Campers, Caravans, Trailers, RVs - Back to the Future & Beyond.

lazarus

2 minutes ago, lazarus said:

Yeah...big business importing restored VW Micro-buses to the US right now. They're back ordered...

I bet it was hot on the tarmac? Looking forward to the "hotter" pics.

I wanted to come see but was at a soccer coaches' clinic in The City. Was even a little warm here!

Yeah Matt, hotter then hell out there, we lasted 1 1/2 hours my buddy and I...that was enough.  Cool that you are getting involved with your Daughters Soccer. Ok wifey is calling, the Pancakes are ready but before I go, was also thinking about buying this 1942 Willys....comes with the ammo the guy said. Might need this one in my driveway if the "Taliban" come to my hood! 

IMG_6452JPG.jpg

IMG_6453JPG.jpg

IMG_6454JPG.jpg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Yessongs said:

Well Matt, car show yesterday here locally at this small airport in San Jose. 

This guy told me he would sell me this completely re-modeled VW van for $40k, figured I could have it shipped to Thailand.

Ya think I could take this over to Pattaya, park it behind the old Secrets, shag a few birds in it, that way I would not have to pay for a "loom"

There was enough room in the back for a "3 some" LOL! 

Got 45 more pics of some great cars, will post up after i get back from holiday, leaving tomorrow.

IMG_6459JPG.jpg

IMG_6460JPG.jpg

IMG_6461JPG.jpg

IMG_6462JPG.jpg

Awesome !

2 hours ago, Yessongs said:

Yeah Matt, hotter then hell out there, we lasted 1 1/2 hours my buddy and I...that was enough.  Cool that you are getting involved with your Daughters Soccer. Ok wifey is calling, the Pancakes are ready but before I go, was also thinking about buying this 1942 Willys....comes with the ammo the guy said. Might need this one in my driveway if the "Taliban" come to my hood! 

IMG_6452JPG.jpg

IMG_6453JPG.jpg

IMG_6454JPG.jpg

Mini version of a Rat Patrol jeep. Used to love that show !

3 hours ago, lazarus said:

Yeah...big business importing restored VW Micro-buses to the US right now. They're back ordered...

I bet it was hot on the tarmac? Looking forward to the "hotter" pics.

I wanted to come see but was at a soccer coaches' clinic in The City. Was even a little warm here!

You should see it in *Brazil. Seems like every other vehicle is a VW, at least when I was last there.

*Another once great place for travelling that has now disappeared off my radar.

14 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

You should see it in *Brazil. Seems like every other vehicle is a VW, at least when I was last there.

They made a lot of 'em there. 

...Volkswagen do Brasil Ltda. is a subsidiary arm of Volkswagen Group, established in 1953 with local assembly of the Volkswagen Type 1 from parts imported from Germany. It produced over 20 million vehicles in Brazil, having been market leader for the majority of their more than sixty years in existence...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswagen_do_Brasil#:~:text=Volkswagen do Brasil Ltda. is,than sixty years in existence.

. . .

In the meantime...

1d2ea3bbd325908f06218d863f297d28.jpg

9e7135fc23afdcb47c5f5676c8fc9aa1.jpg

5979b10c097278c68019c1c53a820507.jpg

a59a6b108b12e1f8d32d241c4fc66921.jpg

f5eb6572269eb8a0d5b56c9ef0fc9385.jpg

4a0de3bccaf50146ff0e3d42717f718f.jpg

f948b1ee64b51077dc76ff8d53632ebf.png

• Like 3

On 8/29/2021 at 11:34 AM, Yessongs said:

IMG_6452JPG.jpg

IMG_6453JPG.jpg

IMG_6454JPG.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 8/22/2021 at 1:54 AM, Butch said:

To be honest, at $20k or so, if someone already had a vehicle to tow and hook up to it, something like that could probably pay for itself after a year if you lived in it full time.

It's not exactly cramped, offers decent accomodation, as good as any Condo might with the added bonus of mobility.

Would it be possible to find an area, park up and just live there for weeks on end without any hassle?.

Yeah, they can pay for themselves.  I lived in my 27 footer for about 7 years after I got divorced.  I pulled it to all the refinery shutdowns, paying $200 - $300 a month for a space, while getting $100 per diem that those without a trailer spent on motel rooms.  I never worried about finding a more permanent domicile as I was always on a job somewhere. It went across country three times.  It’s been to Lake Okeechobee, in southern Florida and as far north as Anacortes, Washington. 
I eventually moved into an apartment and later bought a home, when I got married again. 

• Like 3

When I took early retirement in 1997 I bought a 21 foot Bedford motorhome. Ford 302 v8, shower, toilet, tv etc. Spent 3 years roaming the east coast of Oz with a gf, from Ceduna up to Daintree. Free camped most of the time, plenty of spots. A great life-style, joined a club and met some lovely people, many I still am in contact with

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 3