COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

1 hour ago, fygjam said:

We have enough homegrown nutcases thank you. And they were at it again today.

Trouble is the majority of nutcases in Australia are not homegrown.

They are 20 quid imports...clayton aussies.... ring ins....etc...etc.

Let's hope Alex Hawke keeps doing a good job like his predecessor.... and piss them all off.

Be careful mate....you may get a knock on the door...555

cheers

4 hours ago, galenkia said:

Looks like this insane idea is getting binned, and rightly so. NHS is already massively under staffed so f**k knows how anyone thought this was a good idea. 

Especially now Covid is losing its potency now majority are vaccinated and people are building up a natural immunity anyway. 

_122940808_i-nc.png

Nearly all these things are a ploy, coercion, whatever you want to call it, in the UK anyway.

I don't agree with mandates or anyone being forced to get injected with something they don't want. Ethically i think it's wrong, nevermind counterproductive, or fueling the conspiracy mob etc

There are other, better ways to do it. 

I'm all for personal responsibility and choice, but as an adult, when you make choice, you must then accept that like everything else, there will be consequences depending on your choice. Like when you're in a global pandemic, if you then choose not to get vaccinated, then you better accept you'll probably get restricted in what you can do or go for very obvious reasons. Up to you, farang!

Though i wouldn't want to live anywhere where they mandated vaccines. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, galenkia said:

Like permanently. 

Who ever thought sacking a load of staff from an understaffed and under funded health service should be the one heading to the dole queue. 

It's the most stupid thing they have suggested so far, a U turn that is gratefully received methinks.  

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Good luck to the Government /Companies getting people back to work and away from the cushy little life at home that they have had for the last 2 years. 🤣

They should take the same stance the Government did in forcing NHS staff to vaccinate. Either get back to work or be sacked. 

_122950122_408f4106-c932-4dc2-9d0a-4b7fc14b645c.png

25 minutes ago, Jambo said:

There is a headline in today's newspaper:

"92 Week wait  for NHS (Scotland) Eye Operation."

It is referring specifically to cataract operations.

Back log of 8 million appointments apparently. 

Gonna take some time to clear those.

Sack the unvaccinated staff!!. 

🙄

Edited by galenkia
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jambo said:

My eye Dept in a county hospital has a waiting list of that length and that is only to be put on the waiting list to go on the waiting list. 
I’m not joking. 😡

Oh no, the antivaxxers are lying.

Again!

Well what else are ya gunna do if you don't have facts.

Truth about 7-year-old boy who ‘died after receiving Covid-19 vaccine’

A Sydney father claimed his son died in an ambulance days after being vaccinated against Covid-19 — but one part of his story proves it isn’t as it seems.

A Sydney father’s declaration that his “beautiful” seven-year-old son died in the back of an ambulance of a “massive heart attack” days after receiving his Covid-19 vaccine has been labelled a hoax by authorities after sleuths noticed something was wrong with the man’s Facebook page.

https://www.news.com.au/technology/online/social/truth-about-7yearold-boy-who-died-after-receiving-covid19-vaccine/news-story/ed87f1ebe487978ea7f61c29dee6e455

Perhaps ff or the roob.. can tell us why the antivaxxers need to continually lie.

13 hours ago, KhunDon said:

My eye Dept in a county hospital has a waiting list of that length and that is only to be put on the waiting list to go on the waiting list. 
I’m not joking. 😡

I have been on a waiting list for 6 months now and that is just for a first exploratory meeting to see what is wrong with my right eye. It followed a routine eye test where they found a problem they considered needed investigation and sent a referral to my local eye hospital.

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, Jambo said:

I had mine done in Rayong. As I was having some minor problems went to a clinic in Rayong and had laser treatment on both eyes  within half an hour. Now, no longer need glasses at all after wearing them for 50 + years

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jambo said:

I have been on a waiting list for 6 months now and that is just for a first exploratory meeting to see what is wrong with my right eye. It followed a routine eye test where they found a problem they considered needed investigation and sent a referral to my local eye hospital.

The consultant in this Eye department is the daughter of Jeffery Howe, the Chancellor of the Exchequer who got up in Parliament and savaged Thatcher in his resignation speech. I had dealings with her a few years ago and she was fantastic, nothing was too much trouble to her. But over the intervening years they have had serious problems getting other doctors to work there and it’s got to the point that 2-3years on a waiting list is the norm. 
I have a cataract in one eye, so it’s looking like I’ll have to go private for a price of £3k and I could get it done in 2 weeks. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jambo said:

Have you tried making a private appointment with a consultant; the cost would be around the £250 mark; if further treatment  necessary you can then transfer onto the NHS.  

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1

35 minutes ago, john luke said:

Have you tried making a private appointment with a consultant; the cost would be around the £250 mark; if further treatment  necessary you can then transfer onto the NHS.  

I have a friend who went for a private consultant for £265 as he had lost his driving license due to minor cataracts in both eyes.
After the consultation, he was offered a private operation at £2.6k for each eye, or a referral to the NHS.

After checking with the same NHS hospital eye department appointments  department I mentioned above, he was told he would go onto the Pre-waiting list for at least a year, then onto the surgical waiting list after a minimum of another year. That’s why he went private at a company in Southampton. 
His main problem actually started after he’d had both eyes done privately, as the DVLA is so far behind with the re issue of driving license’s on medical grounds. He’s waited for over 6 months after getting a medical fitness letter from the eye surgeon, to get his license back.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, john luke said:

That is a very good suggestion and one I had not previously considered.

I had a thorough eye test prior to being able to simply buy my usual contact lenses when I returned to the UK. That eye test discovered something at the back of my right eye which would cause me problems if it gets larger but appears not to do so currently. The optician considered it needed further investigation hence the hospital referral.

At the time the waiting list just for a visit to the local Opticians for my contact lenses was three months but I was lucky to obtain a cancellation the following week.

• Like 1