Street Photographs From Pattaya Area

john luke

3 hours ago, Yessongs said:

@Blue StreakNice pics Soi 6, Cooters??  Was not there last time I was in Patts 2018.

Yeah - Don't know if is a renamed "Scooters" by the previous owner or a new owner.

Is it still the same format, ie takeaway ST etc only ?

Soi 21 from the Buakhao end.  Only passable by the brave.

soi 21.jpg

And on Soi 19 it doesn't seem that long ago this was an LK Hotel but it's looking for new owners again.

oyo 19.jpg

Edited by KWA
  • Like 2
  • Great Info 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

First time in a few weeks I've seen them doing any work on WS.
P4220004.jpg

P4220007.jpg

P4220011.jpg

New building on 3rd and Klang. The aesthetics of the side facing Klang is better than the 3rd Rd side.
P4220014.jpg

P4220017.jpg

Not much happening at the Xzyte Market site.
P4220019.jpg

P4220020.jpg

Sure hope whatever concrete sealant they used wears off before the Market opens. Looks like it would be very slippery when wet.
P4220021.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 4/9/2021 at 7:18 AM, KWA said:

Down the other end when I was heading south this morning too.

cables.jpg

That’ll be recycled and be on a pole near you in a matter of days. I doubt they’ll even untangle it before they reuse it.🤣

Edited by KhunDon

Soi 14 off of 3rd Rd is in a low lying area and quickly floods during rainstorms. They're now giving that soi the drain opening enlargement surgery.
P4240002.jpg

P4240005.jpg

Unfortunately it doesn't appear they're doing anything to increase the size of the drain pipes, so the storm water will still have no place to go. Even more of a concern is we haven't had rain in the area for the last several days, but the drains are still half full of water that is barely moving.
P4240006.jpg

Over on Soi 21 they're working on the last stretch of road resurfacing.
P4240010.jpg

The workers had a chuckle when I held up my fist and made a buzzing sound like I was getting electrocuted.
P4240011.jpg

And a few pics of the interior work going on at the Climax bar.
P4240014.jpg

P4240015.jpg

P4240016.jpg

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Soi 14 off of 3rd Rd is in a low lying area and quickly floods during rainstorms. They're now giving that soi the drain opening enlargement surgery.
P4240002.jpg

P4240005.jpg

Unfortunately it doesn't appear they're doing anything to increase the size of the drain pipes, so the storm water will still have no place to go. Even more of a concern is we haven't had rain in the area for the last several days, but the drains are still half full of water that is barely moving.
P4240006.jpg

Over on Soi 21 they're working on the last stretch of road resurfacing.
P4240010.jpg

The workers had a chuckle when I held up my fist and made a buzzing sound like I was getting electrocuted.
P4240011.jpg

And a few pics of the interior work going on at the Climax bar.
P4240014.jpg

P4240015.jpg

P4240016.jpg

I am very unconvinced that this will stop the flooding on Soi 14. It didn't work on Soi 21 I have a friend who with his wife have a guest house on Soi 21 halfway between 3rd Road and Soi Boukow. During that last storm I was anxious to get over there and ask him how the road held up he said they still got between 6 and 10 in of flood and that's because the water goes from there to other areas that are still badly flooding. I couldn't believe walking through that Soi that had just been Redone the amount of drains that were put in large steel drains I have asked the question of many to see how close they could come most people say oh 20 or 30 well they weren't even half right. The part that's finished not counting the three that they're going to put in the top section that they're finishing now are 67 with those three counted there will be 70 of them. And they still flood Overkill for sure.

I started thinking about Soi Pothole and the amount of drains there so I took the walk and the count there are a grand total of Zero. When you get to the intersection of Soi Pothole and Soi Excite there are three small drains very close together other than those there's not a single one all the way to 3rd Road no wonder they can't keep the road from deteriorating. Look at the beach every time it floods the beach becomes destroyed they just put brand new drainage in and it shows already that it doesn't work they need to get engineers in from another country that specialize in that kind of thing and let them over see it and show them how to do it and finally do it right. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

^^^ What I think they're lacking is adequate pumps to move the water from low lying areas to drains leading out to sea.

Soi 14 is one such example. They could cover the entire road surface with grates and make the entire area underneath one huge canal. But until they put in pumps to move the water over 3rd Rd and into a drain of adequate size to the sea, that area is going to continue to flood just as badly as it has in the past.

Another example of a problem area is the low area on the Sukhumvit just north of Pattaya Tai. With any significant amount of rainfall, this is what it looks like.
c1_1655404.jpg

Every time I see them working on the problem, all they seem to do is just make the drain opening larger. Just went out a snapped a couple of pics of the current WIP.
P4240020.jpg

The constraint here is the underground system to drain the water out of the area. I believe what they're limited to is the canal that runs under this soi.
P4240021.jpg

So all this work to make the hole in the road larger is for naught if there's no additional capacity to move the water out of the area.
P4240022.jpg

P4240023.jpg

P4240024.jpg

P4240025.jpg

P4240027.jpg

• Like 6

18 hours ago, Yesitisdakid said:

They just need some Engineers to show them what they need to do because they seem to not have a clue as all the current road work and the continual flooding and Beach destroying continues all this pain

Your right , but the buffalo head mentality would only care about how much face they would loose bringing in foreigners .

And god forbid if they did it right the first time . 😷

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2