Introduce yourself to the Forum

Hello all, i'm Steve, an Englishman who has lived in the Pattaya area for the last 18 years.

Up until last year i was spending much of my time touring Thailand, Cambodia, Laos and Malaysia on my motorbike, but now due to various reasons i'm leading a more settled lifestyle.

Early next year, 2022, we will be re-locating to Khon San ( near Chum Phae ), that's once the smallish house is built.

So if anybody is in the area and would like to meet up for the occasional beer or five then feel free to contact.

I / we visit the area now maybe 4 or 5 times a year, but as of next year it will our permanent location.

Regards Steve + A.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

On 9/2/2018 at 7:43 AM, Lanzalad said:

Welcome to the forum.

As a NEW MEMBER you will need to post into this thread/topic before you gain access into the main forum section.

All you need to do is to say hello to all the other members and tell us a little bit about your self.

Untitled.png

Happy to be on this form and talk about everything Thailand has to offer.

• Like 1

Greetings to all thailand-247 members

Born in the heart of Europe I have been living in a number of different countries in my life. Now retired in Thailand with my Thai wife and daughter.

I wish for a pleasent, interesting, helpful and peaceful communication !

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SEA Drifter said:

Lived in Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam over the last dozen years. Hence the screen name. :default_biggrin:  

Have gotten some positive vibes from the owners, as per comments above. Good. 

Looking forward to your success. 

I too have spent time in Vietnam, Cambodia, and Philippines...it was all good.  Love the beaches of Nha Trang...

Edited by Bamaman
  • Like 1

I  " signed  into"  and completed  the "registration" with a  jaded  hope that this forum will be a little different than the Thailand and  Pattaya  forums that I am currently a semi active member of.

As a "senior" who "married " into this culture with a wonderful Thai family,  maybe it is natural to become a little cynical and to become  a  "Grumpy old man" with a built in  a sense of "seen it all before".

However I must  admire and respect those who, at a time when we are experiencing  one of the worlds   lowest ebbs in every sense ,   have the enthusiasm,  faith and tenacity to start something new!

I wish you the very best of luck and hope that I can participate in this new venture with a renewed sense of hope, not only for the Country I chose to make my own but for the world in general .

Congratulations in this new and exciting forum.

Edit

With egg on my face

Just noticed that this forum has been going for some considerable time and I for whatever reason I was never aware of it.

I thought of deleting my post and just replacing it with a simple "hello"!

However, The positivity that the email I read early this morning informing me  about the ha ha ha  "New  forum"  stimulated my "jaded mind" into  writing  something positive.

On balance , I decided to let my original thoughts and feeling stand!

Edited by n210mp2
  • Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, n210mp2 said:

I  " signed  into"  and completed  the "registration" with a  jaded  hope that this forum will be a little different than the Thailand and  Pattaya  forums that I am currently a semi active member of.

As a "senior" who "married " into this culture with a wonderful Thai family,  maybe it is natural to become a little cynical and to become  a  "Grumpy old man" with a built in  a sense of "seen it all before".

However I must  admire and respect those who, at a time when we are experiencing  one of the worlds   lowest ebbs in every sense ,   have the enthusiasm,  faith and tenacity to start something new!

I wish you the very best of luck and hope that I can participate in this new venture with a renewed sense of hope, not only for the Country I chose to make my own but for the world in general .

Congratulations in this new and exciting forum.

Edit

With egg on my face

Just noticed that this forum has been going for some considerable time and I for whatever reason I was never aware of it.

I thought of deleting my post and just replacing it with a simple "hello"!

However, The positivity that the email I read early this morning informing me  about the ha ha ha  "New  forum"  stimulated my "jaded mind" into  writing  something positive.

On balance , I decided to let my original thoughts and feeling stand!

Welcome to the forum, sir.

Without doubt there are common features and traits that pervade all Thai forums.  One of the aims of this forum is that members can post without fear of being abused or ridiculed.  Politics are kept in a separate section (politics club) that members can opt into; although all the forum rules apply to the politics club, as a moderating team we are able to perhaps interpret the rules a little less strictly.  

3 hours ago, n210mp2 said:

Well said mate!

I live among Thais in Pattaya but have been around a bit. They are all going through extreme hardship at the moment but the daily laughter never stops, especially with the children. They get their schoolwork books every Monday and without exception sit at tables outside their homes every morning doing the work assigned to them. I do what I can to help and my monthly target is that every penny of my meagre pension is spent helping out wherever I can.

I love Thailand and thank the day I was offered a contract here in 96. 

The only negativity I come across here is when I venture into farangland. There are are a right bunch of miserable gits out there ..!!

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1