You Tube (Threads Merged)

Anwar Sadat

A good, behind the scenes look at SailGP. Hadn't realized how much data is collected, and the extensive ops center that is used to process all that data.

I also think, gone are the days when people rightly said sail races wouldn't attract many viewers due to races taking place too far offshore. With onboard cameras, drones and helicopters capturing the action, graphic overlays and sailboats hitting 60mph the action is intense and exciting to watch.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

I also think, gone are the days when people rightly said sail races wouldn't attract many viewers due to races taking place too far offshore. With onboard cameras, drones and helicopters capturing the action, graphic overlays and sailboats hitting 60mph the action is intense and exciting to watch.

Not just sailboat racing but other sports such as competitive surfing, non-competitive skiing, POV daredevil sports (e.g., mtn. biking, wingsuits, etc.). Technology and various internet-based streaming sites have increased armchair viewing opportunities. Re-cap vids are fun to watch too, as a lot of the completions have 'down' times.

Edited by lazarus
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Over the past week I have been watching clips of the Heard/Depp trial. For me the "best" bit was the looney Psychiatrist called by Heard the Turd's lawyers...

I have no idea if this bloke is correct or not but it is not beyond belief...

I've avoided this case completely, but now it's the lead story on fcuking Newsnight , normally a serious new programme.... 

3 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

I've avoided this case completely, but now it's the lead story on fcuking Newsnight , normally a serious new programme.... 

The subject of sexual and physical abuse is an extremely serious matter, especially if the "victim" is lying, so I understand the Newsnight interest .... but I have to say parts of the trial had me in stitches.

27 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

The subject of sexual and physical abuse is an extremely serious matter, especially if the "victim" is lying, so I understand the Newsnight interest .... but I have to say parts of the trial had me in stitches.

I think it was more , the social media aspect of the case and their careers post this ... they both had to pay damages , although she has to pay more ...  and there maybe appeals ... but looks like his career is safe 

• Thumbs Up 1