Under 300 Baht ... And Good

Evil Penevil

1 hour ago, Skalliwag said:

Stayed a few nights,front room above golf club and let me tell you that the Billabong might not have been busy if the afternoon,but Jesus was it loud and packed at 3am.

That fucking band needs to learn some new songs.🤦‍♂️

Yes, it gets jammed by about 9.30 p.m. 

ir6.JPG

I agree about the music.  It's deafening, even sitting across the street at Kilkenny or outside at Jibby's.  But the jet-takeoff decibel level doesn't deter the customers who are mostly plain vanilla older guys.

Evil

1 hour ago, Evil Penevil said:

Yes, it gets jammed by about 9.30 p.m. 

ir6.JPG

I agree about the music.  It's deafening, even sitting across the street at Kilkenny or outside at Jibby's.  But the jet-takeoff decibel level doesn't deter the customers who are mostly plain vanilla older guys.

Evil

It’s downright terrible.

Was  never that bad when Greg owned it,and they never had a band every night.

This crew play the same set...twice..every night.Awful.

I arrived at 2.40am,put my stuff in the room and went down for a quick pint before trying to get some sleep.

There were a couple of cute girls FLing out of there.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Skalliwag said:

It’s downright terrible.

I arrived at 2.40am,put my stuff in the room and went down for a quick pint before trying to get some sleep.

Band aren't the best. Bad enough sitting through  a couple of beers worth- staying opposite must a form of water torture.

4 hours ago, Lemondropkid said:

Band aren't the best. Bad enough sitting through  a couple of beers worth- staying opposite must a form of water torture.

I only had three nights there,then Page 10 opened up.

First night didn’t really count.Second night I went to bed after the band finished....third night was absolutely torturous.

39 minutes ago, Skalliwag said:

I only had three nights there,then Page 10 opened up.

First night didn’t really count.Second night I went to bed after the band finished....third night was absolutely torturous.

Sorry, but I cant understand how you guys can choice places like this to stay on your holiday ? 

I mean, it's well know that the whole area is very noisy .

And yes, I like live music but not when at deafening level and sure not to sleep above the place !

10 hours ago, Skalliwag said:

It’s downright terrible.

I make sure to have a few there before the band starts playing. The guitarist is the only thing that's good about that band. The singer is horrendous and the drummer is awful. I was there one night last year and the guitarist came out alone. He had his guitar rigged up with Carlos Santana type sound. He played solo for about 30 minutes and it was relaxing and at a nice volume level. Wish he would always be alone there. I would stay a little longer. But when the whole band starts playing, I am practically running to either the Rockhouse or Metro Bar to escape their god awful noise.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Skalliwag said:

It’s downright terrible.

I'm at Billabong in the evening a couple of times each week, but always leave before the band starts up. Not so much because of the volume, but because as you posted the playlist is too repetitive.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 year later...
Posted (edited)

Since I'm not in Pattaya, I can't contribute any on-site reports about good farang food under 300 baht.  However, inspired by a thread on the best breakfast deals in town, I decided to highlight some of the under-300 dishes at Nicky's Bar and Restaurant on Soi Buakhao and the Robin Hood Tavern in The Avenue shopping plaza.

There's plenty of good stuff under 300 baht at Nicky's:

nickymenusmall.png

Daily and weekly specials are even cheaper:

nicky's text.JPG

nickyfc.jpg

nickyfc2.jpg

nickystext2.JPG

hunters.jpg

gammon steak.jpg

sausageroll.jpg

sandwich.jpg

nicky's7.jpg