Introduce yourself to the Forum

Hi, I'm a 72 yrs old  guy, living in San Diego, California (USA).   I use to visit Thailand i, maybe 2 times a year.  Covids put a stop to that.   I'm joining this forum  in the hope of gaining info. for my next trip to LOS

diego 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, fatfrank said:

Hi just joined, I have been visiting Thailand once or twice a year (until covid) since 1987.

Welcome Frank. This is a great way to stay plugged in until the craziness returns to just being your everyday normal kind of crazzy.

26 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Sorry it didn't work out for you as a Manager at Chelski, but nice to see you on the Board anyway :default_biggrin:

Actually the Frank is a nickname I have had ever since the gentleman in my (just added) avatar picture was on TV. And whilst I do support a CFC we are a much older club than the London newcomers.🙂 

6 minutes ago, fatfrank said:

Actually the Frank is a nickname I have had ever since the gentleman in my (just added) avatar picture was on TV. And whilst I do support a CFC we are a much older club than the London newcomers.🙂 

Ah, get it now. 

Not a CFC in Scotland i hope ....:default_biggrin:

:default_527:

Hello everybody, sawadee kaaaaa . 🙏

I'm Jo. 😃

Love Thailand, unfortunately I am unable to fly over soon, I'm from Malaysia n we r very much infected currently. I hv got my 1st dose vaccine, 2nd dose next week, hopefully I can be in the LOS soon. Big thanks to creators of this forum. 👍👍👍

• Like 1

Hello everyone I’m 43 from the U.K. and been frequenting Thailand during the last 16 years,I usually reside in udon as i enjoy the isaan culture and lifestyle but it’s time for a change and some beach scenery so Phuket is where I’ll be residing in a weeks time while I decide about where I’m going to relocate after my sandbox stay and hopefully find a tidy property for long term rental

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Leighton said:

Hello everyone I’m 43 from the U.K. and been frequenting Thailand during the last 16 years,I usually reside in udon as i enjoy the isaan culture and lifestyle but it’s time for a change and some beach scenery so Phuket is where I’ll be residing in a weeks time while I decide about where I’m going to relocate after my sandbox stay and hopefully find a tidy property for long term rental

Hi, welcome!

Be interested in reading your opinion of the Phuket sandbox once you get there.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Hi, welcome!

Be interested in reading your opinion of the Phuket sandbox once you get there.

Feel free to drop me a message in a week or 2 krapow and I’ll give you my honest opinion on the sandbox as I arrive there on Saturday ,little bit of hassle with the COE but I'm sure it’ll be worth it,people moaning there getting ripped of with the THB 8000 for 3 x covid tests but the hotel prices in Phuket are VERY cheap so there are swings and roundabouts, 

we’ve been on lockdown here in the U.K. for long enough over the last 16mts so I’m accustomed to that now 🤦‍♂️ haha so if Phuket does go into full lockdown and the sandbox has to shut I’m sure I’ll survive be happier there than being here in the uk,

1 minute ago, Leighton said:

Feel free to drop me a message in a week or 2 krapow and I’ll give you my honest opinion on the sandbox as I arrive there on Saturday ,little bit of hassle with the COE but I'm sure it’ll be worth it,people moaning there getting ripped of with the THB 8000 for 3 x covid tests but the hotel prices in Phuket are VERY cheap so there are swings and roundabouts, 

we’ve been on lockdown here in the U.K. for long enough over the last 16mts so I’m accustomed to that now 🤦‍♂️ haha so if Phuket does go into full lockdown and the sandbox has to shut I’m sure I’ll survive be happier there than being here in the uk,

You could do a thread if you could be bothered, as i'm sure others would be interested as well. :default_biggrin:

Yea, i had a look at the participating hotel prices a few weeks ago when it was launched, thinking they would be lumpy. But they were cheap, very cheap, think maybe desperate to get the custom. So swings and roundabouts alright! 

We have a young daughter, so when read about a young child testing asymptomatic positive in the sandbox, getting removed from their parents, getting taken to a hospital in a strange country by people in hazmat suits etc, i thought again. I'd have ended up getting arrested.  I later read they allowed one parent to go to the hospital, but even so. Poor child must have been traumatised. 

But yea, if i was by myself, had the time and finance, it certainly would be getting seriously looked at. As it is, we're just kinda 'monitoring' it, more in hope ...

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Hi everyone 

40 year old Kiwi here. Been to BKK and Patts a few times and also Koh Chang, Samui, Khon Kaen, Phuket, and Chiang Mai. 

Haven't been there for a few years now and now that I'm married (to a Thai) the trips to Patts are a distant memory! We're thinking about perhaps retiring in Thailand so hopefully there will be some good info about how to go about that here.

Cheers

• Like 1

1 hour ago, maranelloman said:

Hi everyone 

40 year old Kiwi here. Been to BKK and Patts a few times and also Koh Chang, Samui, Khon Kaen, Phuket, and Chiang Mai. 

Haven't been there for a few years now and now that I'm married (to a Thai) the trips to Patts are a distant memory! We're thinking about perhaps retiring in Thailand so hopefully there will be some good info about how to go about that here.

Cheers

You would'nt have a Ferrari would you ?