Snooker

coxyhog

11 hours ago, Golfingboy said:

F—k me, that red to the side for 57 points, after that horrible shot on the black, what a pot! Always great to see a 147, even from a match-fixer

He was set up by the newspaper to do an interview.  They started talking about possibilities of match fixing, but he never followed it through. He only got in trouble for not reporting that he had been approached. I think the newspaper was pissed off that he never took the bait.

Looks like the papers did a good job given your comment.  Lol

Wonderful 147 from him, especially given his age. Great match too and a worthy winner came through in the end.

3 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

Fantastic match with Ronnie winning 13/10. 

That final frame was interesting (re-spotted black after a draw) and Ronnie's interview afterwards was typically Ronnie (I don't have a stroke, Selby will smash me).

Don't know if you saw the final frame, but well worth watching if you can. It had everything.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Britboy said:

That final frame was interesting (re-spotted black after a draw) and Ronnie's interview afterwards was typically Ronnie (I don't have a stroke, Selby will smash me).

Don't know if you saw the final frame, but well worth watching if you can. It had everything.

The whole match was superb. A few rubs here and there helped Ronnie in the end at key points. He will need to stop missing easy pots if he wants to beat Mark.

2 minutes ago, Britboy said:

Yes, that blue he missed to the middle pocket at the end of the final frame was awful, allowing Williams to clear up for the draw.

He missed an easier red into the same pocket earlier too. Very unlike Ronnie. 

34 minutes ago, boydeste said:

The whole match was superb. A few rubs here and there helped Ronnie in the end at key points. He will need to stop missing easy pots if he wants to beat Mark.

Besides all the 147’s, the video that showcases his true talent is called “amazing clearance”, I think. The man finishes up, having come to the table at least 7 balls against the rails, unreal. People who have only played pool, will never comprehend what a feat that was. Sadly, with all the missed pots we’re seeing.....don’t think Ronnie is on that level anymore. But if he makes all the simple pots, it might be a good match

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Golfingboy said:

Besides all the 147’s, the video that showcases his true talent is called “amazing clearance”, I think. The man finishes up, having come to the table at least 7 balls against the rails, unreal. People who have only played pool, will never comprehend what a feat that was. Sadly, with all the missed pots we’re seeing.....don’t think Ronnie is on that level anymore. But if he makes all the simple pots, it might be a good match

He only plays at that level in short spells now, i think his eyes and age are slowly catching up with him, but his B game is better than most others A game so if you give him an easy starter in the balls then he will destroy you still.

27 minutes ago, boydeste said:

He only plays at that level in short spells now, i think his eyes and age are slowly catching up with him, but his B game is better than most others A game so if you give him an easy starter in the balls then he will destroy you still.

That's right. In his interview he said he's really struggling with long pots and especially those where the white ball is a long way from the target ball, so his target is to avoid that scenario. Not always possible of course, but he controls the white so well he'll do his best to ensure he has as many easy pots as possible.