Street Photographs From Pattaya Area

john luke

2 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

I see a pattern of parallels lines in the concrete. Almost as if they left the wooden stringers in place and poured concrete over them. If they did then I'd imagine there will be some great photo ops in the future when the concrete breaks apart as the wood beneath decays.

I think the wood went on top of the concrete m8, they've got the tarmac around the edges to try to reduce

the trip hazard.......

2 hours ago, Blue Streak said:

I think the wood went on top of the concrete m8, they've got the tarmac around the edges to try to reduce

the trip hazard.......

Thanks. Makes sense they'd just rip out the wood bits and leave the concrete base. I haven't been down to the marina for awhile so diverted my morning bike ride to have a look for myself.
P1270002.jpg

For those that might not remember, the before pic.
PC170023.jpg

This morning they were removing more bits and pieces of the decaying marina.
P1270006.jpg

AQI of 93 and Koh Larn barely visible.
P1270009.jpg

• Like 2
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, forcebwithu said:

The cynic in me thinks all the larger diameter drains on this soi will do is move the flood waters to River Buakhao a lot quicker during storms.

Was chatting the other day to a local and unless they raise the rd down by Soi Buakhao, those pipe will just

slow the flooding of Soi 21 a tad till the new pipes fill up......the draining of Soi Buakhao is the problem in that area.....

19 hours ago, Blue Streak said:

Soi Buakhao on Friday the 29 January 2021....19.15 hrs.......

004a.jpg

I enjoy a meal at Nida, the restaurant on the left, a couple times a week. Good Thai food at reasonable prices. Not sure why during the lockdown when it was announced restaurants could have dine in, but no alcohol, they chose to remain take away only.

• Like 1

On 2/5/2021 at 7:58 PM, Blue Streak said:

Sai2 opposite ''The Avenue''...........

025a.jpg

Keep seeing those windows...lol...

026a.jpg

Beach Rd..........

027a.jpg

028a.jpg

Open now......

029a.jpg

Still closed till later in the month is my understanding....

030a.jpg

That first photo of Wonderful Bar would have maffewh hitting the special brew as he was always on about how he loved that place. 

• Haha 1

Couple late afternoon today.......Here's your sunset at 18.15...lol....

006a.jpg

Looking north...

007a.jpg

This time of year the inside lane would normally be packed with addition venders causing traffic probs...

South Pattaya Rd.....I did wait a while to get some people and vehicles in the snaps.......

008a.jpg

009a.jpg

• Like 4

A whiz around town this sunny but tad beezy Friday afternoon........Quick update

on Soi 21 for people that use it as a shortcut,was a canal the other day after FAB 103

said there might be showers about town....lol.....sorry no pics of that,,but a few hours ago..

Entering from Sai 3....looking to Soi Buakhao....

001a.jpg

looking back to Sai 3....

003a.jpg

And this big boy still to come out and play.....

006a.jpg

Later on entering from Soi Buakhao.......

048a.jpg

049a.jpg

Edited by Blue Streak
  • Like 1
  • Great Info 2

Falling on bad times the ''President'' has food stalls on it's driveway, no Chinese coaches in or out...

011a.jpg

Queueing up to star in ''Le Pub's'' closed ''Youtube''membership shoots I would imagine....lol....

016a.jpg

Walking Street......lot's of big holes now, hope they don't crack the dam.....lol...

017a.jpg

018a.jpg

021a.jpg

Surely the end of ''Simons Beer Bar'' complex......

019a.jpg

020a.jpg

Looks like the old ''Siren Beer Bar'' complex is going to be pricey....wooden door?.......

022a.jpg

Beach still there after FAB 103's showers warning the other day...where's Michael Fish when you need him....

025a.jpg

I think I know where the sand went if anyone's interested.....their standing on it....

026a.jpg

Waiting for the wonder of the Bangkokians to turn up for the weekend....

027a.jpg

029a.jpg

I wonder what's happening inside the arch....you can run but cannot hide...lol....

028a.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Some beach washout from the showers the other day, thought they had all been dealt with according

to the local news.....typo......lol....

030a.jpg

Stringing the Chinese New Year thing out a bit....

031a.jpg

A tad more beach washout.....Central area, has anyone looked up by Soi 6....lol...

033a.jpg

Now if you were on another forum you would normally have an assistant to point these areas out....

034a.jpg

Some strange seeds must have been washed down from Sai2 the other day with the showers...Please don't ask me

what the Ladyboy was doing....

035a.jpg

And a few more......

036a.jpg

• Like 2