The Derek Chauvin George Floyd Murder Trial.

Kathmandu

6 hours ago, Mr. Smooth said:

Listen here Kat, what facts are being twisted? If a post of mine revealed Floyd was 6'7" instead of 6"4", it was because that was the height reported in the news article I read bout him. So...the MEDIA got that point wrong about Floyd.

But I guess with a guy like you, size DOES matter, eh?

Anytime you want to measure your intellect with mine, especially given the very low quality of content of your posts in these political threads, you let me know. The adolescent crap you post, and you're what, mid 40's at least, right? Maybe older than that? I sometimes have to shake my head thinking I'm reading something written by a 13 year old snot nose high school freshman when glazing over your chicken scratch.

As a far left progressive, you, of all people, should know all about deception and exaggeration and lies, regarding what you believe. So much of what you think, when you think, just isn't true. I simply point out your fallacies.

As does roobob. 

Floyd didn't deserve the fate that happened to him and the cop was found guilty and will soon be sentenced. But as I pointed out earlier, his trial wasn't a fair one and should be granted a new one based upon his lawyer's appeal. I think he will be found guilty a second time, based upon the evidence, but hopefully a new trial, perhaps in a different city and/or state, would be without the circus-like atmosphere with political and social (and MEDIA) pressures that was present in the Minneapolis trial.

We should know something later this year.

You can always tell when a guy is losing the argument when he believes everything he reads and then blames the MEDIA for not doing his due diligence. Were you not taught to question what you read?

You can always tell when a guy is losing the argument when he plays the "childish" card, though he is the child. Classic example of emotional insecurity.

You can always tell when a guy is losing the argument when he becomes really loquacious but says nothing of substance and takes his opinions as "facts". 

f**k me running. You're dumber than dumb and dumber for Christ sakes. Now get back on topic and try not to get the thread closed a 2nd time.

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, Kathmandu said:

You can always tell when a guy is losing the argument when he believes everything he reads and then blames the MEDIA for not doing his due diligence. Were you not taught to question what you read?

You can always tell when a guy is losing the argument when he plays the "childish" card, though he is the child. Classic example of emotional insecurity.

You can always tell when a guy is losing the argument when he becomes really loquacious but says nothing of substance and takes his opinions as "facts". 

f**k me running. You're dumber than dumb and dumber for Christ sakes. Now get back on topic and try not to get the thread closed a 2nd time.

Kathmandu to a tee......lol

cheers

See the source image

Edited by roobob
  • Haha 3

This is a very sad story that went down not far from where I' living now.  A veteran police officer (left pic) a few months short of retirement was jumped from behind  and head-stomped by the scumbag in the right picture.  Officer Heacook died in hospital a few days later.  

This is a relevant case for several reasons:  1) suspects who aren't carrying a gun can still be very dangerous; 2) the b*stard had 38(!!!) arrests in the state of Maryland alone, mostly for serious crimes; and 3) underfunding has meant small towns can't hire enough officers, forcing police departments to dispatch officers alone.

Delaware officer who was brutally assaulted dies from injuries; suspect now charged with murder

heacook.PNG

Here's the eulogy his cousin delivered at Officer Heacook's funeral.  It's well worth listening to; the cousin really slams media coverage of attacks on police.

Evil

• Great Info 3

16 hours ago, roobob said:

Kathmandu to a tee......lol

cheers

See the source image

There you are for all to see 2 bob, with your double chin, a fat gut, floppy tits and a flabby ass. Looks like a receding hairline too. Were you in your 20's when the photo was taken? Bwwwaaaahahaha.

3 hours ago, Evil Penevil said:

This is a very sad story that went down not far from where I' living now.  A veteran police officer (left pic) a few months short of retirement was jumped from behind  and head-stomped by the scumbag in the right picture.  Officer Heacook died in hospital a few days later.  

This is a relevant case for several reasons:  1) suspects who aren't carrying a gun can still be very dangerous; 2) the b*stard had 38(!!!) arrests in the state of Maryland alone, mostly for serious crimes; and 3) underfunding has meant small towns can't hire enough officers, forcing police departments to dispatch officers alone.

Delaware officer who was brutally assaulted dies from injuries; suspect now charged with murder

heacook.PNG

Here's the eulogy his cousin delivered at Officer Heacook's funeral.  It's well worth listening to; the cousin really slams media coverage of attacks on police.

Evil

HTF can this guy with 38 arrests still be loose, in a country with 2 million+ inmates? 

Like I always say, not a cop lover, far from it, but so close to retirement and loses his life to a coward like that.....sad tale indeed

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Some additional examples of what happens when political ideology is allowed to influence the justice system.

Unfortunately, cases like this are all too common in the U.S.  Here's another devastating example, the torture and murder of an older Vietnamese couple by a trio led by a young man who'd only served three years of a 30-year prison sentence.  He killed the couple two months after his release from prison.

Parole after only three years of a 30-year sentence is unprecedented in the U.S., but the killer had the strong backing of local BLM activists who claimed he deserved a "second chance" because of the the racist judicial system.  The Parole Board gave in to political pressure.

Suspect in couple's break-in execution served only 3 years of 30-year sentence

Another tragic case in which a group of sadistic perpetrators were given the lightest possible sentence for ideological reasons:

'I'm disgusted': Mom targets liberal DA after son's horrific killing

Thee next case isn't anywhere near as serious as the first two, but it does illustrate why people are getting fed up with the U.S. justice system. Absurdity stacked on absurdity in defiance of any concept what's reasonable.

Car Thief Arrested, Released 3 Times In 24 Hours After Pursuit Due To CA’s Zero-Bail Policy

Evil

1 hour ago, Evil Penevil said:

Some additional examples of what happens when political ideology is allowed to influence the justice system.

Unfortunately, cases like this are all too common in the U.S.  Here's another devastating example, the torture and murder of an older Vietnamese couple by a trio led by a young man who'd only served three years of a 30-year prison sentence.  He killed the couple two months after his release from prison.

Parole after only three years of a 30-year sentence is unprecedented in the U.S., but the killer had the strong backing of local BLM activists who claimed he deserved a "second chance" because of the the racist judicial system.  The Parole Board gave in to political pressure.

Suspect in couple's break-in execution served only 3 years of 30-year sentence

Another tragic case in which a group of sadistic perpetrators were given the lightest possible sentence for ideological reasons:

'I'm disgusted': Mom targets liberal DA after son's horrific killing

Thee next case isn't anywhere near as serious as the first two, but it does illustrate why people are getting fed up with the U.S. justice system. Absurdity stacked on absurdity in defiance of any concept what's reasonable.

Car Thief Arrested, Released 3 Times In 24 Hours After Pursuit Due To CA’s Zero-Bail Policy

Evil

So you're saying summary executions committed by police are justified because of other perceived failings of the justice system.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Surprised 1

1 hour ago, fygjam said:

So you're saying summary executions committed by police are justified because of other perceived failings of the justice system.

Evil did not say that at all.

cheers  

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, fygjam said:

That's not at all what I'm saying.  I absolutely don't believe in summary executions.  However, I also don't believe any summary executions have taken place and the facts in almost all officer-involved shootings have been deliberately distorted by BLM and other groups as a strategy to achieve their political goals.

Evil

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Extrajudicial killings are nothing new in the US. Lynching was commonplace up until the mid 20th Century.

Lynching in the United States

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lynching_in_the_United_States

Lynching in the United States was a widespread occurrence beginning in the 1830s Antebellum South until the civil rights movement in the 1950s and 1960s. Although the victims of lynching in the U.S. for the first few decades of the phenomenon were predominantly white Southerners, after the American Civil War emancipated roughly 4 million enslaved African-Americans, they became the primary targets of lynchings beginning in the Reconstruction era. Lynchings in the U.S. reached their height from the 1890s to the 1920s, and primarily targeted African-Americans and other ethnic minorities. The American South saw the majority of lynchings as it contained the largest number of African-Americans residing there, although racially motivated lynchings occurred in the Midwest and border states as well...

... According to the Tuskegee Institute, 4,743 people were lynched between 1882 and 1968 in the United States, including 3,446 African Americans and 1,297 whites.,,

... A major motive for lynchings, particularly in the South, was the white society's efforts to maintain white supremacy after the emancipation of slaves following the American Civil War. It punished perceived violations of customs, later institutionalized as Jim Crow laws, which mandated racial segregation of whites and blacks, and second-class status for blacks. A 2017 paper found that more racially segregated counties were more likely to be places where whites conducted lynchings...

... In modern scholarship, researchers estimate that 597 Mexicans were lynched between 1848 and 1928. Mexicans were lynched at a rate of 27.4 per 100,000 of population between 1880 and 1930. This statistic was second only to that of the African-American community, which endured an average of 37.1 per 100,000 of population during that period. Between 1848 and 1879, Mexicans were lynched at an unprecedented rate of 473 per 100,000 of population...

. . .

Map reveals that lynching extended far beyond the deep South

https://news.psu.edu/story/574454/2019/05/15/research/map-reveals-lynching-extended-far-beyond-deep-south

lynchingImageLarge.jpeg

Edited by lazarus

1 minute ago, Evil Penevil said:

Lynching represents the worst aspect of U.S. society and deserves the strongest possible condemnation. However, lynching is a totally different situation from police use of lethal force.

Evil

Sure it is. The police wear uniforms.

45 minutes ago, lazarus said:

Sure it is. The police wear uniforms.

Lynching is an extra-judicial phenomenon; it is an unlawful act totally outside the legal process.  Police apprehension and arrests of suspects of crime are a basic part of the judicial process.  Sometimes police use excessive force or otherwise violate the law, but that doesn't make it a lynching.

In virtually all the high-profile police shootings in recent years, the suspect was given the opportunity to surrender before lethal force was used.  Many times the officers had a warrant for the suspect's arrest.  In some cases, the officers may have used poor judgment, become nervous, over-reacted, etc. with deadly and unlawful outcomes, but that is nothing like a lynching.

Evil

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Evil Penevil said:

In virtually all the high-profile police shootings in recent years, the suspect was given the opportunity to surrender before lethal force was used. 

How do you know? 

Cops do whatever they want to do and in many cases and the public never learns of it.

Ever heard of the "Blue Wall of Silence"..?

Bodycams are helping, however not every department has them and in some cases they are turned purposely off.

. . .

Blue Wall of Silence
A CURATED COLLECTION OF LINKS

https://www.themarshallproject.org/records/605-blue-wall-of-silence

Police ethics and integrity: Keeping the ‘blue code’ of silence

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1177/1461355720947762

International Journal of Police Science & Management

Hands up, Don't Shoot: Police Misconduct and the Need for Body Cameras

https://scholarship.law.ufl.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1290&context=flr

In another case of police murder...

City Of Columbus To Pay $10 Million In Settlement With Family Of Andre Hill

https://www.npr.org/2021/05/14/996979538/city-of-columbus-to-pay-10-million-in-settlement-with-family-of-andre-hill

... (Officer) Coy and his partner had been dispatched to respond to a non-emergency call about a person sitting in an SUV and intermittently running the car, according to city officials.

The two officers arrived at a home with an open garage door. As they approached with a flashlight on, Hill walked out, showing the officers his cell phone screen with one hand, his other hand in the pocket of his winter coat.

Coy shot him four times, according to an autopsy, in an encounter that lasted less than a minute.

Neither officer turned on their body camera until after the shooting, but a 60-second "look-back" feature captured the encounter without audio. Footage also shows that more than 10 minutes passed before Hill received any medical attention.

"Everybody knew that this was wrong. And in the face of wrong, what do we want responsible leaders to do? What do we want the example to be for our children?" said civil rights attorney Benjamin Crump, who has represented Hill's family, along with many others of those killed by police. "When you see wrong, then your obligation is to do right."

The department fired Coy on December 28 for failing to turn on his body camera and for not providing medical aid.

He has since been charged with murder and felonious assault. He was arrested in February and was released on a $1 million bond. He faces a maximum sentence of life in prison. Coy has pleaded not guilty to those charges.

Ooops...shot the 'perp' by mistake.

SFPD shooting may prompt new body camera rules for plainclothes cops
Police chief says incident ‘should not have happened’

https://www.sfexaminer.com/news/sfpd-shooting-may-prompt-new-body-camera-rules-for-plainclothes-cops/

... Having video of the shooting ensured there was “no debate” about what happened in the alley that day or whether Pittman did anything to require police to use deadly force against him, Pointer said.

And based on the security footage, law enforcement sources say (Officer) McAuliffe may have acted outside of department training that advises officers not to have their firearms out when coming into physical contact with a subject.

Doing so during an arrest or detention could result in officer safety issues including being disarmed, the sources said.

“You could shoot yourself or the suspect,” Pointer said of the practice.

Security video from the alley shows Pittman sifting through items near the trunk of a vehicle when McAuliffe and the other officer rushed him from behind and one of the officers grabbed him.

Another camera did not record the shooting but captured audio of police announcing their presence immediately before a single gunshot went off.

“I didn’t do nothing,” Pittman can be heard saying. “You shot me.”

At a virtual town hall meeting on the case Thursday, (Police Chief) Scott departed from his usual routine of initially withholding judgement on police shootings and said the incident “quite simply should not have happened.”

The San Francisco Police Department’s body camera policy from 2016 requires officers to activate the recording devices during detentions, arrests, uses of force and other circumstances.

But Scott said there is an exemption for officers working certain plainclothes operations, like the one ongoing when the shooting occurred.

On 5/13/2021 at 7:57 AM, roobob said:

Evil did not say that at all.

cheers  

Evil Is a race apologist. If you're black you're bad. If you're Asian, you're good. Even though Asian On Asian violence is far worst as I've documented.

• Sad 1

On 5/19/2021 at 8:08 PM, Kathmandu said:

Evil Is a race apologist.

No, I'm not. I don't make excuses for violent crimes by Asians.  I believe people of any race should be punished for the crimes they commit.

If you're black and commit crimes against innocent people, you're bad. If you're Asian, and don't commit crimes, you're good.

Fixed that for you to reflect what I actually believe.

Even though Asian On Asian violence is far worst as I've documented.

Not by any stretch of the imagination.  What you documented was an example of Asian gang warfare, which is indeed bad, but hardly reaches the level of violence by Blacks on each other or other races.

Take a look at the FBI Crime in 2019 report.  It shows 4,078 arrests for murder or non-negligent homicide by Blacks and only 83 by Asians and 28 by native Hawaiians or other Pacific islanders. Blacks accounted for 51.2% of all homicide arrests although they are only 13.4% of the U.S. population.  Asians accounted for 1.0% of the arrests, while as a group Asian amount to 5.9% of the population.

FBI2019a.PNGFBI2019.PNG

Blacks are massively over-represented in arrests for homicide while Asians are under-represented by a big margin.  The same is true for all major crime categories.

Here's the chart for homicides broken down by the race of the victim and offender.  Blacks committed 2,574 murders against other Blacks, or 88.6% of all homicides against Blacks.  

In this chart, the FBI has lumped together "American Indian or Alaska Native, Asian, and Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander" as "Other Race" or "Other."  It's not possible to determine exactly how many Asians whacked Blacks and how many killed other Asians.  Of the 247 murders in the "Other Race" category, 138, or 56%, were committed by individuals in the same category.  Twenty three Blacks were killed by "Other" offenders, which is 0.8% of the total murders of Blacks.

Blacks killed 40 of the 247 "Other Race" victims in 2019, which is 16% of the total.

FBI2019b.PNG

However you look at it, crimes by Blacks are a much larger problem than crimes by Asians, even when adjusted for population size.

And for anyone who thinks abolishing the police is a good idea, here's what happens when the police aren't called.  Welcome to IHOP!  Oddly enough, the worst fight I even witnessed in real life occurred in an IHOP restaurant between white staff and a group of Blacks.  This was many years ago, but I saw a waitress fracture a guy's skull with one of the heavy glass ashtrays used back then. The cook came out of the kitchen swinging a cleaver, but didn't cut anyone.

The cops took my statement and I had to give a deposition at the D.A.'s office, but I never had to testify.

In the video below, the lone Black guy was shooting off his mouth, but he didn't deserve that sort of beatdown because he wanted to order some pancakes. For the impatient types, skip ahead to 1.00 and watch until 1.25, then ahead to 5.10. I can't get over that NO ONE tries to stop the fight or that the management doesn't summon the police.  The video has really put me off ever visiting IHOP again.

"But you tell me over and over and over again my friend Ah, you don't believe we're on the eve of destruction"

Evil

@Evil Penevil... do not listen mate to the bloke...he is worse than a troll..... calling him a sad sack is probably a shot at sad sacks.

Many BMs over the forums know you...many have met you. Not all will agree with you but at all times you have been civil and will also look at the other perspective.... have a laugh ...agree to disagree and move on.

The big thing here is that over all the forums you have one identity... go by the name of Evil.... I wonder what the number of forum names old mate Kathmandu has...555.

Hang on that could be a poll topic...lol

cheers

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Evil Penevil said:

...the level of violence by Blacks on each other or other races.

There's a lot of "black on handbag" crime, too.

I imagine - knowing how things work in the Bay Area -- Asians act as fences and the goods are packed in shipping containers sent to Bangkok & Shanghai for resale.

Diversity.

Cabal of Handbag Thieves Maybe Went From Union Square Saks to Palo Alto Neiman Marcus

https://sfist.com/2021/05/20/cabal-of-handbag-thieves-moves-from-palo-alto-neiman-marcus-to/

... The suspects then left the scene in three vehicles: a white Ford Mustang, a dark blue Infiniti four-door sedan, and a white Infiniti four-door sedan. The police bulletin describes all ten suspects as African American, and they were all wearing hoodies and face coverings. Surveillance stills that the department published on Twitter are, therefore, fairly useless...

1 hour ago, roobob said:

@Evil Penevil... do not listen mate to the bloke...he is worse than a troll..... calling him a sad sack is probably a shot at sad sacks.

Many BMs over the forums know you...many have met you. Not all will agree with you but at all times you have been civil and will also look at the other perspective.... have a laugh ...agree to disagree and move on.

The big thing here is that over all the forums you have one identity... go by the name of Evil.... I wonder what the number of forum names old mate Kathmandu has...555.

Hang on that could be a poll topic...lol

cheers

Roo, you beat me to it.

@Evil Penevil, you don't need to justify your views to these two guys, Spaz and Kat. One introduces the subject of lynching, which has nothing to do with the Floyd situation, and the other flat out accuses you of being a racist, which I'm sure is a rules violation of the forum, if any mods out there are bothering to pay attention.

It is done to place you in a position where you feel you have to defend your views, a common tactic of leftist, no matter if were talking politics, economics, sociology, global warming, etc. And of course you being the civil gent that you are, proceed to deconstruct each member's point or accusation with all the aplomb and grace of a Roger Federer backhand.

Beautifully written.

• Like 2