Street Photographs From Pattaya Area

john luke

44 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Another long time Pattaya bar, Buffalo Bar is heading into the dustbin of history. Don't think we can blame it in on the pandemic though as the bar's decline predated the China virus.
P6080002.jpg

P6080004.jpg

Construction update on Tree Town's Pattaya Beach Club.
P6080007.jpg

P6080008.jpg

P6080009.jpg

P6080010.jpg

Not sure what this hole in the floor will be. Fountain maybe?
P6080011.jpg

Never noticed before, but most, if not all the bars on the south facing side of Tree Town have 2nd floor seating.
P6080017.jpg

P6080019.jpg

P6080021.jpg

Re Buffalo bar

It seems its "land value" has finally exceeded its "going concern" value.

Those of us who know it will be aware it was like the frkn Tardis when you went through that tiny frontage. Pretty huge old area inside.

That is 2nd hand gossip I have to say but it does make sense.

• Like 1

On 5/21/2021 at 12:19 PM, forcebwithu said:

They've been working for a couple of years on trying to solve the flooding on the road parallel to the railroad. Last year was digging a deeper channel on the east side of the road and installing more pumps.
P5210001.jpg

That hasn't worked, so now they're digging out the ground cover on the other side of the road.
P5210005.jpg

And knocking holes in the crash barrier at the low spots to allow the flood water to drain on both sides of the road.
P5210003.jpg

And over at the Soi 9 police station, the latest in car accessories on display.
P5210008.jpg

I think the railway line work is for the high speed rail - not a fix for a fix for a fix of the fix for the clusterfuk work done in the first place ...

9 minutes ago, Chappo said:

I think the railway line work is for the high speed rail - not a fix for a fix for a fix of the fix for the clusterfuk work done in the first place ...

You are correct. Saw the news article yesterday. Looks like I'll have another project to take photos of, although I doubt it'll be as interesting as the multi-year project to construct the Sukhumvit underpass.

High speed rail project construction in Chonburi linked to three major airports expected to start this October

• Like 1

The old Batman Disco is always an interesting site to photograph.
P6120030.jpg

P6120031.jpg

P6120032.jpg

P6120033.jpg

Construction progress on the skateboard/recreation area under the 3rd Rd flyover.
P6120051.jpg

P6120054.jpg

P6120063.jpg

Once again 3rd Rd is a mess with digging going on to bury utilities. I don't think the Thais will ever catch on to the idea of digging up a road once to bury utilities with enough conduit placed for future use.
P6120067.jpg

• Like 6

On 6/8/2021 at 7:20 AM, Whitespider said:

Re Buffalo bar

It seems its "land value" has finally exceeded its "going concern" value.

Those of us who know it will be aware it was like the frkn Tardis when you went through that tiny frontage. Pretty huge old area inside.

That is 2nd hand gossip I have to say but it does make sense.

One of my favourite bars many years ago, thinking about the company I left there with over the years brings a big smile to my face!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

On 5/11/2021 at 3:44 AM, Yesitisdakid said:

Found it !

2021-05-10 05.47.13.jpg

I've been keeping my eyes open for more of these machines and until today haven't seen one. Surprised by that as I think they would be a nice money maker. Here's the one I saw today.
P6170003.jpg

Gas station just north of Klang on Sukhumvit.
P6170006.jpg

• Like 3

On 6/17/2021 at 12:53 PM, forcebwithu said:

I've been keeping my eyes open for more of these machines and until today haven't seen one. Surprised by that as I think they would be a nice money maker. Here's the one I saw today.

Saw a lady in my complex getting 2 cups the other day and asked her if it was ok she said very good will try just to say I did 

On 6/19/2021 at 3:50 AM, Yesitisdakid said:

Saw a lady in my complex getting 2 cups the other day and asked her if it was ok she said very good will try just to say I did 

Another one for you. This one on Nern Plub Wan. Although you're going have to pay double for the herbal supplement.
P6240003.jpg

P6240006.jpg

And as long as I was out that way, got a shot of the Chinese temple they've been work on since 2018.P6240010.jpg

P6240016.jpg

• Like 1

Work is progressing slowly on WS.
P7010003.jpg

P7010004.jpg

P7010006.jpg

You can't see because of the shadows, but I there was a guy hunched down below the concrete arch as the heavy equipment above was banging away on the concrete cross piece.
P7010007.jpg

And here he is, barefoot and barehands, and no hardhat.
P7010008.jpg

P7010009.jpg

• Like 2
  • Surprised 1

On 6/12/2021 at 6:48 PM, boydeste said:

One of my favourite bars many years ago, thinking about the company I left there with over the years brings a big smile to my face!

Yep. The days that Dan Cheeseman and Bryan Flowers pretend that they remember but never experienced!

Back in the day it was in the outback. It was an adventure to get to. It was mainly expats but without the clique that TQ had. Cum one Cum all.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Yep. The days that Dan Cheeseman and Bryan Flowers pretend that they remember but never experienced!

Back in the day it was in the outback. It was an adventure to get to. It was mainly expats but without the clique that TQ had. Cum one Cum all.

Yes, I hadn't ever crossed 3rd road for many years of travel, then Graham (Fontoc) RIP, took me on a tour in his truck to all the expat hangouts, Gentlemens clubs etc. A big eye opener at the Time. 

• Like 6

The new playground for young and old adults under the 3rd Rd flyover is done. Completely enclosed in chicken wire so children can safely leave their parents to play without having to worry about them running out into traffic.
P7100014.jpg

P7100015.jpg

P7100019.jpg

Sure hope they don't intend to mix stationary exercise equipment in the same area as football.:default_biggrin:
P7100023.jpg

• Like 3

On 6/8/2021 at 9:27 PM, forcebwithu said:

Soi Pothole is getting another temporary repair.
P6090003.jpg

Missed seeing this on yesterday's trek through Tree Town, but they're working again on the structure that has sat unfinished for years.
P6090007.jpg

good laugh on both pics to start my weekend. I’m sure BTT I arrive back to Patts, they’ll have fixed & repaired Soi Pothole a couple more times…hopefully it won’t be a full blow-up job or under water

On 7/4/2021 at 11:48 PM, forcebwithu said:

No lines for today's grand opening of Taco Bell.
P7050011.jpg

Nice landscaping job at the Edge. Too bad the overhead utility lines ruin the view.
P7050009.jpg

…isn’t that part of the charm/look of Thailand, lol