Street Photographs From Pattaya Area

john luke

7 hours ago, Pillow Biter said:

Your right , but the buffalo head mentality would only care about how much face they would loose bringing in foreigners .

And god forbid if they did it right the first time . 😷

There is not a lot of money to be made if you do it right first time    

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 4/24/2021 at 9:02 AM, Yesitisdakid said:

They just need some Engineers to show them what they need to do because they seem to not have a clue as all the current road work and the continual flooding and Beach destroying continues all this pain

I don't think they would like the cost of doing it properly

On 4/24/2021 at 7:39 AM, forcebwithu said:

Soi 14 off of 3rd Rd is in a low lying area and quickly floods during rainstorms. They're now giving that soi the drain opening enlargement surgery.

Looks like the work is going right up to Soi Arunothai.  Your pics show it up to the left/right at Maxx Central but now they're past the next right/left and part way up Arunothai 4.

17 minutes ago, KWA said:

Looks like the work is going right up to Soi Arunothai.  Your pics show it up to the left/right at Maxx Central but now they're past the next right/left and part way up Arunothai 4.

Yes they are. They were on the day I was taking pics, but didn't want to risk having BM's OD on pics of drains, so refrained from taking more shots. :default_biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, KWA said:

any bets on how little this will help the flooding ? There used to be a guy that kept a rubber raft on his balcony always made me smile to see that 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Yesitisdakid said:

any bets on how little this will help the flooding ? There used to be a guy that kept a rubber raft on his balcony always made me smile to see that 

This morning's rain has let up so popped out for a couple of pics of the area. Not enough rain to cause flooding, but enough to fill the drains with water. Pic of the lowest point of the soi looking towards 3rd Rd.
P4290001.jpg

Drain pipe is full, and the water isn't moving. Probably should call this a catch basin rather than drain.
P4290002.jpg

Looking towards the turn that takes you to Arunotai.
P4290003.jpg

More stagnant water in the catch basin.
P4290004.jpg

Final stretch looking towards Arunotai. Wonder if like with a lot of Thai projects they'll finish enlarging the drain openings, realize after they're done it didn't help, then rip up the road again and do what they should have done in the first place and put in larger drain pipes with a pumping station to get the water across 3rd Rd.

P4290005.jpg

Edited by forcebwithu
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, KWA said:

Over 50 new drains by my count, but they've got the orientation right for cyclists this time.

drain.jpg

Noticed that too they got the orientation right on my ride past today. Noticed too quite a few blue PVC pipe outlets beneath the grates going into the drains from the houses on the soi. Hope those are greywater discharge pipes and not sewage.

On 4/29/2021 at 1:51 AM, forcebwithu said:

This morning's rain has let up so popped out for a couple of pics of the area. Not enough rain to cause flooding, but enough to fill the drains with water. Pic of the lowest point of the soi looking towards 3rd Rd.
P4290001.jpg

Drain pipe is full, and the water isn't moving. Probably should call this a catch basin rather than drain.
P4290002.jpg

Looking towards the turn that takes you to Arunotai.
P4290003.jpg

More stagnant water in the catch basin.
P4290004.jpg

Final stretch looking towards Arunotai. Wonder if like with a lot of Thai projects they'll finish enlarging the drain openings, realize after they're done it didn't help, then rip up the road again and do what they should have done in the first place and put in larger drain pipes with a pumping station to get the water across 3rd Rd.

P4290005.jpg

The bit that gets me is that all drains on higher ground should be empty, once latent water is seen in the drains then surely they should investigate why and put it right before they continue with any work widening the drain.

Root cause and all that.

• Thumbs Up 3

4 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Soi Siam Country Club Rd on the south side of Mabprachan Reservoir is getting another lane or two.

SCC.jpg

its very confusing what they are doing there, as they look to be creating many chicanes - maybe they will be building a racing track around the lake?

18 minutes ago, Yesitisdakid said:

IMG_20210504_053515_resize_63.jpg

hah...

I lived in a duplex around the corner from that old 7 in 2010-11...on a little side street off of Soi 15. There was almost nothing there back then.

Fun times... a few of the early shift Champagne-a-Go-Go dancers would come over and party after they were done at about 10pm. 

Used to hear the booming karaoke club all night long...

20111128-IMG_5077.jpg

Edited by lazarus