Running / Walking Shoes

Sea-Hawks

Sketchers Glide Step w/ air-cooled memory foam 

57C3A9B8-A57A-483E-900B-B11A9179D9CE.jpeg

C3686482-7CED-4E6A-91B4-B005099E2F53.jpeg

D9602F25-AD77-4CCC-BBF2-43BA79367459.jpeg

So ran 4x this week for a total of #50 miles on these new shoes.  

I ran a short distance at a slower pace, ran a short distance at a quick pace, ran a longer distance at both a slow & fast pace.  

My thoughts: for a cheaper $79.99 shoe it does the job and a good value for the price.  But, compared to my higher end running shoes ($129-$179), it doesn’t come close to the feel, comfort and responsiveness of the better, more expensive running shoes out in the marketplace. I’ll probably retire this pair of shoes from any sort of run and just use it for my weekend hikes in the forest in the fall as I hike & look for mushrooms.  

The shoe is fairly firm/more structure and isn’t useable as a recovery shoe.  It is ok for quicker and more tempo runs.  

The mesh top is breathable and kept my feet cool.  The tongue and inside heel padding was minimal, but adequate.  

So, I now own 3 completely different Skechers.  If you didn’t look at the label, you would not even realize that all three shoes are Skechers.  The 3 Skechers:

- Skechers Glide Step w/ air-cooled memory foam

- Skechers Ultra Go w/air cooled Goga Mat

- Skechers GoWalk 4

(From left to right)

The lightest shoe is the GoWalk 4, followed by the Skechers Ultra Go w/air cooled Goga Mat and lastly the Skechers Glide Step w/ air-cooled memory foam. 781ADB92-0BD8-4D0A-894A-60CF98004379.jpeg

The first 2 shoes are both very light and extremely comfortable shoes.  I tend to use the lightest shoe, the GoWalk 4 for around the house and quick errands around town.  

The 2nd lightest shoe, the Ultra Go w/air cooled Goga Mat, I tend to use for longer days out or if my back/legs need extra support.  The extra foam cushion is soft & squishy and helps for longer days walking around town.  

Both shoes listed above are not good or useable in my opinion for running/hiking but are great for indoor & using around town.  

The Skechers Glide Step w/ air-cooled memory foam, is really only good for running and for me at least not useable for everyday use.  It lacks any cushion support, very stiff/more structured shoe and the heaviest shoe. 

In terms of just plain comfort, I would go from left to right: 

Skechers Ultra Go w/air cooled Goga Mat, Skechers GoWalk 4, and lastly the Skechers Glide Step w/ air-cooled memory foam - which isn’t that comfortable as an everyday use shoe  

1379DCF9-723A-4356-955D-51C7CC383ED5.jpeg

I'm another Skechers fan, my last pair of trainers were that brand. As mentioned previously, so very comfortable. Only thing I found is that they become really slippery in the wet when the sole wears down. And as its so soft they do wear down quite quickly. Apart from that they are superb. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, galenkia said:

I'm another Skechers fan, my last pair of trainers were that brand. As mentioned previously, so very comfortable. Only thing I found is that they become really slippery in the wet when the sole wears down. And as its so soft they do wear down quite quickly. Apart from that they are superb. 

…yes, understandable, given the typical weight of most Skechers and most higher end performance shoes.  In order to decrease weight, the soles/mm are decreased, once that occurs, they could become slick on wet pavement. 

2 hours ago, Krapow said:

almost 30% off is a great deal.  Shoes are now reasonably priced, lol. 

On 7/6/2021 at 8:42 AM, Yessongs said:

Just picked up some "New Balance" running shoes, 4th of July sale here at Dicks Sporting Goods. Wifey got "Nikes" 

Taking them to Lake Tahoe Sunday for a jog in the Sierras.  So far so good at the track here locally. 

Geez...as you can see, you guys know how expensive running shoes can be. 

Worse then Calif gas prices LOL! 

IMG_5446.JPG

I was having lunch with a former coworker-worker at the mall.  They happened to have a New Balance store so went in to look around after lunch.  Ended up trying on the New Balance Fresh Foam More V3.  If you are looking for a soft, squishy & cushionie shoes - this shoe is probably it.  I was not aware of this model.   Honestly, I haven’t been looking too much at NB, so understandable that this one slipped under-the-radar for at least myself.  I was pleasantly surprised at the quality & comfort of the shoe.  

Now, considering I still have a few shoes still being delivered & a few new pairs on my shelf that still need to be incorporated in my rotation and a couple pairs that haven’t yet been broken in yet inside the house before initial runs outside, I decided against buying ATM.   I guess after trying out my Nike ZoomX Invincible RunFlyknit, I will go back and buy a pair of these.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sea-Hawks said:

almost 30% off is a great deal.  Shoes are now reasonably priced, lol. 

Adidas are forever doing 20 /25% off too (even off sale) , just search for adidas promo codes .

Edited by roomark
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, Sea-Hawks said:

Sketchers Glide Step w/ air-cooled memory foam 

57C3A9B8-A57A-483E-900B-B11A9179D9CE.jpeg

C3686482-7CED-4E6A-91B4-B005099E2F53.jpeg

D9602F25-AD77-4CCC-BBF2-43BA79367459.jpeg

So ran 4x this week for a total of #50 miles on these new shoes.  

I ran a short distance at a slower pace, ran a short distance at a quick pace, ran a longer distance at both a slow & fast pace.  

My thoughts: for a cheaper $79.99 shoe it does the job and a good value for the price.  But, compared to my higher end running shoes ($129-$179), it doesn’t come close to the feel, comfort and responsiveness of the better, more expensive running shoes out in the marketplace. I’ll probably retire this pair of shoes from any sort of run and just use it for my weekend hikes in the forest in the fall as I hike & look for mushrooms.  

The shoe is fairly firm/more structure and isn’t useable as a recovery shoe.  It is ok for quicker and more tempo runs.  

The mesh top is breathable and kept my feet cool.  The tongue and inside heel padding was minimal, but adequate.  

All the problems I have now with my knees and lower back I attribute to the period I became addicted to jogging on pavements in trainers that were not suitable for such running.

• Surprised 1

2 minutes ago, Jambo said:

All the problems I have now with my knees and lower back I attribute to the period I became addicted to jogging on pavements in trainers that were not suitable for such running.

I was starting to have knee and hip pain from running. Never been to a foot doctor before, but went to Podiatry Thailand and got fitted for custom orthotic insoles. Not cheap at 5,000B, but they worked. First run after putting them in and the knee and hip pain disappeared.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

I was starting to have knee and hip pain from running. Never been to a foot doctor before, but went to Podiatry Thailand and got fitted for custom orthotic insoles. Not cheap at 5,000B, but they worked. First run after putting them in and the knee and hip pain disappeared.

Any chance of getting a detailed report on the decision to see the Podiatrist and the step-by-step process you went through.  Also an analysis of the first run with the custom insoles and breaking down of further usage of the custom insoles and at what point you began to see your knee/hip pain dissipate and how long it took to completely go away?

20 hours ago, Sea-Hawks said:

Any chance of getting a detailed report on the decision to see the Podiatrist and the step-by-step process you went through.  Also an analysis of the first run with the custom insoles and breaking down of further usage of the custom insoles and at what point you began to see your knee/hip pain dissipate and how long it took to completely go away?

The knee and hip pain was gone on the first run using the orthotics. I decided to see the Podiatrist as I recognized the pain I was feeling wasn't the result of a new injury. It grew gradually and I suspected it was because my body was probably trying to compensate for an old knee injury that was starting to act up again due to weight gain. It was the hip pain that I was most concerned about because I'd never had that before.

IIRC, he had me stand on a plate that used carbon paper to make an image of how the bottom of my foot contacted a flat surface. He also took several foot measurements and had me run a couple strides towards and away from him so he could judge my running gate. Not high tech at all, but I'm happy with the result so he must have known what he was doing.

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1

• 1 month later...

So my pre-order new model of the Asics Noosa Tri 13 arrived 10 days ago

2561F088-14B9-40F0-A6C4-1AE083A70DCD.jpeg

I ran in them a few times already and a great shoe.  Quality made shoe both in comfort & responsiveness.  Great cushioning bounce.  Great outer soles with added tread & structure.

image.jpg

My Nike ZoomX Invincible Run & Asics Novablast are more squishy/marshmallowy/bouncing/softer impact than these shoes, but not by much.  The complaints by some who don’t like an overly squishy shoe (Nike ZoomX or Asics Novablast) is that they are too squishy & lack enough structure while running on non flat surfaces…well, these Asics Noosa shoes add that extra structure to help you on runs when on surfaces are not flat or even.  I think these shoes will be the go-to shoe when I go for my very early runs in places like Thailand where there are dangers lurking about with the uneven sidewalks, cracked pavement, potholes etc…

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Sea-Hawks said:

…oh, btw, a way cheaper shoe than the Nike Zoom X $195 USD or the Asics Novablast $175 USD.  

The Asics Noosa Tri 13 are at a bargain price of $134 USD.  

(all prices above include tax)

If I was a "runner" I would probably pay the extra baht for a better pair. But, I'm not. So I always seem to find a decent pair for around $60, and they usually last me a long time.

• Thumbs Up 1