Android box for TV Why ?

Yesitisdakid

8 minutes ago, Yesitisdakid said:

I leave my PC running 24 hours so always uploading but I do not really need to seed at all as the 10 bucks a month i donate for the IPTV access also allows for hit and runs (no uploading)

Interesting, now does that not shorten the life of your PC.

5 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Interesting, now does that not shorten the life of your PC.

3 hours ago, Yesitisdakid said:

The PC i use for downloading/IPTV is 7 years old only issue i have had was a bad power supply 3 years ago. Still runs fine 

The main component in my experience, which fails, is the hard drive, which is constantly working,(reading and writing data)

The old style hard drive contained spindles, which over usage and time , gradually wear out..., therefore don't work 

The new style of hard drive (SSD) do not contain spindles, therefore last longer. ..and are faster..

So, if looking for a new PC or laptop, or upgrading an existing PC/laptop. 

I would advise that the hard drive is SSD. 

Edited by miko
  • Great Info 2

I brought my Minix box back with me to the UK and last week I finally had my permanent broadband Internet connection installed in the flat.

The Minix box was already preloaded with Netflix and Prime and turns the TV provided by my Daughters into the complete smart TV. The picture quality is sharper and better than in Thailand and I again have access to all the sport and general TV I could ever need.

How the BBC tracked me down by name is beyond me. They gave me 10 days to pay for the BBC license!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

35 minutes ago, miko said:

The main component in my experience, which fails, is the hard drive, which is constantly working,(reading and writing data)

The old style hard drive contained spindles, which over usage and time , gradually wear out..., therefore don't work 

The new style of hard drive (SSD) do not contain spindles, therefore last longer. ..and are faster..

So, if looking for a new PC or laptop, or upgrading an existing PC/laptop. 

I would advise that the hard drive is SSD. 

In that particular computer I have to 1 terabyte Western Digital hard drives and I have a SSD 240gb boot Drive. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, Yesitisdakid said:

In that particular computer I have to 1 terabyte Western Digital hard drives and I have a SSD 240gb boot Drive. 

My laptop has a button marked "On".

I am always so relieved when it does. 😃

16 hours ago, Jambo said:

I brought my Minix box back with me to the UK and last week I finally had my permanent broadband Internet connection installed in the flat.

The Minix box was already preloaded with Netflix and Prime and turns the TV provided by my Daughters into the complete smart TV. The picture quality is sharper and better than in Thailand and I again have access to all the sport and general TV I could ever need.

How the BBC tracked me down by name is beyond me. They gave me 10 days to pay for the BBC license!

Are you connected to the EU server when viewing channels on HD Prime @Jambo?

If you are, this might explain why, you are receiving a better quality picture, as you are currently living closer to EU than Asia..

Edited by miko

• 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Sea-Hawks said:

So, it seems that both files are 4k & DTS 5.1 sound.  

So, why is the 1st one listed 80GB and the 2nd one only 30 GB?

7E7EDBDB-FA14-4D31-9A54-71373BCEB2B6.jpeg

The second one uses H.265 (High Efficiency Video Coding) to compress the video. Given a choice I usually opt for that file as on my system there's no way I'll ever be able to tell the difference between the compressed vs uncompressed video.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

Anybody in Pattaya interested in getting together to update One’s Android/Himedia Box with the current Kodec so you can watch free tv & movies???

If so, I won’t mind having a get-together at my place and providing a pizza lunch while we help each other update our boxes. 

Btw, I’m not media savvy, so we’ll need someone in the group to help out with that.  

…Let me know guys!

Todd

ps, maybe Larry could also come by and show us directly how to use ip torrents and streaming too, while we’re at it too

Edited by Sea-Hawks

6 hours ago, Sea-Hawks said:

Anybody in Pattaya interested in getting together to update One’s Android/Himedia Box with the current Kodec so you can watch free tv & movies???

If so, I won’t mind having a get-together at my place and providing a pizza lunch while we help each other update our boxes. 

Btw, I’m not media savvy, so we’ll need someone in the group to help out with that.  

…Let me know guys!

Todd

ps, maybe Larry could also come by and show us directly how to use ip torrents and streaming too, while we’re at it too

6 hours ago, Sea-Hawks said:

…Let me know guys!

Todd

Just let me know when once you see how easy you will bin your box

• Surprised 1

• 1 month later...

On 8/2/2021 at 10:09 PM, Yesitisdakid said:

The PC i use for downloading/IPTV is 7 years old only issue i have had was a bad power supply 3 years ago. Still runs fine 

How easy would it be to run IPTV from my new Samsung Smart TV?

I am mainly looking for American Football...is that available?

And, will I be able to watch the games live?

And, will I be able to go back if I missed a game live and watch it at my own leisure?

...is the IPTorrents site still available to make a donation to gain access to the free IPTV?

Can't answer the smart TV question as I buy not smart TVs as I run my PCs through it so no need you can do the same if you wish but can also I believe download the IPtorrent site and VLC to your TV. I have a neighbor that had issues with his Samsung Smart TV streaming IPTV he gave up and bought a small media PC from Lazada 6500 baht and no more issues 

American football every game every week On the IPtorrents links.

All live I drag my ass out of bed every week during Football season.

Yes have links to replay the games

Yes donations as little as 10 bucks a month give you IPTV access.

I just installed a new PC for Striderman and gave him my other access so he can watch all his English football {soccer to some of us}

He is happy as a scoutmaster in a tent full of boy scouts.

Earlier in this thread I postes Tongue in cheek Buffering what is buffering ? 

Every IPTV provider  will at some point experience buffering. If a provider says their service has no buffering at all ever they are full of shit like a xmas goose. 

With my 2 servers i have very very little but once in awhile will have a but buy not at all a everyday issue

I am happy to come by and help you with the setup if needed.  I am at your building a few times a week anyway

Edited by Yesitisdakid
  • Great Info 1

2 hours ago, Yesitisdakid said:

Can't answer the smart TV question as I buy not smart TVs as I run my PCs through it so no need you can do the same if you wish but can also I believe download the IPtorrent site and VLC to your TV. I have a neighbor that had issues with his Samsung Smart TV streaming IPTV he gave up and bought a small media PC from Lazada 6500 baht and no more issues 

American football every game every week On the IPtorrents links.

All live I drag my ass out of bed every week during Football season.

Yes have links to replay the games

Yes donations as little as 10 bucks a month give you IPTV access.

I just installed a new PC for Striderman and gave him my other access so he can watch all his English football {soccer to some of us}

He is happy as a scoutmaster in a tent full of boy scouts.

Earlier in this thread I postes Tongue in cheek Buffering what is buffering ? 

Every IPTV provider  will at some point experience buffering. If a provider says their service has no buffering at all ever they are full of shit like a xmas goose. 

With my 2 servers i have very very little but once in awhile will have a but buy not at all a everyday issue

I am happy to come by and help you with the setup if needed.  I am at your building a few times a week anyway

Ah, ok.  Thanks for the detailed info!

I’ll see if the smart tv will be possible & sign-up for the free tv with a donation first.

Appreciate the help…didn’t understand about the 2 servers…is that like having two internet routers? And is it expensive?

1 minute ago, Sea-Hawks said:

Ah, ok.  Thanks for the detailed info!

I’ll see if the smart tv will be possible & sign-up for the free tv with a donation first.

Appreciate the help…didn’t understand about the 2 servers…is that like having two internet routers? And is it expensive?

I have the IPtorrent IPTV and one other one from a friend as well about 150 US a year total.

I also have 2 different Internet providers True and Cat and those cost me 1200 a month for both 

one could be fine for most but I do not want to be with out it so having two of each pretty much insures that that i won't

• Thumbs Up 2

5 hours ago, Sea-Hawks said:

How easy would it be to run IPTV from my new Samsung Smart TV?

I am mainly looking for American Football...is that available?

And, will I be able to watch the games live?

And, will I be able to go back if I missed a game live and watch it at my own leisure?

...is the IPTorrents site still available to make a donation to gain access to the free IPTV?

If that is your main concern then for under $US20 per month (it's an annual subscription) you can get NFL gamepass.

Covers pre-season, regular season, playoffs and super bowl. Live games and recorded. 10 minute just the action, 40 minute highlights and coaches film, every play from all available cameras but you'll have to provide your own commentary.

Android app and Samsung smart TV (depending upon the year of manufacture) or web browser. Normal subscription covers 5 devices (from memory).

https://www.nflgamepass.com/en

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, fygjam said:

If that is your main concern then for under $US20 per month (it's an annual subscription) you can get NFL gamepass.

Covers pre-season, regular season, playoffs and super bowl. Live games and recorded. 10 minute just the action, 40 minute highlights and coaches film, every play from all available cameras but you'll have to provide your own commentary.

Android app and Samsung smart TV (depending upon the year of manufacture) or web browser. Normal subscription covers 5 devices (from memory).

https://www.nflgamepass.com/en

No commentary / play by play?

So watching the action and playing noice/fan noise only?

1 minute ago, Sea-Hawks said:

No commentary / play by play?

So watching the action and playing noice/fan noise only?

The coaches film is no commentary, it's just a mashup of every play from every available camera.

The other options are from the regular TV broadcasts, FOX, NBC etc including commentary.

9 minutes ago, fygjam said:

The coaches film is no commentary, it's just a mashup of every play from every available camera.

The other options are from the regular TV broadcasts, FOX, NBC etc including commentary.

…how long are the recorded games available?

1 hour ago, Yesitisdakid said:

I have the IPtorrent IPTV and one other one from a friend as well about 150 US a year total.

I also have 2 different Internet providers True and Cat and those cost me 1200 a month for both 

one could be fine for most but I do not want to be with out it so having two of each pretty much insures that that i won't

I used to do the same, have two ISP's for the rare times one was offline. But over the years mobile data has gotten so good I dropped one ISP and now use my phone as a hotspot as plan B when my sole ISP (True) takes a holiday. Used to pay 99B/week for 2GB of data, but then a BM on another board recommended a 1 yr data SIM from Lazada that cost about 1300B/yr for 70GB of data/month.

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I have been using an IPTV service through my Nvidia android box for years - with updates disabled. The IPTV service covers all my sports and TV channels (European) and also has movies and TV series (not the latest but when released on web). I only use the Nvidia for the IPTV and for playing 4K movies - tried many 'black boxes' before the Nvidia and they all disappointed.  It is plugged into a big LG TV that has no internet connected (all TV smart systems are dumb sheite).

I also have an old Win7 Laptop plugged into that TV for downloads and basic web and entertainment stuff - setup so all non-essential services windows and system ones are disabled - zero security.  If anything goes wrong I can simply wipe the laptop OS and reload the backed up system again.  I use the Win7 PC for playing HD movies and downloads and basic entertainment stuff (Brave browser).  VLC is the media player on both the Nvidia and Win7 devices.   The Win7 PC struggles sometimes with the 4K movies, but the NVidia plays them great - each device has an external hard drive attached. Currently waiting for 2TB and 4TB SSD drives to become more reasonably priced, and will then move over to those for storage.

I also have a fairly new laptop in the office running Win10 with full security and a VPN connection - I use that for all personal stuff like banking, and all office needs - I never download or play anything or do anything 'risky' on that laptop. I am happy to use win10 for the secure laptop, but I hate the fact that it auto updates and adds apps to 'enhance my life' and that it is basically 'watching' me - it can be very easily tracked and traced - almost impossible to remain anon.

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

For streaming unpaid content in Thailand, any reason to bother with getting a VPN like we might do back in the States/UK?

Also, while were at it, any reason to get VPN too if we are using like IP Torrents site?

thxs