You Tube (Threads Merged)

Anwar Sadat

12 hours ago, Jambo said:

lol..........

Those Boxer's are incredibly strong.

Used to have one living next door to me. It would literally pick up a giant truck tire in it's mouth and walk around with it like it was a fucking rag doll.

I would never want to f**k around with one of those dogs. But, the are lovely animals.     5555555 !

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Yessongs said:

Just saw this on You Tube. 

I spent a lot of dosh giving out handouts before when I was last there in Dec. 2020. I wish I was there now to do something. For now, I send a few baht to some of my fiends in need. I am hoping that many of the other guys in here are doing the same.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Glasseye said:

lol..........

Used to have one living next door to me. It would literally pick up a giant truck tire in it's mouth and walk around with it like it was a fucking rag doll.

I would never want to f**k around with one of those dogs. But, the are lovely animals.     5555555 !

5 hours ago, Glasseye said:

lol..........

From the age of 7 to 16 my family dog was a boxer called "Butch".  He was daft as a brush but all that a dog should be.

My Granddad used to take him to the Red Lion pub most evenings and he often used to drink beer out of those heavy ash trays they had in pubs in the old days. Butch would sometimes come back pissed, red eyed and do zoomies round the house. Like my Granddad he only liked Guinness. 

3 hours ago, Jambo said:

From the age of 7 to 16 my family dog was a boxer called "Butch".  He was daft as a brush but all that a dog should be.

My Granddad used to take him to the Red Lion pub most evenings and he often used to drink beer out of those heavy ash trays they had in pubs in the old days. Butch would sometimes come back pissed, red eyed and do zoomies round the house. Like my Granddad he only liked Guinness. 

55555555555555555555 !

Well as a die hard Genesis fan for many years, have always liked their music right? Ok seen pretty much every tour since 1974 with Peter Gabriel and then as I am sure many of you know, Phil Collins took over and the rest is history.

So...turned wifey on to Genesis 10-12 years ago, when we would meet up and I  would come to Bangkok or when she would visit here, I would play various Genesis tunes. She was starting to understand their music and liked some of their tunes right? 

So for sure, this one "I can't dance" really went over well with her. Turned her on to this video and this tune came out in 1991 and was quite popular for the band. Seen them live in concert do this song many times.  

So as I am sure alot of you ( especially all the brits on the forum) know by now, they have decided to give it a go one more time. Yes Phil's health is not good, we all know his story, alcoholism, back surgeries, bad divorces etc.etc. etc.  At age 70 now, this is for sure "The Last Domino" for the band, no west coast dates in America will probably be coming for us die hards.

So...just showed wifey this video from last night in Birmingham.......as you can imagine she never disappoints with her analysis!  Reminded her of the 1991 version, then showed her the video from last night in the UK.

She looks at me and says " Oiiiiiii, what happen to him? He looks like old man now and he cannot walk, and he has to sit in chair to sing"??   I love this woman...seriously. Yes for sure like all of us, we are not what we were back in 1991....indeed. 

"She's got a body under that shirt, but the only thing she'll do is rub my face in the dirt" 😛

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

My o my. Great post Mike, yet very difficult to see.

I am a huge Genesis fan, especially the early days and of course all of Peter Gabriel's stuff. I recently posted a Youtube vid of a more recent (well, within the past 10-15 years anyway) of a full Peter Gabriel show... incredible. I mean the quality of that production was so beautiful and moving there were parts that could bring tears. I highly recommend if you ever find the time.

I do appreciate Phil's music, although I don't find it on the same level as I do Peter's. Yet he did some very enjoyable stuff over the years... a lot of good memories. Probably my fav was off the "And Then There Was Three" album, "Follow you Follow Me" - beautiful song.

Heartbreaking to see Phil in the condition he is in. I hope the best for him, but it doesn't look very good. He shows how a series of bad events can really break you down. If you don't fight things off and allow them to pile up there often comes a point where it's just too much to overcome. I am afraid that is where he is at. 

Lesson to be learned - when bad shit comes your way (as it surely will) fight back and do whatever you can to get on top of it, because something else will surely be around the corner waiting to jump on you when you are the most vulnerable. If you don't fight off the first attacking wolf the entire pack will be on you in a heart beat, by then it's too late.

• Like 2

Saw Genesis first time in 1971 at the Oldfield Tavern in Greenford. It was a great venue and where Keith Moon auditioned for the WHO.  Doubled as a disco on some nights, think it was called Oscars, sadly the Tavern is now a block of flats.

Pete Gabriel was fronting then and I was in a crowd of no more than 200 listening to a fantastic concert based around their great album 'The Return Of The Giant Hogweed'.

Seen them about 4 times since, the last time at Twickenham Stadium a few years back, I actually preferred the small pub style concert, so close and personal.  Back in the 70's when I was in the 6th form at grammar school you either liked Genesis or Yes, you couldn't like both;  was always a fight to get your album on the record player in the prefects room.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Horizondave said:

Saw Genesis first time in 1971 at the Oldfield Tavern in Greenford. It was a great venue and where Keith Moon auditioned for the WHO.  Doubled as a disco on some nights, think it was called Oscars, sadly the Tavern is now a block of flats.

Pete Gabriel was fronting then and I was in a crowd of no more than 200 listening to a fantastic concert based around their great album 'The Return Of The Giant Hogweed'.

Seen them about 4 times since, the last time at Twickenham Stadium a few years back, I actually preferred the small pub style concert, so close and personal.  Back in the 70's when I was in the 6th form at grammar school you either liked Genesis or Yes, you couldn't like both;  was always a fight to get your album on the record player in the prefects room.

I happen to love both Yes and Genesis. I'm also both a Cubs and a White Sox fan.

I must be some kind of a weirdo. Please forgive me.       lol

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

I happen to love both Yes and Genesis. I'm also both a Cubs and a White Sox fan.

I must be some kind of a weirdo. Please forgive me.       lol

I like both now but back in '71 at school it was Genesis or Yes, there was a definite dislike (competition) in my school days. I was probably in the smaller camp for those liking Genesis as well.