COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

15 hours ago, Mr. Smooth said:

I just received a whatsapp message early this morning from an old friend and former coworker who is living in the Philippines and he gave me a confirmation on arrivals. For incoming passengers, the requirements for entry are simply proof of being fully vaccinated and a negative PCR test no more than 48 hours prior to the start of travel to the PI. Thats it! No more quarantines, no secondary PCR tests 5 days or 7 days later......nothing!

To me, that should be enough. Satisfy the needs of the state without those needs being so burdensome to the individual, and welcome and have a good time. Thailand should follow suit with a similar entry policy for foreigners and allow the tourism-based sector of their economy to flourish once again.

Being implemented from the 10th Feb. Flight prices are through the roof at the moment though, but Cathay, Emirates , Qatar and Singapore are soon to be making timetable changes to increase availability.

As for insurance, PAL offer a policy, there are plenty out there, such as AXA PH as well.

10 hours ago, Butch said:

Being implemented from the 10th Feb. Flight prices are through the roof at the moment though, but Cathay, Emirates , Qatar and Singapore are soon to be making timetable changes to increase availability.

As for insurance, PAL offer a policy, there are plenty out there, such as AXA PH as well.

Yes....a few hours after posting, I saw an updated YT video stating that insurance was now part of the necessary documentation for entry. But I think for most of us, if not everyone, the elimination of the quarantine is the biggest hurdle that foreigners to no longer have to deal with. And as a result of that, many airlines, as you state, are going to ramp up their flight scheduling to reflect the increased tourist numbers that will soon follow.

I sure hope Thailand takes a cue from the PI.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Mr. Smooth said:

Yes....a few hours after posting, I saw an updated YT video stating that insurance was now part of the necessary documentation for entry. But I think for most of us, if not everyone, the elimination of the quarantine is the biggest hurdle that foreigners to no longer have to deal with. And as a result of that, many airlines, as you state, are going to ramp up their flight scheduling to reflect the increased tourist numbers that will soon follow.

I sure hope Thailand takes a cue from the PI.

I think insurance will be a necessary evil for the short term, but the RP has been one of the few SEA Nations to look at the logic rather than the numbers, also unofficially, the balikbayans have effectively told the local embassies via pressure groups like Nurse's associations (of which Ministers and ambassadors are happy to be connected with when things are going well) to go and fucking get it sorted or face the consequences.

Hence, re opening.

Fill ya boots.

• Like 2

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-60284491

Australia has announced the reopening of its borders to vaccinated tourists and other visa holders for the first time in almost two years.

"If you're double vaccinated, we look forward to welcoming you back," Prime Minister Scott Morrison said.

The reopening, on 21 February, will be welcome news for many sectors including international education.

• Like 3
  • Great Info 2

1 hour ago, Bazle said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-60284491

Australia has announced the reopening of its borders to vaccinated tourists and other visa holders for the first time in almost two years.

"If you're double vaccinated, we look forward to welcoming you back," Prime Minister Scott Morrison said.

The reopening, on 21 February, will be welcome news for many sectors including international education.

First the Philippines and now Australia. Maybe now these countries will all follow along to reopen their own borders for foreign travel, as long as you are vaccinated of course as that looks to be a surefire requirement for at least the near term, and get these economies going again.

I've set foot on 4 different continents in my life but Australia ain't one of them. Have always heard great things about that country, especially friends of mine who served in the US Navy and had a port call in an Aussie city. They couldn't stop smiling when regaling me with tales of their shore leave. A land I would very much like to visit.

And enjoy a proper Oz brewski, and not that Foster's lager they brew for us Yanks! 🤣

23 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

Foster's is crap in the UK as well.

Japanese beer, what else would you expect.

Foster's Lager is an internationally-distributed brand of lager. It is owned by the international brewing group Asahi Group Holdings,

1 hour ago, fygjam said:

Japanese beer, what else would you expect.

Foster's Lager is an internationally-distributed brand of lager. It is owned by the international brewing group Asahi Group Holdings,

Asahi only bought it two years ago ... it was crap long before that 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Asahi only bought it two years ago ... it was crap long before that 

Before that it was a Belgian beer.

For more than a decade the Foster's brand has been passed around the international brewing conglomerates like a Beach Rd hooker was passed around a pre-pandemic tourist group from the sub-continent.

Foster's is to beer what an airline meal is to food or an England cricket team is to test cricket.

Edited by fygjam
  • Haha 3

On 2/6/2022 at 1:07 PM, biggles said:

I am in AC and did read on a local board that you need a $35k insurance coverage as well. From an IATF ruling:-

travel insurance for Covid-19 treatment costs from reputable insurers, with a minimum coverage of USD35,000 (around PHP1.7 million) for the duration of their stay in the Philippines (obtained before arrival). 

Are all the bars open as normal in AC with girls etc?

Brilliant news from Boris, whether it's to appease the Tory back benches and get them onside again or not -

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-60319947

Boris Johnson has said he plans to end all remaining Covid restrictions in England - including the legal rule to self-isolate - a month early.

Under the current rules, anyone who tests positive must self-isolate for at least five days.

The current restrictions are due to expire on 24 March.

But Mr Johnson told MPs he expected the last domestic rules would end early "provided the current encouraging trends in the data continue".

He said he intended to return after parliamentary recess - which is from 21 February - to outline the government's strategy for living with Covid.

At the start of Prime Minister's Questions, Mr Johnson said: "It is my intention to return on the first day after the half-term recess to present our strategy for living with Covid.

"Provided the current encouraging trends in the data continue, it is my expectation that we will be able to end the last domestic restrictions - including the legal requirement to self-isolate if you test positive - a full month early."

• Like 6

@Yessongs -- gotta keep that mask on a bit longer! 😷

All Bay Area counties except one will lift indoor mask mandate next week

https://www.sfchronicle.com/health/article/All-but-one-Bay-Area-counties-will-lift-indoor-16844824.php

... Santa Clara County will stand alone in the Bay Area in keeping its mask mandate in place. County health officials plan to use their own metrics — based on vaccination rates, COVID hospitalization and cases — to decide when to lift the local mandate, which could be “in a matter of weeks, as case rates continue to decline,” said Dr. Sara Cody, the county health officer...

17 hours ago, Krapow said:

Brilliant news from Boris, whether it's to appease the Tory back benches and get them onside again or not -

Boris Johnson has said he plans to end all remaining Covid restrictions in England - including the legal rule to self-isolate - a month early.

Under the current rules, anyone who tests positive must self-isolate for at least five days.

But Mr Johnson told MPs he expected the last domestic rules would end early "provided the current encouraging trends in the data continue".

He said he intended to return after parliamentary recess - which is from 21 February - to outline the government's strategy for living with Covid.

At the start of Prime Minister's Questions, Mr Johnson said: "It is my intention to return on the first day after the half-term recess to present our strategy for living with Covid.

"Provided the current encouraging trends in the data continue, it is my expectation that we will be able to end the last domestic restrictions - including the legal requirement to self-isolate if you test positive - a full month early."

At last 

Need the rest of the world (who havent already) to follow now ..

Drop the travel bollox and full steam ahead

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, roomark said:

At last 

From 4am tomorrow (Friday) everything is dropped to enter the UK except a simplified PLF, if vaccinated. 

Though even the PLF will probably go end of the month with all other  restrictions.

Acronym    Definition

PLF    Projet de Loi de Finances (French: Project Finance Law)
PLF    Principal Limit Factor (mortgages)
PLF    Penguin Liberation Front
PLF    Pacific Legal Foundation
PLF    Perdana Leadership Foundation (Malaysia)
PLF    Premium Large Format (screens)
PLF    Pretty Little Flower (band)
PLF    Power Line Filter
PLF    Palestine Liberation Front (terrorist group)
PLF    Plant Load Factor
PLF    Passenger Load Factor
PLF    Per Lineal Foot (measurement)
PLF    Parachute Landing Fall
PLF    Pounds per Lineal Foot (stuctural engineering)
PLF    Poor Little Fellow
PLF    Payload Fairing (NASA)
PLF    Private Label Fund (finance)
PLF    Perilymphatic Fistula
PLF    Public Library Foundation
PLF    Participating Law Firms (LexUniversal)
PLF    Posterior Lumbar Fusion (spine surgery)
PLF    Pre Fader Listening (audio technology)
PLF    Projectile-Like Fragment
PLF    Polarization Loss Factor (antennas)
PLF    Points of Light Foundation
PLF    Party Liberation Front
PLF    Program Logic Formulation (software verification)
PLF    Public Land Foundation
PLF    Pathetic Little Freak
PLF    Prior Level of Function
PLF    Predictive Likelihood Function
PLF    Practice Launch Failure (sailplane)
PLF    Pokelight Forums (online Pokémon community)

21 hours ago, Krapow said:

3 hours ago, roomark said:

At last 

I sure hope the new rules apply only to those fully vaccinated?  If you choose to be un-vaccinated then wear that mask and don't try to show some phony vaccination record. Better yet, camp out behind your couch until you change your mind.

39 minutes ago, Kathmandu said:

I sure hope the new rules apply only to those fully vaccinated?  If you choose to be un-vaccinated then wear that mask and don't try to show some phony vaccination record. Better yet, camp out behind your couch until you change your mind.

Truthfully I could care less wether someone is vaxxed or not we all catch it in the end ....

Too much bullshit bickering gone on over it all 

• Like 5