COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

On 8/20/2021 at 10:10 AM, roobob said:

but I believe that the people have the right to make the choice of what vaccine they want to take and when they want to take it.

Myself...I will not take a Chinese vaccine......I will wait to get a vaccine of my choice when it is is available...

On 9/11/2021 at 10:58 AM, roobob said:

I will not take a chinese vaccine and I will wait until I can get the vaccine of my choice when it is available. When I choose the vaccine I will look at taking, I will talk with my Dr about it and if I am then happy with the information I have gathered I will then get vaccinated.

And all I did was wait until the vaccine of my choice was available...

Fuking trolling hypocrite!

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, fygjam said:

And all I did was wait until the vaccine of my choice was available...

Fuking trolling hypocrite!

You have been belittling anyone who was hesitant in taking the vaccine from day one. As said...go and look at your posts on this topic..... you have been one of the main vaccinator's soapbox mouthpiece..... but at least the other vaccinators  practised what they preached...they rolled up their sleeve and got the jab....unlike you.

You have had access to recommended vaccines for awhile... ones endorsed by your beloved WA Premier but all you have done is belittle others for not getting the jab and instead of practising what you preach ...all you have done was refused to rollup your sleeve and get the jab yourself.

The only one here who is...in your words.....  a Fuking trolling hypocrite!..... is you and you alone. 

cheers

Edited by roobob
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

They interviewed some students this morning on TV as the universities get back in full swing. Most admitted (and were proud) that they had had their first jab at least and many were waiting for it. They all had a reason for the jab which seemed to stem from protection of themselves, their loved ones and to facilitate the return of some form of normality for their education, the economy and the lives of those around them.

They then asked this girl if she had had the jab and her reply was sure to instill confidence that the right stuff is being taught at the highest echelons of our education system -  'I don't see the point in getting it'.

I was blown away by her deeply thought out and intelligent reasoning.....wow.  

Edited by Horizondave
  • Like 4

Meanwhile...in the USA...

If You Got the Moderna Vaccine, You're Less Likely to End Up Hospitalized With COVID Than Those Who Got Pfizer or J&J

https://sfist.com/2021/09/17/if-you-got-the-moderna-vaccine-youre-less-likely-to-end-up-hospitalized-with-covid-than-those-who-got-pfizer-or-j-j/

The Centers for Disease Control has just released results from a head-to-head study of all three COVID-19 vaccines available in the U.S., and Moderna's comes out on top when it comes to effectiveness.

The study, conducted nationwide between March and August, looked at 3,689 vaccinated adults who were hospitalized with COVID-19, as well as checking for antibodies in the blood of 100 healthy volunteers. And while all three vaccines were found to offer "substantial" protection against severe disease and hospitalization, one of the three came out on top with a slight edge, as CNN reports. The Moderna vaccine was found to be 93% effective at keeping people out of hospitals, with the Pfizer vaccine being 88% effective.

"Among U.S. adults without immunocompromising conditions, vaccine effectiveness against COVID-19 hospitalization during March 11--August 15, 2021, was higher for the Moderna vaccine (93%) than the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine (88%) and the Janssen vaccine (71%)," the CDC wrote in a weekly update.

"Although these real-world data suggest some variation in levels of protection by vaccine, all FDA-approved or authorized COVID-19 vaccines provide substantial protection against COVID-19 hospitalization."...

• Like 1

I consider myself to be a fairly logical person but sometimes swayed by emotions. Unless, of course when in Pattaya, where my cock tends to make most of my decisions 😊

If I had yet to be vaccinated, I would weigh up the pros and cons

For instance 

PROS

I am in a higher risk group and protection may help my survival should I contract the Virus

Many people I know have had it and glad they did

The Vaccines have been tested and approved by the NHS and the British Government and WHO and deemed to be safe. 

I have nothing to lose

Not much different to having my annual Flu jab

Figures show that those who have been vaccinated are less likely to need hospital treatment than those who have not

It may help me avoid certain travel restrictions

CONS

I might feel ill for a couple of days after and my arm may hurt a little or I could have an allergic reaction. 

I may not be suitable for the vaccine

WHERE WOULD I SEEK FURTHER ADVICE? 

My doctor or another medical professional including which Vaccine might be the best for me or the most effective and whether I have a choice? 

NHS online

Valid medical studies carried out since the vaccine roll out

Talk to friends and relatives who have been vaccinated

Will it kill me or cause a life threatening condition? 

That said, an Antivaxer may have a completely different checklist, depending on what their information sources are or simply chosing to ignore any advice or evidence, or be persuaded by Antivaxers on Social Media

Or that Covid 19 is a hoax, therefore no need for a vaccine

It may be based upon an emotional or political reaction

It would be interesting to see what an Antivaxer's checklist of pros and cons would look like 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Booked my Dad in for his booster next week , he's 80+ 

I'm in the 50+ category but will be doing mine as soon as available 

Not so sure I want the booster all sorts of questions running round in my head (iv no problem with it 12 months after the 2nd) 

Never had a vax where you had to have 3 jabs in a year before ..

Also the jab for the kids (12 to 15 in U.K ) my sons school are starting to do them in a few weeks , but all the different scientists are telling stories of Myocarditis and long term affects on the heart I don't know WTF to do apart from keep him off.

1 hour ago, Nightcrawler said:

It would be interesting to see what an Antivaxer's checklist of pros and cons would look like 

Sadly though the Antivaxers checklist consists of disinformation, speculation, opinion and little or no useful, verifiable and relevant facts.

Any facts that are presented are always a singular or unusual case, backed up by someone looking miserable because they fall into the very small percentile that sadly has debilitating or worse side effects, the same side effects that a small percentile will get with ANY vaccine because no vaccine is 100% safe nor effective, but I'll take 98% efficacy over nothing.

The argument will always be "pro vaxxers are the sheeple following the Govt agenda of controlling the population through vaccines" with absolutely nothing to back it up. It will always present the "whataboutism" that leads onto an unrelated and totally unjustified further argument, such as:

By getting vaccinated you are bending to the will of the Govt. No, you're not, you are being allowed to make a decision based entirely upon your own freedom of choice. By not taking that choice your life becomes restricted because we live in a society that needs to function and get back to functioning properly, you can choose to wait it out (ironically if the vaccine was a death sentence, there would be no one else to run the infrastructure so the AV's will be back in the stone age anyway) or choose to get a jab and help society move forward and also protect those around you.

There has been so much media disinformation, inaccuracy and lies spread about this Virus, the vaccine and everything connected to it, I understand why some may see it as a very insidious and dangerous choice to make, but the very fact a lot of the UK population have had it for more than 6 months now with no ill effects and the data tells us that it reduces deaths and hospitalisations from C-19 should at least tell us something.

For my own part, I still believe that this is a weaponised virus which somehow got released or escaped. That's the only "conspiracy" part that I strongly believe, regardless of which, I still think we're doing a damn good job in defeating it.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

7 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

This Thread is getting way too personal. 

I understand only too well that the subject of vaccination, is controversial but the majority of people see it as the way forward, until perhaps there is a time when when effective treatments come on stream, or the virus evaporates or both can be an option. 

Right now, the options are limited. We can only go forward from this point on. If vaccines limit the number of deaths, hospitalisation and spread of the virus, and pave the way to fully opening up societies again then, like it or not that is where we are. 

Everyone is Free to make decisions, but with those decisions may come consequences. In reality, none of us are totally free to do absolutely what we want and never have been. That comes with civilisation and law and order. 

As far as this Forum topic and Covid discussion is concerned, I don't think there is much of an issue to persuade members to have or not have  Covid vaccination shot. I suspect that minds were made up months ago. 

There are two different arguments taking place. It is rather pointless for antivaxers to target those who have already been vaxinated or who intend to get vaxinated. 

So far there is little evidence to suggest that vaccinations cause more harm than Covid, or that they are part is a super plan to control world populations along with dozens of debunked conspiracy theories being peddled on Social Media platforms

There is currently no laws to force those who are eligible to be vaccinated. But as we have seen, more recently, there are laws, that restrict unvaxinated people in certain aspects of society. Like it or not, that is likely to be adopted in many countries where the vaccination rate is below 70 % for example, whilst the current pandemic is still very present and numbers of infections still on the increase. 

Vaxinations are for the benefit of humanity as a whole and we all have a role to play in fighting the virus, protecting our fellow citizens and ourselves and reducing the spread of infection by whatever means are at our disposal. 

Doing nothing, is not an option. 

I think that everyone can agree, that Vaccines are the way forward, to open up International travel again, avoid lockdowns and keep the wheels of industry in motion. 

If it were the case that everyone was willing to cooperate, and that a choice of vaccines were readily  available to everyone, I believe that we would be much further down the road than we currently are in global terms.  Ut for now, different countries are at different levels. 

We can argue the toss, till the cows come home, but the dye has been set and only reversed when Covid is no longer a major global threat to humanity. 

The culprit for taking away many of our freedoms is the Covid Virus. The invisible enemy. It is not eachother we should be fighting or apportioning blame to but the common enemy, Covid 19 and is variant brothers in arms. 

If a large asteroid was heading toward planet earth, and likely to cause the extinction of life on our planet, would be arguing about how we felt about it, or look to governments, scientist and experts to find a solution to divert catastrophe? 

Whatever the nay sayers and antivaxers may come up with is now irrelevant. In the absence of any hard, proven facts to promote their cause. It's a complete waste of time IMO and only contributes to slowing down vaccination roll outs. 

There is point in arguing, and the vaccine program will continue, with or without them, and whatever restrictions that may or may not be imposed on social access. 

Covid 19 has been a global disaster which has negatively affected nearly everyone on the planet. Regional natural disasters are common place, but we cannot control the weather, we cannot control earthquakes, but we can try to protect those who are vulnerable in their paths of distraction. 

We may never be able eradicate Covid 19 and in years to come there will be more viral threats arising. But we can do our best to protect those who are vulnerable. And that, is most of the world. 

I was going to write a response to this well thought out and written post. But, I hesitated. My initial words that came to the tips of my fingers were I suppose a bit harsh (an sleight understatement). Not directed to what you have to say here, but in response to the anti vaxx inbreds.

During my short pause I came across the attached video from a Youtube guy I listen to often - Jesse Dolemore. Take him or leave him.....  but I tend to think he is usually sport on with most of his analysis, and he is well informed and well spoken.

The bottom line ---- Sure, the anti vaxxers have a right to believe what they do. But stay the f**k away from me and never expect that I will take lightly a personal threat to my health or safety. And don't ever expect me to back down for my right to protect myself against any type of threat or assault (which is what I consider some of their efforts) without harsh and overwhelming response. 

3 hours ago, roomark said:

Not so sure I want the booster all sorts of questions running round in my head (iv no problem with it 12 months after the 2nd) 

Never had a vax where you had to have 3 jabs in a year before ..

Also the jab for the kids (12 to 15 in U.K ) my sons school are starting to do them in a few weeks , but all the different scientists are telling stories of Myocarditis and long term affects on the heart I don't know WTF to do apart from keep him off.

You never had your Hep jabs before Thailand?

They're recommended for anywhere in Asia.

Hep A is 2 jabs in 6 months.

Hep B is 3 jabs in 6 months. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Krapow said:

I had both of those when I first travelled to Asia as well as typhoid and diphtheria.

Also a tetanus top up.

5 hours ago, Krapow said:

I had Twinrix combination A+B for hep.

image.png

A month after the third jab you get an antibody test. If they can't detect hep antibodies you do it again.

Rabies, pre exposure 3 jabs, post exposure 5 jabs. For people with a high risk of exposure, working in a lab, animal control, they measure your antibody levels monthly and if they are below a certain value they jab you again.

11 hours ago, boydeste said:

I had both of those when I first travelled to Asia as well as typhoid and diphtheria.

Also a tetanus top up.

Me too.

I had the whole range of vaccinations before my first trip to Thailand and follow up jags before the second all for free on the NHS. 

The doctor also gave my my annual Flu jag but I was charged for that the logic of which I questioned at the time.

By an amazing coincidence, I yesterday received a letter from the NHS in Scotland advising me that an appointment had been made for me at 14:50 on 30th September at my local Health Center for a "Free FLU VACCINE". I will definitely be attending and am both very surprised and grateful to receive this unsolicited communication.

Edited by Jambo

13 hours ago, Krapow said:

No never had them (though now I'm going to look 🤣)

Good to know , but I'm still in a predicament as far as my son goes