Rats !

Glasseye

7 hours ago, Glasseye said:

Clean.... For a NYC rat..     555555 !

The NYC subway rat video came out 10 years ago while I was still living in NYC.  It  created a huge amount of discussion on social media as well as coverage in the mainstream press.  Quite a few people speculated it was a domesticated pet rat that had escaped while its owner was carrying it on the subway.  That notion was based on the rat's size; the color and good condition of its fur; and its lack of fear of humans.  Some even believed the whole incident had been staged with a pet rat; it running up the sleeping homeless guy was simply a lucky stroke.

Scientific studies have shown NYC rats never go beyond a weight of two pounds or a length of 20 inches.  For me, that's pretty bad big.  I think I'd have a heart attack if I encountered a two-pound, 20-inch rat up close.  😱

The reports of giant rats three-to-four feet in length and weighing 10 to 20 pounds are urban myths or based on sightings of a rodent called a nutria.

556901-nutria.png

It was imported from South America in the early 1900s for fur farming and escaped nutria became established as an invasive species in the south of the U.S.  Captured nutria are sometimes set loose (and filmed) in big cities as a prank.

Evil

• Great Info 1