Pop Songs We Hate To Admit We Love

Glasseye

9 hours ago, Britboy said:

Boston are in my top 5 favourite bands.

Just brill, whenever "More than a feeling" comes on my Truevisions rock channel up the volume goes, wifey runs for cover lol

Great pics BB

Edited by Pumpuynarak
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Just brill, whenever "More than a feeling" comes on my Truevisions rock channel up the volume goes, wifey runs for cover lol

Great pics BB

Seems unbelievable that More Than A Feeling was released in 1976.

Another of my favourite Boston tracks is this one:-

• Thumbs Up 1

@BritboyYeah Boston was a great band too, saw their first tour here in 1976 at Winterland, San Francisco. Who is this Tom Scholz guy?  God, the things he did with his Guitar for 1976 were on another level. Was sad to hear that Brad Delp committed suicide. Didn't he leave a note to his family saying he had "no friends"?  We all think rock stars have it made....not always huh?  Great pics and heard on many forums, that he loved people and talking with his fans. 

Like I said before, I just cannot shake these great 70's bands....so looking forward to Foreigner. 

• Thumbs Up 1

26 minutes ago, Yessongs said:

@BritboyYeah Boston was a great band too, saw their first tour here in 1976 at Winterland, San Francisco. Who is this Tom Scholz guy?  God, the things he did with his Guitar for 1976 were on another level. Was sad to hear that Brad Delp committed suicide. Didn't he leave a note to his family saying he had "no friends"?  We all think rock stars have it made....not always huh?  Great pics and heard on many forums, that he loved people and talking with his fans. 

Like I said before, I just cannot shake these great 70's bands....so looking forward to Foreigner. 

Yeah, Tom Sholz is an odd one. Whilst as you say he's a brilliant guitarist, creating unique sounds via some electronics he developed himself (he's a qualified engineer) he was also a tricky character. They've only made a handful of albums since 1976, partly due to a major fallout with the record label and partly due to him producing and engineering all the albums in his studio at home. No problem with that but he's a total perfectionist and would take months to get the sound he wanted.

It was really sad about Brad. He did leave notes for his wife and kids, basically he couldn't handle the pressure any more of people wanting a piece of him. He was such a nice, friendly guy, would talk to anyone so it was hard for him to deal with the adulation and keep time to himself. He dragged a charcoal bbq into his bathroom. So sad.

Interesting story about the lead singer who replaced Brad. He was a fan and sent a tape in to Sholtz. The rest is history as they say.

While I'm a Brit I did live in the US for a few years in the mid 80's. San Francisco probably my favourite city in the US, had some great times there.

Bet you are looking forward to Foreigner. I'd see them again if the opportunity arose. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
22 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

I have never been a Country music fan, except for the Eagles, and associated it with Rednecks 

That said, I heard this song again for the first time in years and I must confess that I really enjoyed it 

There's some incredible country music songs, but that ain't one of them😄

• Haha 2

Growing up i don't think there was a Duran Duran song i didn't like.

Which was a bit awkward when you're running about in tartan bondage trousers, destroy cheesecloth top, 14 hole Docs and screaming anarchy in the UK!

• Like 1
  • Surprised 1

7 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Growing up i don't think there was a Duran Duran song i didn't like.

Which was a bit awkward when you're running about in tartan bondage trousers, destroy cheesecloth top, 14 hole Docs and screaming anarchy in the UK!

That's a great song.

7 minutes ago, Lemondropkid said:

Well when through the burst of creativity that was punk rock your nation's finest moment was Ca Plane Pour Moi, you might just have to face up to having shite musical taste.

I know that you are die hard fan of the Bachelors, so I shall not mention them 😁😁

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Lemondropkid said:

They are like Mozart compared to your taste in country😉

I normally don't have any interest  in Country music, with the exception of the Eagles and possibly Jim Croce

The rest of it is generally performed by pig farmers and labourers in between jobs 😁😁

4 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

I have never been a Country music fan, except for the Eagles, and associated it with Rednecks 

That said, I heard this song again for the first time in years and I must confess that I really enjoyed it 

This song, " Look What You Done To Me" (Boz Skaggs) is from the Urban Cowboy soundtrack as well. Here is that version...  

A far better version of the song is this live version done some time later. It is without a doubt in my mind one of the best live performances I've ever seen, and for that matter one of the most beautiful songs I've ever heard. Absolutely breathtaking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oI08u7md2TQ

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...