Street Photographs From Pattaya Area

john luke

I did not know where to put these photographs and finally settled on the Street Photography thread.  The two ladies were distributing their leaflets, initially when I saw them at Chunky Monkey and Hungry Hippo.  By the time I had got the camera out of the bag they had moved along down Soi  Buakhao.  I mentioned that I was a personal friend of @Yessongs and so they posed for the last few photographs.

untitled-2547-1.jpg

untitled-2549-1.jpg

untitled-2552-1.jpg

untitled-2554-Edit-1.jpg

untitled-2557-Edit-1.jpg

untitled-2558-Edit-1.jpg

untitled-2562-Edit-1.jpg

untitled-2564-Edit-1.jpg

• Like 1

17 hours ago, john luke said:

I did not know where to put these photographs and finally settled on the Street Photography thread.  The two ladies were distributing their leaflets, initially when I saw them at Chunky Monkey and Hungry Hippo.  By the time I had got the camera out of the bag they had moved along down Soi  Buakhao.  I mentioned that I was a personal friend of @Yessongs and so they posed for the last few photographs.

untitled-2547-1.jpg

More importantly, the blackboard at Pramanee House seems to be showing beer at 40 baht.  That's even lower than this recent photo where 45 baht was the lowest.  Can someone confirm?

beer 4.jpg

On 12/26/2019 at 6:10 PM, john luke said:

untitled-2547-1.jpg

untitled-2549-1.jpg

untitled-2552-1.jpg

untitled-2554-Edit-1.jpg

untitled-2557-Edit-1.jpg

untitled-2558-Edit-1.jpg

untitled-2562-Edit-1.jpg

untitled-2564-Edit-1.jpg

good photos but standard hooter girl seam bad now. almost like beer bar

untitled-2845-1.jpg

Tree Town sort of continues.  Quiet in the afternoon but I understand it gets busier in the evening.

untitled-2849-1.jpg

untitled-2846-1.jpg

untitled-2847-1.jpg

untitled-2848-1.jpg

untitled-2850-1.jpg

untitled-2851-1.jpg

untitled-2853-1.jpg

untitled-2854-1.jpg

untitled-2855-1.jpg

untitled-2856-1.jpg

I don't know if/whether this structure (above) will ever be completed.

untitled-2857-1.jpg

A lot suggested that this place would fail, however whilst I have never seen it busy, I have never seen it empty.

untitled-2859-1.jpg

untitled-2860-1.jpg

Chunky Monkey - never empty.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Yessongs said:

Great pics JL....the Tiffany Show still going strong after all of these years huh? 

Alcazar is still going as well , think they were the original one , I saw them in 1993  - surprised there is demand for two huge shows like this , maybe the Chinese tourists are the main customers these days , was always popular with the Russians 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Alcazar is still going as well , think they were the original one , I saw them in 1993  - surprised there is demand for two huge shows like this , maybe the Chinese tourists are the main customers these days , was always popular with the Russians 

Living here I'm not interested in seeing the show again, but I do remember when I first visited it was a bucket list item and well worth the price of admission. Probably the same for the large number of tourists coming to Pattaya, so not surprised there's enough business to support two venues.

On this occassion, I was guilty of 'Cheap Charlieism'.  I was forutunate enough to be passing the place just as the audience from one of the sceduled shows were leaving.  I joined the exiting crowds and proceeded to the car park area when the performers allow members of the public to be photographed with them for a fee.  A few years back it used to be 40 baht; now it appears to be 100 baht.  I took photographs only of the performers so free for me.  I am ashamed; actually I am not.