Tokyo Olympics

Stillearly

On 7/23/2021 at 7:14 AM, CampariO said:

Go Germany!!!!!

Top 10 Hottest Female Athletes in TOKYO 2020

Maybe see more of her in 2024..? 😛

‘World’s Sexiest Athlete’ Alica Schmidt explains Olympic exit in heartfelt message
The German track and field star explained why she bowed out of the Tokyo Olympics

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/alica-schmidt-explains-olympic-exit

In the meantime:

imago0041781681s.jpg

c059bbc961533fc19ff92949bae8ce95.jpg

alica-234.jpg.fb1c1d1cc090b63331843fc0cd106373.jpg

alica-schmidt-3.jpg

0_JS211367850.jpg

80621.JPG

Edited by lazarus
  • Like 3
  • Surprised 1

On 8/6/2021 at 3:34 PM, lazarus said:

From left, Jamaica's Shericka Jackson, Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce, Briana Williams and Elaine Thompson-Herah celebrate after winning the gold medal in the 4 x 100-meter relay on August 6. (Charlie Riedel/AP)

90214ffb-9428-49ae-acff-b5b92c7bfd1c.jpg

What a team that is, I thought they may have nudged the World Record, but a few iffy change overs scuppled them!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Evil Penevil said:

Final medal count standings.  Fantastic performances by GB, Netherlands, Australia and Canada, considering the huge differences in population compared to China, US and Russia,

Perhaps even more impressive performance by Japan.

7 hours ago, Lemondropkid said:

When I first watched the clip I thought what a unsportsmanlike move. But reading some of the comments they pointed out when watching the slow motion clip it appears his hand was shaking, probably from over heating, dehydration and his running stride, and his knocking over the bottles was probably accidental. I'm inclined to agree with that assessment.

52 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

When I first watched the clip I thought what a unsportsmanlike move. But reading some of the comments they pointed out when watching the slow motion clip it appears his hand was shaking, probably from over heating, dehydration and his running stride, and his knocking over the bottles was probably accidental. I'm inclined to agree with that assessment.

I've watched it a few times and I don't buy that .. looks deliberate to me , his had wasn't shaking when he took the last bottle 

• Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, lazarus said:

Double gold for USA Track & Field in the 4x400m relay.

It was the only gold the U.S. men's track team won.  For the first time since the modern Olympics began in 1896, a U.S. runner failed to place first in an individual race.  In the men's field events, the U.S. won gold in the shotput.  No less than all-time U.S. Olympic great Carl Lewis publicly slammed the U.S. effort in the 4x100-meter relay, calling it a "total embarrassment."

Far lesser lights than Carl Lewis have jumped on the team's performance as well.  It's USA Track&Field, which organizes and coaches the U.S. team in the sport, that has come in for most of the criticism.  Weak leadership and poor coaching decisions are said to be the main culprits. A lot of observers believe the track athletes have become too spoiled and overconfident on the men's side because they have been coddled.

Restrictions because of Covid may have played a role, but they also affected the U.S. women's team, which did very well in the tokyo Olympics.  Also worth noting that the two best U.S. runners (male and female) for the 100 meters did not compete in Tokyp because of a failed drug test or failure to take scheduled drug tests.  It's not because they used performance-enhancing drugs, but smoking marijuana that's behind the bans.

Evil

• 3 weeks later...