Street Photographs From Pattaya Area

john luke

35 minutes ago, KhunDon said:

Looking at the crap connections on that concrete pipe (top picture) I don’t expect it will be long before they will be back digging up the road again to fix the leaks. 

Note too how it's a slight uphill climb for the water in that last section. I wouldn't be surprised if the outflow becomes another inflow to the box.

• Like 1

This was quite amusing to watch.  Essentially the workmen started up the machine which vibrates and presumably compresses the sand.  Upon doing so, it started to sink in the sand.  Reinforcements arrived to support and eventually the machine was dragged to the side of the area where work was ongoing.

IMG_1143.jpg

IMG_1144.jpg

IMG_1145.jpg

IMG_1146.jpg

IMG_1147.jpg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Today's task at the Easy R-Con open sewer  project, hook up the outflow drain to the Buakhao storm water system.
P6270002.jpg

Wonder what the black, plastic pipe will be used for. Still don't know what the two smaller outflow holes were for, but no matter, they've now been backfilled with sand. Hope they remembered to plug the holes first.
P6270003.jpg

Form now in place for concreting the top of the inflow drain. The worksite is quite a mess on this end.
P6270006.jpg

that top picture has  got a back fall 

Today's update on the Easy R-Con open sewer project. Looks like the black piping is for some kind of system that makes use of the two smaller holes.
P6290001.jpg

P6290002.jpg

I'm not sure, but the black pipe poking out from under Buakhao looks like it taps into the city water system. Maybe they plan on syphoning off the "clean" storm water into the city's water system. <joking>
P6290008.jpg

P6290006.jpg

Back in April I snapped a pic of the project board. It didn't make much sense at the time as the project was still a muddy, water filled hole in the ground. Now that the box is completed I can match up the overhead view in the design to what they built. You can see the concrete piping in the upper right of the design, and below that, piping that utilizes the two smaller holes. The mystery deepens as to their function; perhaps a freshwater system to aid in the removal of accumulated debris?
Screen Shot 06-29-19 at 02.46 PM.JPG

And at the other end, a fresh load of sand to help cover up all the construction debris.
P6290009.jpg

P6290010.jpg

I took a picture of this vehicle this afternoon. It was obviously driven by a senior police officer and was playing a recorded message (in Thai) from a loudspeaker.  Can anyone give any indication as to what the message is?  It looks like an app.

Le Pub-1280.jpg

Le Pub-.jpg

• Great Info 1

16 minutes ago, john luke said:

I took a picture of this vehicle this afternoon. It was obviously driven by a senior police officer and was playing a recorded message (in Thai) from a loudspeaker.  Can anyone give any indication as to what the message is?  It looks like an app.

Le Pub-.jpg

I did a search on Google Play store and found the app (link). The description is in Thai, but Google Translate to the rescue came up with this.

Police i lert u is a mobile application for the general public in Thailand. Can press to ask for help from the police by sending personal information, photos of the incident time and the location of the incident to the War Room, where police officers are waiting for the matter 24 hours a day and will coordinate to send police officers to help And provide immediate service 

Edited to add: App was released in 2015.
Police launch crime-emergency app

Edited by forcebwithu
  • Great Info 2

They're now backfilling around the Easy R-Con open sewer project. Sure hope they're going to use more than just sand as a road base.
P6300002.jpg

Wonder if they'll move the garbage can, or just bury it.
P6300003.jpg

With the backfill in place you get an idea of how the new road surface level will impact the businesses on either side.
P6300006.jpg

I'm leaving Pattaya for a five day holiday. Hopefully others walking around the area over the next couple of days can post pics of the progress.

• Like 1

The area between Beach Road and Second Road immediately north of Soi 6 (behind The Bay shopping mall and the Bay Sunset Hotel) looks set for some development work. In the past, it has been an area with businesses heavily focussed on Koreans - Rasputin soapy, restaurants etc.

20190630_153434.jpg

20190630_153339.jpg

20190630_153038.jpg

20190630_152803.jpg

I was going to say nice pics until I saw the scary characters in pink and black on their motorbike.  That and the continuing show casing of lady-boys should see you have your posting rights suspended for a week lol

Edited by Horizondave
  • Haha 4