COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

33 minutes ago, maipenrai said:

I could do a cheaper journey to Thailand via Hong Kong but declined to even consider the route. It seems the deal is that when a certain number of covid positive passengers arrive from a particular airline then that airline can be prohibited from  operating for a set amount of time. That policy could affect you right up to departure of your airline so Hong Kong transit was a total no no for consideration.

• Great Info 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Horizondave said:

I could do a cheaper journey to Thailand via Hong Kong but declined to even consider the route. It seems the deal is that when a certain number of covid positive passengers arrive from a particular airline then that airline can be prohibited from  operating for a set amount of time. That policy could affect you right up to departure of your airline so Hong Kong transit was a total no no for consideration.

I don't think I will consider it myself next time - it was HKG that forced me to re-book through Inchon to get home when this whole thing started last year, and now they're at it again; maybe I'll route through Inchon or Narita for my next trip, whenever that happens to be...

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, maipenrai said:

I don't think I will consider it myself next time - it was HKG that forced me to re-book through Inchon to get home when this whole thing started last year, and now they're at it again; maybe I'll route through Inchon or Narita for my next trip, whenever that happens to be...

I think the safest bet would be routing through South Korea these days...

1 hour ago, Starshine said:

@roobob @fforest

Analyse that

Ha ha ha..... why are the partially vaccinated figures excluded from this...... or are they put into the unvaccinated figures...lol.

Maybe both of you should read the small print..... oh dear ...speculation by misrepresentation of figures.

Oh...are they talking about people whose cause of death was actually the virus.... not any other medical condition???

cheers

22 minutes ago, roobob said:

Ha ha ha..... why are the partially vaccinated figures excluded from this...... or are they put into the unvaccinated figures...lol.

Maybe both of you should read the small print..... oh dear ...speculation by misrepresentation of figures.

Oh...are they talking about people whose cause of death was actually the virus.... not any other medical condition???

cheers

🤡

4 hours ago, roobob said:

cheers

:default_239_fishing::default_239_fishing::default_239_fishing:

2 hours ago, Kathmandu said:

:default_239_fishing::default_239_fishing::default_239_fishing:

Methinks upcountry... 

... *some* people will die of stupidity and pre-pay the village headman a lot of greasy baht to list cause of death as Covid in order to save face. 🥵

Edited by lazarus
lol
  • Haha 2

On 1/17/2022 at 7:49 AM, maipenrai said:

Jap's have tightened up also, but I'm assuming can still connect on flights (not sure). Closing down HK will surely cut down on available flights from the U.S., I'd reckon....

• Confused 1

Unvaccinated Czech singer Hana Horka dies days after getting Covid-19 on purpose

“Her philosophy was that she was more okay with the idea of catching Covid than getting vaccinated.”

He told reporter Ben Tobias his mother would not listen when family members tried to persuade her to get the vaccine and said he wanted to share his family’s story in the hope of convincing others to take the Covid threat seriously

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/entertainment/covid-19-unvaccinated-czech-singer-hana-horka-dies-days-after-getting-covid-19-on-purpose/HTGLT2PD4O3V6E4CUGJS6JRLKA/

• Sad 2

3 hours ago, Zeb said:

Unvaccinated Czech singer Hana Horka dies days after getting Covid-19 on purpose

“Her philosophy was that she was more okay with the idea of catching Covid than getting vaccinated.”

He told reporter Ben Tobias his mother would not listen when family members tried to persuade her to get the vaccine and said he wanted to share his family’s story in the hope of convincing others to take the Covid threat seriously

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/entertainment/covid-19-unvaccinated-czech-singer-hana-horka-dies-days-after-getting-covid-19-on-purpose/HTGLT2PD4O3V6E4CUGJS6JRLKA/

Another pointless death driven by foolish beliefs... R.I.P

• Like 2