Street Photographs From Pattaya Area

john luke

Nirun Market retractable roof in the close position today.
PB260002.jpg

What was J Club is about set to reopen as Amsterdam Lounge.
PB260005.jpg

Soi Xzyte market
PB260011.jpg

They're now working on rewiring the other side of New Plaza.
PB260013.jpg

Wiring completed on the other side, with new lighting for the soi. Wonder if the light poles will hold up to drunks stumbling into them. Also, looks like Pussy Bar succumbed to the virus.
PB260019.jpg

Fireworks barge is locked and loaded for tomorrow and Saturday's firework show.
PB260024.jpg

PB260028.jpg

PB260031.jpg

PB260038.jpg

PB260040.jpg

New building on 3rd Rd near Klang is getting a bit of green.
PB260049.jpg

• Like 2

I cracked in the end and decided to have a wander down the beach early evening, not really my thing crowds..

and fireworks...... there's no fireworks but crowds and cars and millions of bikes.....lol....''Tree Town'' first..

013a.jpg

Made in Thailand...Bars empty....

014a.jpg

015a.jpg

016a.jpg

Sai 2......

017a.jpg

018a.jpg

• Like 1

I was just thinking when I saw those photos above of thousands of Thais sitting on the beach enjoying themselves that life without foreigners is not so bad unless of course you derive the majority of your revenue from them.

Almost seems like a normal eventful night out except for the lack of foreigners. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/29/2020 at 6:42 PM, Horizondave said:

I was just thinking when I saw those photos above of thousands of Thais sitting on the beach enjoying themselves that life without foreigners is not so bad unless of course you derive the majority of your revenue from them.

Almost seems like a normal eventful night out except for the lack of foreigners. 

Except they all mostly live in Bangkok etc to where they have all returned by Monday.

4 hours ago, Jambo said:

Except they all mostly live in Bangkok etc to where they have all returned by Monday.

Not really important where they are from but it is good to see Thais enjoying themselves, they all look happy with very few foreigners around.  Bangkokians come down most weekends so it is good to see the hotels etc getting custom and I am sure many Thais got an increase in their businesses so good for them. 

Those foreign run bars etc are the ones not so happy as I doubt many of these Thais are walking around LK Metro and Soi Bukhao. .

• Like 1