Burritoz

Glasseye

This one could be a winner. The guy making these things is from Chicago, which is IMO the burrito capital of the world ! One place I used to go for my burritos was owned by a good friend of mine - "Labamba's" - "Burritos As Big As Your Head". I met him when he and his brother started out their first place in Champaign, Il. They were so successful that they went on to open up several joints across the Midwest and became millionaires, literally. Huge burritos made with quality ingredients. 

If this place sells burritos half as good as Labamba's then it should do well. Price it reasonably and I will be there often upon return. I wish them well !

I'd be interested to hear back from anyone who has been able to get there for a test run.

https://www.pattayamail.com/whats-on/pattaya-survivors-big-beautiful-burritoz-or-3bz-burritoz-366525

Pattaya Survivors: Big Beautiful Burritoz or 3Bz Burritoz

By
 Barry Kenyon
 -

Pattaya-Around-Town-1-Pattaya-Survivors-
Jose, Mickey and Ploy making a success of it.

Good Mexican food is no stranger to Pattaya, but the take-out cantina on Soi Bongkot (Soi 3) is in a class of its own. 3Bz Burritoz is run by Ploy, a Thai lady who began selling Italian pizzas near Mabprachan Lake in 2015, graduated to experimenting with Mexican dishes, and three years later started a restaurant in Pattaya’s Soi Korphai before moving to the current base about eight months ago. “I began with chicken burritos,” she says, “and widened the menu by listening to customers and following up on their advice.”

Her US-born husband Mickey, brought up in Chicago which is a city with very strong Mexican elements, was working full-time as operations manager of a hi tech company based in Shanghai but spent much of his time in Thailand. “I soon realized that Ploy is a genius in multi-national cuisine and that the customers just love her product,” he explains. The business is also fortunate to have Jose, a Myanmar baker of flat breads with 12 years’ experience in Pattaya: 3bz Burritoz is a really good example of teamwork being the basis of success.

The take-out and delivery Mexican service depends on other factors too. There’s a large loyalty market of mostly farang customers who transferred after the closure of the Soi Korphai branch. Moreover, this is one of the very few businesses in Pattaya being promoted on Goku Food, a Chinese app popular with the city’s Chinese residents. Moreover, Ploy has invested time and energy into online shipping of the Mexican food to other parts of the country, using Kerry Express and other transport options.

Above all, there’s customer care. It’s a well-known adage that marketing is about repeat business, not just new customers, and 3Bz Burritoz has certainly taken that message to heart. You have only to glance at the feedback on the more popular, Pattaya-related, social media sites to see the truth of that. There’s currently a 20 percent discount on some menu items. Look them up on Facebook and Grab for all the details.

So, if you are a Mexican food gourmet or don’t know your burrito from your nacho or your taco from your quesadilla, this is the place to satisfy any palate. The menu is quickly being expanded, so look out for the additions. In the pipeline already are Churoo Chips (a crispy but sweet dessert) and Jalapeno Popper (cream cheese, bacon and other irresistible items). Vegetarians are well catered for too

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

I will be a customer there....if ever I get back to Thailand.

Huevos Rancheros is in my view the greatest breakfast ever.

But only after 11am.

👍

Nothing like a giant burrito after a night of drinking.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KWA said:

That is Tigglebitties Tavern delivery service.  Always well reviewed IIRC.

This is the only take out I use anymore......I bet I have ordered at least 25-30 times now...Good every time......The deserts are not the best, but the meals are great....

• 5 months later...

Can't believe it took a year, but finally noticed 3Bz Burritoz at their new location on Bong Koch Soi 3 during yesterday morning's ride. Stopped by again in the evening and had their small, chicken burrito. Quite tasty with plenty of chicken and just the right amount of Mexican spicy flavor.

IMG_20220213_172254.jpg

The owner Mickey and his wife Ploy. Both quite outgoing and easy conversationalist.
P2130002.jpg

For those that missed it, @Evil Penevil did a good review of their order out service.

On 2/13/2022 at 7:57 PM, forcebwithu said:

Can't believe it took a year, but finally noticed 3Bz Burritoz at their new location on Bong Koch Soi 3 during yesterday morning's ride. Stopped by again in the evening and had their small, chicken burrito. Quite tasty with plenty of chicken and just the right amount of Mexican spicy flavor.

IMG_20220213_172254.jpg

The owner Mickey and his wife Ploy. Both quite outgoing and easy conversationalist.
P2130002.jpg

For those that missed it, @Evil Penevil did a good review of their order out service.

I can't wait to check it out !   Thanks !

On 2/14/2022 at 7:57 AM, forcebwithu said:

Can't believe it took a year, but finally noticed 3Bz Burritoz at their new location on Bong Koch Soi 3 during yesterday morning's ride.

2 hours ago, Glasseye said:

I can't wait to check it out !   Thanks !

If I wasn't so happily settled where I live now then I would definitely think about moving to that soi on a permanent basis.

33 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

If I wasn't so happily settled where I live now then I would definitely think about moving to that soi on a permanent basis.

It's a great area to live. Not only because of 3Bz Burritoz, but Central Pattaya is an easy walk from there and there are some inexpensive housing options on that Soi and nearby.

Directly across from 3Bz is Vinai Place Appartments that a friend lived at for close to a decade. Don't know how he did it as it was a single room, but to each their own.

Myself I prefer a house. Another friend had a house in LK Villa on Soi Bong Koch. There's also The Village across from the fire station on 3rd Road that looks like a decent place to live.

• Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

There's also The Village across from the fire station on 3rd Road that looks like a decent place to live.

Shit yeh, and in the morning across the road from there on the corner of a small soi  is the best smelling BBQ fish and chicken place in Pattaya!

For somebody just arriving here to settle down, anywhere just east of 3rd road is a great place to start.

• Like 1