Campers, Caravans, Trailers, RVs - Back to the Future & Beyond.

lazarus

Nice little deal here for less that $30 k. But then you'd need a vehicle to pull it. But, the size of the camper is relatively light so you might be able to get by with a mid-size vehicle (SUV or small truck). Could find a good used one for $15-20 k. So... I reckon if you take the time, negotiate a deal - might be able to get a good set up for around even $40-45 k.

One thing I don't care much for is how they have the shitter open right in the middle. Might lead to some very awkward moments..... :default_1092:

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

One thing I don't care much for is how they have the shitter open right in the middle.

It reminded me of some of the toilets in a Thai prison.... :default_bitenails:

EDIT= Also quite similar to the bogs at the base camp just outside PG in Belize... Bloody luxury before heading out for jungle training in the early 70s !!!

Edited by Derek Dangleberries

Mate of mine bought a new camper van in the UK in November 2019. He'd been waiting 5 months for it to be built and delivered. I think it was £65k plus loose change.

A year later, after the first few waves of covid, it went in for its initial 1000 mile service. The dealer asked if hed like to sell it, as finding decent 2nd hand campers was proving next to impossible. The dealer offered him £75k.

My mate turned him down, as, as he said, what could he replace it with? He's been out touring the UK in it since mid July, and doesn't plan returning home until he needs to turn thr heating on. That'll be next week then....

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

It reminded me of some of the toilets in a Thai prison.... :default_bitenails:

EDIT= Also quite similar to the bogs at the base camp just outside PG in Belize... Bloody luxury before heading out for jungle training in the early 70s !!!

I think I'd rather shit in the woods.    lol

Although I did that once and then sat in a pile of poison ivy (unknowingly). Turned into a real bad week for me. 

• Surprised 1

1 hour ago, Lirchenfeld said:

They are popular amongst street girls. Especially along the Autobahn, but also in cities. Cheaper than hotels and better comfort than in cars.

Just like at the beach in California...except they use VW Buses... 😉

a0b997bca72c005560f3a27f974155aa.jpg

0ae1906f8c1906413d276b512bd0f4bc.jpg

7fe23c5bc0264e94393ecffc82883265.jpg

042a90b82ab77b370e1da1340f4b8dfc.jpg

75830c1d9cd5a8242d7b96d2d5ded8ee.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, thegrogmonster said:

When do we get to see some pictures of the boydeste mobile loveshack?

I have just ordered my van, but I have to wait for it to be manufactured.

They are predicting 4 to 5 months wait.

Apparently there is a chip shortage which is slowing production.

Covid must be playing a part too.

• Thumbs Up 2

Knew of an English chap that became a trucker in the USA and eventually settled in Mississippi. He built a mobile, road ready, go anywhere trailer that was pretty sweet. All the comforts of home, including a recliner, big screen TV, the whole nine yards.  Wonder where he ended up?

Edited by Kathmandu
  • Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, boydeste said:

I have just ordered my van, but I have to wait for it to be manufactured.

They are predicting 4 to 5 months wait.

Apparently there is a chip shortage which is slowing production.

Covid must be playing a part too.

Yes, that chip shortage is creating havoc with the vehicle manufacturers. Especially in Thailand were their export markets are heavily dependent on the auto industry. One more huge straw on the back of the Thai economy right now. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Well Matt, car show yesterday here locally at this small airport in San Jose. 

This guy told me he would sell me this completely re-modeled VW van for $40k, figured I could have it shipped to Thailand.

Ya think I could take this over to Pattaya, park it behind the old Secrets, shag a few birds in it, that way I would not have to pay for a "loom"

There was enough room in the back for a "3 some" LOL! 

Got 45 more pics of some great cars, will post up after i get back from holiday, leaving tomorrow.

IMG_6459JPG.jpg

IMG_6460JPG.jpg

IMG_6461JPG.jpg

IMG_6462JPG.jpg

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Yessongs said:

Well Matt, car show yesterday here locally at this small airport in San Jose. 

This guy told me he would sell me this completely re-modeled VW van for $40k, figured I could have it shipped to Thailand.

Ya think I could take this over to Pattaya, park it behind the old Secrets, shag a few birds in it, that way I would not have to pay for a "loom"

There was enough room in the back for a "3 some" LOL! 

Got 45 more pics of some great cars, will post up after i get back from holiday, leaving tomorrow.

IMG_6459JPG.jpg

IMG_6460JPG.jpg

IMG_6461JPG.jpg

IMG_6462JPG.jpg

Yeah...big business importing restored VW Micro-buses to the US right now. They're back ordered...

I bet it was hot on the tarmac? Looking forward to the "hotter" pics.

I wanted to come see but was at a soccer coaches' clinic in The City. Was even a little warm here!