Why have you chosen Thailand as your retirement home ?

Pumpuynarak

On 10/2/2020 at 10:22 AM, lazarus said:

Interesting video about retirement homes in Thailand...

Thailand’s Last Resort
We explore why families from Europe are sending their elderly relatives to care homes in Thailand for their final years.

I bow to you in thanks for that clip. Wonderful !

• Thumbs Up 2

All I can say is you gotta trust before you can love ... trust doesn't just happen ... it has gotta be earned and proven ... and this takes time ... time always tells you the truth about another person ...

In my case, it took me 12 years to finally marry Beach gal ... I know a little excessive ... but, I had to be certain I could trust her ... marriage is not an easy decision to make ... at least for me !

Some of these horror stories about the Thai gal and farang husband going " tits up " is a little sad but at the same time the farang should have taken his time ... before just jumping in with both feet ... spending ( wasting ) what baht he has available ....

You always have to keep a "nest egg" of baht now one knows about except yourself as a gigantic safety net in the event things go "tits up" .. seems to me starting over again at 50 and above is a gigantic waste of time and a lesson that no ones needs to go through ...

I am certain "time" and I made a very good decision with regards to Beach gal ....

Just wish others would use the same caution .... didn't mean to preach at anyone ................

• Thumbs Up 3

• 9 months later...
9 minutes ago, Yoassistant said:

Oh, when I have seen that many of you want to retire in Thailand.

Do you know that there are plenty of options for your Visa?

Please see the article here.

It's a nice country to spend your life, right? 

A beautiful country indeed!

Interesting.

Unfortunately there is no mention of the requirements as set out by ThaiVisa Forum Moderators. You need to live within a 15 minute drive of your nearest Immigration Office and your bank must open at 9am. Otherwise you will be banned for having  "A sob story".

If you don't fit in with the ThaiVisa Forum  "It only takes 5 minutes" then you are a worthless individual that doesn't deserve to live here !