hear about the situation in Ireland and hope you do have the chance to visit with that member of your family who is not well. I bet they would also like to see you a final time as well.

Maybe....just maybe.....2021 can be the re-birth of so much that we took for granted before and hopefully appreciate those simple things in life, like going to a pub or gathering with family, friends, mates, and even board members on certain internet forums.

The simple things are in many ways, the longest lasting. I think thats been missing in our lives for too long.

Time has come for all of us  to "get on with it."

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mr. Smooth said:

That is very good news. I bet the first sip from that first pint was like tasting the Nectar of the Gods! In the spirit of your late Prince Phillip, it's great that you all are just "getting on with it."

Great to hear about the situation in Ireland and hope you do have the chance to visit with that member of your family who is not well. I bet they would also like to see you a final time as well.

Maybe....just maybe.....2021 can be the re-birth of so much that we took for granted before and hopefully appreciate those simple things in life, like going to a pub or gathering with family, friends, mates, and even board members on certain internet forums.

The simple things are in many ways, the longest lasting. I think thats been missing in our lives for too long.

Time has come for all of us  to "get on with it."

Idaho wants YOU. ^ Move to Buhl and "get on with it."

Idaho House passes bill banning government face mask mandates

https://www.ktvb.com/article/news/local/208/idaho-house-bill-ban-government-mask-mandate/277-6bacf57b-4e9d-4c4c-8083-c09097e5376e

9 hours ago, Krapow said:

Unfortunately many think like that. Even posters on this very forum, unbelievable I know but true.

They also ignore the fact that of the 128 currently active cases nationwide in one country 127 cases were imported from overseas and say "open the borders, let's import more cases".

On 4/15/2021 at 9:50 PM, roobob said:

It is quite obvious that lockdowns do not work after they were introduced to be the be all end all as the solution to the problem at hand as the it has been ongoing for over a year now and will extend out further.

Time to open up and let nature take it's course and people to get their lives back on track. This pandemic has turned out to be the biggest farce known to mankind. 

Suez Canal blockage and COVID-19 blamed for garden gnome shortage

Fears the Suez Canal blockage would impact global supply chains have been realised with the disappearance of a hot lockdown commodity.

Supply chain issues caused by the blockage of the Suez Canal and the COVID-19 pandemic
have led to the shortage of a surprising item in hot demand — garden gnomes.

Garden gnomes have seen a spike in popularity in the UK as homeowners turn to gardening
and outdoor renovations to pass the time during ongoing lockdowns.

But the heavy demand, coupled with the recent blockage of the Suez Canal by cargo
vessel Ever Given — which caused global trade delays — has led to an unfortunate
nationwide shortage of the beloved outdoor ornaments.

Ian Byrne from Highfield Garden World in Whitminster, in England’s west, told the BBC
the gardening retailer “hadn’t seen a gnome in six months”.

“There aren’t any. There’s definitely a shortage,” he said.

Meanwhile, in Western Australia...

Gnomesville in The Ferguson Valley | Wellington Mill WA

https://www.gnomesville.com.au/

Eat your heart out Poms.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, fygjam said:

Unfortunately many think like that. Even posters on this very forum, unbelievable I know but true.

They also ignore the fact that of the 128 currently active cases nationwide in one country 127 cases were imported from overseas and say "open the borders, let's import more cases".

Why talk in riddles.... why not just name the country straight up.

Yes many believe that lockdowns are not the be all end all..... unfortunately many think that is the only way to go and do not want to look at alternatives. Even posters on this very forum, unbelievable I know but true.

cheers

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, roobob said:

Why talk in riddles.... why not just name the country straight up.

Yes many believe that lockdowns are not the be all end all..... unfortunately many think that is the only way to go and do not want to look at alternatives. Even posters on this very forum, unbelievable I know but true.

cheers

Well I can tell you it's not Brazil, a country which at present is implementing your ideal solution. Open up and let 'er rip, I wonder if the Brazilians think their lives are back on track. Net result, 67,000 daily cases (7 day rolling average), over 1 million currently infected, 2,870 daily deaths (7 day rolling average) and 370,000 total deaths.

And when you have infection running out of control you get more mutations.

RIO DE JANEIRO (Reuters) - Brazil’s P1 coronavirus variant, behind a deadly COVID-19 surge
in the Latin American country that has raised international alarm, is mutating in ways that could
make it better able to evade antibodies, according to scientists studying the virus.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-brazil-variant/brazils-p1-coronavirus-variant-mutating-may-become-more-dangerous-study-idUSKBN2C11XX

You might just get your hidden desire with the "saviour" vaccines being rendered useless quicker than you could have even hoped for.

On 4/15/2021 at 9:50 PM, roobob said:

Time to open up and let nature take it's course and people to get their lives back on track. This pandemic has turned out to be the biggest farce known to mankind. 

9 hours ago, coxyhog said:

From what I've been reading we'll be getting another lockdown in the UK pretty soon.

India still not on the red list of countries so people coming over in droves & only being asked to self isolate.

I was watching Sky news, the ticker said that the new variant could "scupper" the UK roadmap. Part of the issue is thousands of people heading over to the UK from India before it becomes a Red country, thereby bringing along with them some nice incubated strains of covid to spread in their households where they don't, as a rule, bother to self isolate.

Edited by Butch

13 minutes ago, Butch said:

I was watching Sky news, the ticker said that the new variant could "scupper" the UK roadmap. Part of the issue is thousands of people heading over to the UK from India before it becomes a Red country, thereby bringing along with them some nice incubated strains of covid to spread in their households where they don't, as a rule, bother to self isolate.

Boris is due to go to India soon on a trade trip.....

• Haha 1