The truth about running a business here right now

tommy dee

Nicky's is great - eat there virtually every week, its like a good english cafe - no frills, but good food at a reasonable price.

The portions can be huge - like for the fish and chips for 229 (i think it is :)) - you get a huge fish, chips, peas or beans and 2 slices of bread - good value. Also their Ploughmans is decent and includes a jacket potatoe.

I hope they can survive this, its the rent which is screwing most businesses at the moment in Pattaya - as that forms most of the fixed costs, and Thai Landlords are reluctant to drop rents. 

My only grips is with the coffee - they dont have a proper coffee machine, so i tend to only have a beer or water with food.

EDIT  - forgot to add - They have comfortable chairs and cold aircon 🙂 

Edited by Chappo
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

I'd give my right arm to enjoy a "proper" sunday roast, its about the only thing i miss from the UK other than family/friends. I've had before here in Thailand and the meat is tasteless despite paying an arm and a leg for, we even went to the Kantary hotel Korat i had the lamb chops at 750bht, load of tasteless dry rubbish imo.

If anyone knows if Nicky's does their sunday roast on other days please advise, i'd like to support the bar as BM's here are speaking highly of the food and service.

Yes indeed Whitespider roast dinners take a lot of prep/cooking time and planning/booking is necessary if you want it fresh. 

PS - I don't do FB

Looking at online food delivery firms in Patts on their page for Nicky's the menu doesn't list a roast dinner. Given the prep time you mention, it would make sense that you'd only want to put in on, one day per week.

You're just going to have to sacrifice your usual marathon Sunday church service🙏

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Pinoydave said:

@tommy deegreat interview..... please try to support a few other long termers who aren’t part of the YouTube in crowd!

with the excepption of our "pimp in a predicatment"  ( working title) wot we are working on for this week, no one we will be chatting with or any subjects will be rehashes of others.  I dont film in the streets or wander down to the girlie bars.  its a different game plan so I hope u can enjoy.

Am looking for new "blood" all the time tho, so PM with any ideas.  cheers

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

It is a great place, went there last week, well the Friday before last. Had the Fish and Chips Special, which I had with the curry sauce, was spot on. Have added a link if anyone wants to see a bit about Nickys, if you are not here at the moment, and not using Facebook. Hope that is not breaking any rules!

https://keithinpattaya.com/2021/02/nickys-restaurant-bar-guesthouse-soi-buakhow-pattaya-thailand/

2021-04-09 14.04.58 2.jpg

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Keith said:

It is a great place, went there last week, well the Friday before last. Had the Fish and Chips Special, which I had with the curry sauce, was spot on. Have added a link if anyone wants to see a bit about Nickys, if you are not here at the moment, and not using Facebook. Hope that is not breaking any rules!

https://keithinpattaya.com/2021/02/nickys-restaurant-bar-guesthouse-soi-buakhow-pattaya-thailand/

2021-04-09 14.04.58 2.jpg

Nice blog :tu:

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1