COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

13 minutes ago, roomark said:

@roobobHaving been in Thailand now myself ..

Genuine question are you not a bit worried living there you are going to get left behind because sooner or later you are probably going to need the vax for travel and maybe even province to province and even for your visa?

While I totally respect @roobob choice to not vaccinate, it's not making his life easier in regards to freedom to do things like travel etc.

One of the main reasons I chose to vaccinate was to give me more freedom from restrictions. I can do everything , like gig's, football etc without constant tests and all that hassle.

Yes, you are also getting the protection, but the freedom was the overriding factor for me. And for someone like @roobob living in a country like Thailand, you want to make life as easy as possible as it's enough aggro for foreigners there at normal times, never mind under COVID rules.

Edited by galenkia
  • Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

2nd negative (1 line) test in a row, so now free!

First test was this day last week, Sunday, positive, got my first negative yesterday, Saturday. So that's 5 full days after first positive to get the negative, followed by another next day (today), now no more to do all as per the current 'rules'. 

It's actually even better timing than Novak's positive, 4 months until we hope to go to Thailand, so won't show up on a PCR, and have all sorts of immunity now.  If you've a positive within 3 months, you can use the confirmation as it might still show up on a PCR.

Off down to Spitalfields City Farm this afternoon, Brick Lane, Spitalfields Market, use a Groupon at a Greek place we bought for. Then gym tomorrow night.

Covid 19 Survivors Club 

1578363959_Dancingguy.gif.fec396d4e3643ae18df4d1ed58e2aff6.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, roomark said:

Genuine question are you not a bit worried living there you are going to get left behind because sooner or later you are probably going to need the vax for travel and maybe even province to province and even for your visa?

@roobobhas not left issan since he came down from Mount Sinai with his tablets of stone

Rembrandt-Moses-oil-painting-Tables-of-the-1659.jpg

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Starshine said:

@roobobhas not left issan since he came down from Mount Sinai with his tablets of stone

It wasn't a dig at him just a genuine question and my reasoning for getting vaxxed was very similar to @galenkia too.

Having been in LOS now you really are gonna get nowhere without proof of vax unless you go nowhere or are an illegal 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, roomark said:

To answer your question mate...no...at the moment not worried at all. 

I am heading to Bkk on Tuesday as I have to visit the Aussie Embassy about applying for a new passport. I am flying with Air Asia so before I made an appointment with the Embassy I contacted Air Asia and asked if you have not been vaccinated can you travel for a Domestic flight and do I need a test to show I am negative. The answer..no problem... just book and off you go.

I also did my 90 Day report last week and I am due again to renew my retirement visa. I  asked do I have to be vaxed to do so...the reply was at this present time...No.

Mate...inter provincial travel has not been an issue for a far while. At first they put restrictions in but overall up in Issan...life has been pretty close to normal as normal can be.

Hope you and family are well.

cheers 

i

9 hours ago, galenkia said:

While I totally respect @roobob choice to not vaccinate, it's not making his life easier in regards to freedom to do things like travel etc.

One of the main reasons I chose to vaccinate was to give me more freedom from restrictions. I can do everything , like gig's, football etc without constant tests and all that hassle.

Yes, you are also getting the protection, but the freedom was the overriding factor for me. And for someone like @roobob living in a country like Thailand, you want to make life as easy as possible as it's enough aggro for foreigners there at normal times, never mind under COVID rules.

Good post Gal and thanks for the reply. I understand where you are coming from and from your point of view I can see/understand why you got vaccinated.

My life here has not changed that much even being un vaccinated,,,, yes I have to wear a mask when I go shopping.. yes I have to sign in...yes I have to get temperature checked.... very minor things to get those services... but I can still go to a bar...still go out to eat...still get a beer.

Gal...I have lived here for over a decade.... unlike some who post up...I love the place.... if I did not like it or continually complain about the place I would pack up and go home or elsewhere because seriously why stay somewhere if you did not and can move on. 

cheers

5 hours ago, Starshine said:

Again the stalker comes out.

Seriously...what is your problem??

Whenever I post up or someone quotes my post you magically appear out of the woodwork.

You don't like my posts...put me on ignore.... as you are a prime example along with a few of your mates why some good posters do not post up any more.

cheers 

Edited by roobob
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, roobob said:

I am heading to Bkk on Tuesday as I have to visit the Aussie Embassy about applying for a new passport. I am flying with Air Asia so before I made an appointment with the Embassy I contacted Air Asia and asked if you have not been vaccinated can you travel for a Domestic flight and do I need a test to show I am negative. The answer..no problem... just book and off you go.

I also did my 90 Day report last week and I am due again to renew my retirement visa. I  asked do I have to be vaxed to do so...the reply was at this present time...No.

Mate...inter provincial travel has not been an issue for a far while. At first they put restrictions in but overall up in Issan...life has been pretty close to normal as normal can be.

cheers 

i

Again the stalker comes out.

Seriously...what is your problem??

Whenever I post up or someone quotes my post you magically appear out of the woodwork.

You don't like my posts...put me on ignore.... as you are a prime example along with a few of your mates why some good posters do not post up any more.

cheers 

And whom are these 'good posters' that do not post anymore?

List please

1 hour ago, roobob said:

...My life here has not changed that much even being un vaccinated,,,, yes I have to wear a mask when I go shopping.. yes I have to sign in...yes I have to get temperature checked.... very minor things to get those services... but I can still go to a bar...still go out to eat...still get a beer.

👍 Same here where I live in the US, except...

I'm vaccinated x3, no temp checks, don't have to sign in anywhere, and masks only indoors at public establishments (except while eating and/or drinking). But...no indoor eating and drinking w/o a vax x2 card.

And...it's getting much more freer for "stable" people who are vaccinated x3...

. . .

S.F. to drop mask mandate for offices and gyms — with new vaccination twist

https://www.sfchronicle.com/health/article/S-F-lifts-indoor-mask-requirement-for-offices-16811182.php

San Francisco will lift indoor mask requirements Tuesday for offices, gyms and other places where stable groups of vaccinated people gather — bringing the city’s mask rules for these settings back to what they were in December, before the omicron variant of the coronavirus skyrocketed to dominance.

This time, everyone in those settings must also have received booster shots, if eligible, to go maskless. Before the omicron wave, people had to be fully vaccinated but not boosted. Starting Feb. 1, those who are fully vaccinated but not boosted will have to keep masks on.

Also starting then, people who are unvaccinated because of a medical or religious exemption can enter these cloistered settings, as well other places that require proof of vaccination such as restaurants and bars, as long as they show proof of a negative test and wear a mask. The negative result must be within two days for a PCR test and one day for an antigen test, and must be verified by a health care provider.

The changes, announced by San Francisco health officials Thursday, come as the omicron surge tapers locally, with new cases in the city steadily declining and hospitals maintaining capacity. It could portend further easing of local virus restrictions — at least in areas such as San Francisco where high booster rates mean most of the population is protected against severe illness and death — that gradually give way to people’s personal risk assessments as COVID becomes endemic...

... About 82% of all San Franciscans are fully vaccinated, and 63% of those eligible for boosters have gotten them. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, lazarus said:

👍 Same here where I live in the US, except...

I'm vaccinated x3, no temp checks, don't have to sign in anywhere, and masks only indoors at public establishments (except while eating and/or drinking). But...no indoor eating and drinking w/o a vax x2 card.

And...it's getting much more freer for "stable" people who are vaccinated x3...

. . .

S.F. to drop mask mandate for offices and gyms — with new vaccination twist

https://www.sfchronicle.com/health/article/S-F-lifts-indoor-mask-requirement-for-offices-16811182.php

San Francisco will lift indoor mask requirements Tuesday for offices, gyms and other places where stable groups of vaccinated people gather — bringing the city’s mask rules for these settings back to what they were in December, before the omicron variant of the coronavirus skyrocketed to dominance.

This time, everyone in those settings must also have received booster shots, if eligible, to go maskless. Before the omicron wave, people had to be fully vaccinated but not boosted. Starting Feb. 1, those who are fully vaccinated but not boosted will have to keep masks on.

Also starting then, people who are unvaccinated because of a medical or religious exemption can enter these cloistered settings, as well other places that require proof of vaccination such as restaurants and bars, as long as they show proof of a negative test and wear a mask. The negative result must be within two days for a PCR test and one day for an antigen test, and must be verified by a health care provider.

The changes, announced by San Francisco health officials Thursday, come as the omicron surge tapers locally, with new cases in the city steadily declining and hospitals maintaining capacity. It could portend further easing of local virus restrictions — at least in areas such as San Francisco where high booster rates mean most of the population is protected against severe illness and death — that gradually give way to people’s personal risk assessments as COVID becomes endemic...

... About 82% of all San Franciscans are fully vaccinated, and 63% of those eligible for boosters have gotten them. 

So what... I was asked about my situation situation here in Thailand where I am on the ground and what is going on.

Good luck to you...you decided to get vaccinated...same as Gal and roomark,,,, but at least they respect others decision on vaccination unlike you.

I am here in Thailand...I asked you before....when was the last time you were here or in fact have you ever been??

cheers  

6 minutes ago, lazarus said:

Sorry about your fear of needles. must be hard  (or soft in your case)... 🐶

2019...view from my house...20150807-20150807-IMG_1615.jpg

Err...your point.

So the view was in 2019 ....it is now 2022.... have you moved on...555..

cheers

5 minutes ago, roobob said:

Err...your point.

So the view was in 2019 ....it is now 2022.... have you moved on...555..

cheers

Stopped traveling due to Covid. Will travel again after Covid (no testing, tracking & ins. reqs.)

Better places (for us) to be than in TH right now.

Now...troll on roob. You know you want to. 

51 minutes ago, roomark said:

In my case short price to pay to get back out there and get on with my life.

I often wonder where the world would be, if the scientists hadn't found several vaccines, and the majority hadn't decided to take it.

Fortunately the scientists did, and the majority did their own research and got jabbed, and so the answers are just pure speculation...

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

9 minutes ago, Painter said:

I often wonder where the world would be, if the scientists hadn't found several vaccines, and the majority hadn't decided to take it.

Fortunately the scientists did, and the majority did their own research and got jabbed, and so the answers are just pure speculation...

Unfortunately, the unvaccinated are just as good a petri dishes for new Covid variants.

This, plus the lack of a global effort to ensure vaccination in all countries is still a very serious health threat.

. . .

roob's keyboard swiped... 555

istockphoto-109726331-612x612.jpg

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, lazarus said:

Stopped traveling due to Covid. Will travel again after Covid (no testing, tracking & ins. reqs.)

Better places (for us) to be than in TH right now.

Now...troll on roob. You know you want to. 

No problem...it seems you have put your life on hold for near on three years even after being vaccinated 3 + times and if someone else has decided to actually get on with life you seem to get your knickers in a knot.

What is your problem? You are protected against all of us unwashed and indeed you have admitted that you will not travel.

Seriously... the one continue to troll against others with a different view/opinion to you is.....you.

cheers

6 hours ago, roobob said:

No problem...it seems you have put your life on hold for near on three years even after being vaccinated 3 + times and if someone else has decided to actually get on with life you seem to get your knickers in a knot.

...snip

"Life on hold?" That's funny. 

"Get on with life?" In backwater Isaan? That's even funnier.

But troll on there partner...troll on.

The way out of the Covid pandemic is global vaccination. Just because you are un-vaxxed and healthy means squat.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lazarus said:

"Life on hold?" That's funny. 

"Get on with life?" In backwater Isaan? That's even funnier.

But troll on there partner...troll on.

The way out of the Covid pandemic is global vaccination. Just because you are un-vaxxed and healthy means squat.

Oh dear....another shot at where I live..... how petty.

lol...so now you have your knickers in a knot because I am un vaxxed and healthy..... that really must go against your grain.... lol

cheers

23 hours ago, roobob said:

cheers 

@roobob

I am trying (long, boring story) to fly two thai nationals domestically to BKK. One is vaccinated, one isn't.  I've had a conversation online with an air Asia advisor. The unvaccinated person is unable to fly with Air Asia.

Screenshot_20220131-133854_Chrome.jpg

You might like to check you are able to fly. 

Seems to be backed up by this article

https://newsroom.airasia.com/news/irasia-thailand-returning-with-11-domestic-routes-from-this-3-september

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2